Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 05-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

Marijuana is illegal in most countries. Yet hemp can be put to good use (ask the body shop!). I am not allowed to grow a marijuana plant.
Cigarettes are legal and they are known and proved to be cancerogeous even to people inhaling second hand smoke.
Things sometimes don't make sense. I am all for decriminalizing marijuana. I am also all for criminalising cigarette smoking where there are non smokers.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 PM

Ok This is to zcode I just joined just so I could respond to his idiotic responce! Alchohal is legal and probably a thousand times worse for your health yet it is legal and people go out and drink and drive and there is laws against that so they could just make a law against smoking and driving. Granted getting stoned and going for a drive is tons of fun and Ive never been in an accident while high. But I can see tons of idiots bringing up that issue when they go to make it legal

Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 AM

I think marijuana should be legal but the goverment should controls selling.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 PM

I think it should be legal to posses marijuana no matter how much pounds and pounds of it but you should have to get a license or something that allows you to sell so you can grow your on and have your own you just couldnt sell it without a license to sell.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 PM

God I am so stoned right not license to sell just sounds like some funny stoner term

Old 06-26-2007, 02:15 AM
v7n Mentor

As someone said before, if booze and cigarettes are legal, I can't understand why marijuana is illegal.

And yes, sure I've smoked it. I've met a grandma in a remote village with a population of 200 people who smokes it. Hell, I even rolled one for her.

Legalise it. It's much less harmful than alcohol.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:09 AM
v7n Mentor

Legal and tax it very high.

I have never smoked or ate it before, but why criminalize it if someone wants to use it, this way we can pay for paving the side roads

Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 AM

Never smoked weed in my life ... believe it should be legal all the way.

I do not believe its the governments place nor responsibility to place restrictions on things that only affect the person doing it.

I only skimmed this topic so excuse any redundancy ... but there is an interesting 'explaination' regarding the legal status of marajuana that suggests it was outlawed due to its competative stance with the cotton industry ... ? Might make for some interested reading if anyones into the topic. In fact I have a pot head friend who can probably provide a link. Will hit him up and post if I find it.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Individualist

Quote:
I do not believe its the governments place nor responsibility to place restrictions on things that only affect the person doing it.
Do you suppose that crack should be legal as well?

Old 07-05-2007, 02:34 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Do you suppose that crack should be legal as well?
Yes, to get it OFF the streets.

Let me explain...

It's all about availability and control. At present times crack is available everywhere and controlled by organised crime

When it would be made legal, the government can take control and distribution out of the hands of organised crime and off the streets by regulating laws, like with all other dangerous drugs..

I think we-the-people can do a hell of a better job in controling crack and keeping it off the streets than those criminals who control it at present times.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Never smoked weed in my life ... believe it should be legal all the way.

I only skimmed this topic so excuse any redundancy ... but there is an interesting 'explaination' regarding the legal status of marajuana that suggests it was outlawed due to its competative stance with the cotton industry ... ? Might make for some interested reading if anyones into the topic. In fact I have a pot head friend who can probably provide a link. Will hit him up and post if I find it.
We spend too much time fighting against weed, maybe we should take those resources and fight real crime.

Cheers

Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

For once (take note) I agree with you.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Super Trooper

Boston police seem to get the general idea. Hemp Fest every year at the Boston Common, thousands of men and women out smoking in public right in front of the police. The only thing the police care about is who is selling, and at hemp fest no one sells, everything is brought from home. Same thing applies to every other day, if it's for your personal use they really couldn't give a damn (i'm talking in general here, obviously some cops do care because big brother says so). Some will even toke it up with you if you know them well enough.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 AM
No Longer Active

A letter to GOP Sen. Norm Coleman from a former college friend asking why he supports brutal drug laws when he was an avid pot smoker as a young man...

http://www.alternet.org/story/55830/

It shows the hypocracy and idiocy of those laws and those who support them.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Marijuana is dangerous they say it in all the propaganda over and over but they never tell you why it's dangerous and to whom it's dangerous. Hmmm...

Old 07-06-2007, 05:41 PM

I think that there are many herbs that have eventually been legalized for medicinal purposes. I see the health benefits. However, I have seen some pathetic people who claim it doesn't effect them, yet their behavior has been far from forgiving. So, unless you are sick, I say no.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Super Trooper

I say the same to the internet. Unless you are sick, no internet usage.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek View Post
For once (take note) I agree with you.
Note Taken, I have added this link to my favorites.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Super Trooper

OOooh the intelligence of people during the time it was made illegal...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	killerdrug.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	5752  

Old 07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
No Longer Active

I just published an article which is written and send to me recently by Dr. Robert Melamede who conducts research, amongst many other things, on cannabinoids since many years, and this article is about the biology of democracy, it's an interesting read.

BLPs, FLPs, and the Biology of Democracy

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues