Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

anything in excess is bad but some things in small doses are worse..like marijuana. personally i keep away from this stuff.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Super Trooper
Latest Blog:
None

3 bong sessions a day keeps the insanity far, far away

Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I haven't smoked in a while...like years, but it wouldn't bother me one way or the other.
It's readily available now.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

What is marijuana ?

No, I never think about it...

Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think marijuana should be legal. I think it shouldn't be illegal.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

Ferre is my hero, Im gonna rep that guy for fighting the good fight!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There is nothing wrong with Weed AT ALL!

Youll never find an abusive husband that is a pot head. You will never find a Pot head getting in his/her car and killing people.

The worst thing weed will do is slow you down a little bit and relax you.

Many can FOCUS alot better while high on weed.

Many have medical reason for smoking weed.

Alcohol SHOULD be ILLEGAL it promotes agressive behavior (Bar Fights, abusive relationship etc)

Weed SHOULD be LEGAL! Do you really think youll find a bunch of people fighting at a bar if everyone was high on weed as opposed to being messed right up on alcohol?

Weed should definitely be legal! The amount of pulp / paper products that can be made from weed is well over what can be made from clear cutting the forests that have taken soooooo long to grow around the word.

You can get at least 4 times the amount of paper product out of a weed plant thorughout a year than you can from cutting down trees and you dont have to wait 20 years for the plant to grow back as you do with the poor trees that are being cut down each and every day!

Tell me one good thing that alcohol brings to the world? Can you think of any good uses for alcohol?

just think of the amount of money that could be brought in on a yearly basis if the govnt would legalize weed and tax it!!! Canada / USA would have NO MORE deficit!

That's just my 2 cents

Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM
v7n Mentor

I drink and I smoke weed, and I agree. I have never done anything stupid I regretted lateron because of weed.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z View Post
Tell me one good thing that alcohol brings to the world? Can you think of any good uses for alcohol?
Yes, I can.
- antiseptic
- medical drugs
- perfumes
- solvents
- computer screen wipes

Old 03-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella View Post
Yes, I can.
- antiseptic
- medical drugs
- perfumes
- solvents
- computer screen wipes
I knew that was coming. More so I meant the type of alcohol one would consume...

Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
I drink and I smoke weed, and I agree. I have never done anything stupid I regretted lateron because of weed.
I hear ya man I hear ya

Old 03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I knew that was coming. More so I meant the type of alcohol one would consume...
medical drugs are consumed, aren't they?

Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Learn from history, don't repeat it

No society in recorded history has managed to keep the population from pursuing the drugs of their choice.

Why would this time and place be any different?

Legalize it all and make it easy to get for informed adults. Severely criminalize the penalities for distribution to minors. And I do mean severe!

The cost to society is less than the charades we play now. Take the money out it and the put the mob out of business.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Legalizing it would more than likely bring down the profits. bringing down the profits would take out the "pusher" factor. Getting rid of the "pushers" would bring down some of the problems associated with marijuana use.

There are many factors to consider but from what I know my opinion is to legalize it and adjust punishments to the ones who abuse it and the harm it causes. Far too many people gain from it in a positive way to punish them for the few tools who ruin it for everyone.

for the record: I dont use marijuana, hash or the like. Not really my thing.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

I used to smoke everyday, now I dont smoke at all I just go online all day and drink water. My main problem is the price, its just too expensive being illegal, if it was legal I could grow it in my garden.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Youll never find an abusive husband that is a pot head. You will never find a Pot head getting in his/her car and killing people.
That's couldn't be further from the truth. I drink excessively at times, and I've never in my life hit a woman, even if I felt she might deserve it.

I've known a lot of dope smokers in my life, a lot.....And I've known quite a few that beat their wives, and a few that beat their husbands. Dope doesn't change who you are, if who you are is an abuser. Neither does alcohol.

Quote:
Alcohol SHOULD be ILLEGAL it promotes agressive behavior (Bar Fights, abusive relationship etc)
Are you trying to get me pissed...Just kidding!!!

Quote:
It's a great alternative fuel source, it's renewable, and it's cheap. And that's the exact same kind of alcohol that you drink, only without the water. Although, here in the US, it's required that alcohol used as a fuel be denatured(adding fossil fuels).

With all of that being said......I think it should be legalized, I don't understand why it's not. It's far less dangerous than nicotine, alcohol, caffein, and smog.....

Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM

hey i am 100% for it being illegal it is dangerous to our country and it makes us look low in my opinion

Old 03-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Super Trooper
Latest Blog:
None

the commercials told me it was bad so now that must be the truth.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpenjuhosaphat View Post
That's couldn't be further from the truth. I drink excessively at times, and I've never in my life hit a woman, even if I felt she might deserve it.

I've known a lot of dope smokers in my life, a lot.....And I've known quite a few that beat their wives, and a few that beat their husbands. Dope doesn't change who you are, if who you are is an abuser. Neither does alcohol.

Are you trying to get me pissed...Just kidding!!!

It's a great alternative fuel source, it's renewable, and it's cheap. And that's the exact same kind of alcohol that you drink, only without the water. Although, here in the US, it's required that alcohol used as a fuel be denatured(adding fossil fuels).

With all of that being said......I think it should be legalized, I don't understand why it's not. It's far less dangerous than nicotine, alcohol, caffein, and smog.....
This post cracked me up.

I completely agree with you wholeheartedly. To say you won't find a man that smokes pot who beats his wife is silly.

I also think marijuana does impair your reflexes - but do agree with daniel that there would be far less "angry" people in general.

I say either make it legal or illegal - as of now, you can buy all the paraphernalia but not the drug. That is idiotic IMO.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnGalbraith View Post
Cannabis is okay so long as you
3) Keep healthy by smoking it without tobacco.
Mixing it with tobaco to "keep it healthy"? In case you didn't know tobaco has 100's (mid XXX even ) more nocive substances than weed. lol..

I think that the biggest current risk of marijuana use is that it is not processed and could cause micotic infections of the upper respiratory track.. The second are the possible memory loss and other long term not-well-documented effects.

Tobacco has over 400 known nocive substances the biggest being nicotene (major NO inhibitor).. largest risk being cardiovascular disease and lung cancer. Marijuana doesn't have these assoc risks.

For the record I don't smoke it, but I can't see the point in making it "illegal".

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues