Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Thumbs up Social Media, Propaganda, and Mass Hypnosis

Over the course of 2 decades of my Hypnotherapy practice I have hypnotized hundreds of people, helping them make positive changes to lead better quality lives.

From my perspective, what I witness happening in the televised and social media soup today is the opposite of Hypnotherapy and is deeply disturbing.

The public should be aware that the manner in which propaganda and yellow journalism is deployed can have a hypnotic effect on people, especially the most vulnerable, children.

This last presidential election, fake news, “click-bait”, and Daesh can serve to raise our collective consciousness about the dangers of mass hypnosis spread through media as it has recently in regrettable, repugnant, and horrifying ways.

Propaganda, false or misleading information used to manipulate the public’s perceptions and beliefs, specifically designed to produce an emotional response instead of a rational one, distorts the truth, and often panders to human weakness by demonizing a political opponent.

Given enough time and repetition, propaganda’s hypnotic effect can amplify feelings of insecurity, hatred, racism, and fear… or an inhumane sense of empowerment that leads a person to commit crime or don a suicide vest.

Fear puts a person into a more suggestible state, and exposure to toxic propaganda is how vulnerable, desperate, and misguided people can be incited to harm others.

In my view, propaganda is hate speech, not free speech. Facts are facts. If you’re spreading lies or omitting the truth, that’s propaganda.

When you think of hypnosis, most people think that it only happens with your eyes closed… but that is certainly not the case.

There are basically two types hypnotic states, occurring separately or in succession:

a deep, “fixed-gaze” type, with eyes opened or closed, which is great for conditioning, learning, and reinforcing, like when listening to music or a self-hypnosis recording,
and a “pseudo-REM sleep-lucid dreaming” type with eyes always closed during an interactive guided hypnotherapy session in which a person might have a corrective emotional experience.

Now picture masses of people with fixed gazes… staring at the Telly or watching video clips on their smartphones, immersed in their echo chambers, soaking up biased, toxic, fake news, alternative facts, conspiracy theories, and you can understand my concern.

People can be made to believe just about anything.

It’s time to call yellow journalism and televised political propaganda what it really is: mass hypnosis.

It is my belief that propaganda spread through media harms the public by inducing false memory syndrome.

In my opinion, spreading propaganda, the hypnotic use of media to promote a political agenda, should be banned.

Even at the check out counter.

We need to direct our collective dopamine receptors toward being rewarded with “likes” for saving the planet, not destroying it!

Let’s all put country before party again, and stop the political propaganda. Stop the lying.

It is a human right to know the truth. That’s why we have Science.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I personally have never equated yellow journalism/political propaganda with mass hypnosis. I feel that your argument is unique, sound and conveyed properly so I was able to make the connection. The line that begins with "Now picture masses" takes on a new meaning with the aforementioned "fixed gaze" type explanation. It is my opinion that once society becomes "hypnotized", the "hypnotizing" power can make them do, say, think and act in whatever way they have been told or lead to believe......Very scary but right on point.... Excellent post and a different way to think outside the box.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Totally agree with most of what you wrote, hypno, but then I got to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnosiscorner View Post
In my view, propaganda is hate speech, not free speech. Facts are facts. If you’re spreading lies or omitting the truth, that’s propaganda.

In my opinion, spreading propaganda, the hypnotic use of media to promote a political agenda, should be banned.
Call it hate speech if you must, but banning ANY speech as undesireable means that somebody has to be in charge of deciding what IS and what IS NOT desireable and they are making that decision for other human beings, which they have NO RIGHT to do morally.

I'll listen to everything, including the absolute worst undesireable thing imaginable and decide for myself what is truth and what is not. The moment someone claims to have the authority to decide for others what they can and can not hear, see, read, etc., they've stepped into the realm of tyranny.

And they make the quest for truth LESS likely to succeed, not more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnosiscorner View Post
It is a human right to know the truth. That’s why we have Science.
Indeed. So let's hear everything and use the tools of science to sort out the good information from the bad information.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues