Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Did anyone see The Great Global Warming Swindle?

Got to say, that was one hell of a factual documentary explaining global warning and how people are lead to believe that it is down to humans.
Quote:
Even the co-founder of Greenpeace, Patrick Moore, is shown, claiming African countries should be encouraged to burn more CO2.
>Article on this Here<

Last edited by G10; 03-08-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: errored in title

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Last year I've read State Of Fear from Michael Crichton, who points to this problem with lots of references and proofs, it really left me astonished.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Last edited by Hades; 03-08-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I can totally see their side and how people have been sucked into this one.

Very interesting to say the least.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Dunno if you guys have noticed, but I have not taken part in the past global warming discussions on here. Reason for that is that I find the whole pro-con discussion about "global warming" is about only one aspect of men's impact on nature, which totally ignores the real reasons why we should stop polluting our planet with chemicals, and that's because it polluted us humans too, besides that many animals and insects just vanish because of our polluting.

I don't really care if global warming is caused by humans or not, I do care about fresh air, clean water, animals and plantlife, and all that is in danger because of our lifesyle. I read the other day that bees are dissapearing and that this causes that many plants that are useful for us are not being pollinated, and this is only one example.

...and ever since I read about the Dodo I wonder how that would have tasted, and I'll never know.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Polluting the planet in all the ways man does is definitely not a good thing but my thoughts were more about how man is being blinded by companies regarding this issue.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Polluting the planet in all the ways man does is definitely not a good thing but my thoughts were more about how man is being blinded by companies regarding this issue.
Yeah, I hear ya. Like with the piek-oil discussion issue, also something that is totally controlled by all kind of interests to a point that no one knows what to think about it anymore.

Btw, this kind of news doesn't make me very cheerful.

http://news.independent.co.uk/enviro...cle2338375.ece

Old 03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Village Idiot
Latest Blog:
None

global warming caused by.....

you will find thousands of sources which tell you it is not caused by humans and at least the same amount telling you it is caused by humans.

so, whom to believe????

i really do not care who is right and who is wrong - the fact is: something is happening and it gets more and more f****d up. glaciers are melting, the alps are without snow, there are draughts in UK, Spain and other countries, tornados in germany and so on and so on and so on.

so who knows, maybe the "it was the humans" party is right and therefore i try do to as much as possible. i try to save energy where humanly possible, try to drive less, use a car which needs less fuel and whatever i can think of!

because: if it was not the humans - we are doomed anyway! (well, not us directly, but our childrens children) if it was the humans - maybe we have a small chance to set the things right again!

maybe in 20 years there is proof that it was us and we did nothing against - our offspring will tell us very "UN-NICE" things!

Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Surprisingly trees only clean the air when growing. The carbon is incorporated into carbohydrate compounds and stored in plant tissue. When the trees and forests are fully grown, the Carbon Dioxide is released back into the air. Also, fallen leaves and branches give off Carbon Dioxide. That "haze" that makes the Smokey Mountains such a beautiful sight, is composed of natural compounds of which much of it is Carbon Dioxide.

Surprisingly, this much maligned "Greenhouse Gas" accounts for only 0.035 percent of our atmosphere. The real problem 'Greenhouse Gas" is actually water vapor, which accounts for about two percent of our atmosphere. However, it occurs naturally in our atmosphere, due to ocean and water evaporation, and since the global warming folks can't stop it, they ignore it and pick on the Carbon Dioxide instead. According to scientists with the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, "Water Vapor is the predominant greenhouse gas, and plays a crucial role in the global climate system".
Article here

Old 03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Well if you burn off all of the oil and gas the earth used to have converting it to gasses something very bad is going to happen. It dosent take a mad scientist to work that out!

Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I do agree cgreen, the thing is, even before man ever existed, we had Ice Ages and heat periods so obviously, this couldn't be blamed on humans.

The planet is basically a living and breathing environment which goes through cycles and man now believes that they can control the cycles by stopping CO2 emissions.

Cutting down the lungs of the planet by removing vast acres of rainforests on a daily basis doesn't really get a mention.

Testing the destructivity of nuclear warheads under the sea which could affect plates isn't really on the list.

My point is that 'Global Warming' is the new buzz phrase and companies only tell us what suits them.

The biggest greenhouse effect is actually caused by water vapour but this isn't important as there is nothing that can be done about it and there is no money in trying to solve that as the earth is mainly covered by water anyway.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

People and politicians should spend a little more time to discuss how to avoid pollution, instead of all the BS about global warming.

Global warming is not what makes people get cancers, kills animals, plants and a healthy invironment to live in. Pollution does that, at a rate that is mind blowing when you start looking into the facts.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Latest Blog:
None

What is happening is the world is slowly tilting on it's axes.
butting the south pole up a little bit more into where tropical
areas once was, this tilt is small, and might be still tilting more each
year or maybe it is not titling more, and it is going to tilt back years
from now or not. this area is unknown to man at this time.

I myself have been noticeing this when areas a florida that once really
never got snow now gets it more offten, meaning that the cold areas
of north america in the winter runs from the north down to a little ways
into texas, but is now more offten going down farther.

It is most likely a cycle, or something close to like the BIG ice age and
the small ice age.

Lets, just say that the south pole is getting more sun then normal. or
the south pole is finally getting more sun like it use to many years ago.

Zcoder....

Old 03-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Global warming is not what makes people get cancers, kills animals, plants and a healthy invironment to live in. Pollution does that, at a rate that is mind blowing when you start looking into the facts.
I agree 100% with you on this point Ferre, weather or not we are to blame for global warming, pesticides, herbicides, and countless other chemicals are finding their way into our bodies through the food we eat and the air we breath. It is definitely not rational to let it continue.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Im not buying it, there is inconclusive results on both sides.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:17 AM

The effects of global warming is clearly evident around us and with the environment.

If we do not join hands and do our acts together in saving mother earth, maybe in 10 years time, we will all be fried like potato chips under the mighty sun.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The programme claims efforts to reduce CO2 are killing Africans, who have to burn fires inside their home, causing cancer and lung damage, because their Governments are being encouraged to use wind and solar panels that are not capable of supplying the continent with electricity, instead of coal and oil-burning power stations that could.
Hunh? What the hell kind of reasoning is that?!? It's that kind of journalism that screams, "B***s*** alert!"

Out of curiosity ... which are these "companies" being mentioned that would benefit from identifying humans as a cause of un-natural acceleration of the natural cycle of warming and cooling? Who benefits from arguing that humans are damaging their ecosystem by continuing to use/abuse crude technologies such as coal-fired power plants?

It's easy to see who benefits from denying these claims ... the power plant operators, for one ... but who benefits from making the other side of the argument? Solar panel manufacturers? Air filter salesmen? Who?

I definitely agree with Ferre, and would add that if all of this discussion brings any focus to our species' proclivity for poisoning ourselves and the Earth that sustains us, then it's a good thing.

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritche View Post
The effects of global warming is clearly evident around us and with the environment.

If we do not join hands and do our acts together in saving mother earth, maybe in 10 years time, we will all be fried like potato chips under the mighty sun.
Are people really this easily frightened by bs? It's all scare tactics to put money in someones hands adn keep third world counties down and positioned to supply the rest of the world with cheap labor.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritche View Post

You don't think that maybe humans are trying to act above their station on this?

I mean, hasn't the earth always been changing even before man was here?

Ferre said it correctly when he mentioned about polluting the planet and this is killing us, we are concentrating on the wrong thing.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Individualist

http://www.injustice-files.com/great...rming-swindle/

Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Thank you for posting that baby John

I hope people watch it and see for themselves.

I have noticed that in businesses in the UK, a new tax has appeared over the last few years on their electric bills. What's it called?

Climate Change Levy tax - You can almost smell the extra money pouring into the governments pockets.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues