Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 05-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

Giuliani on Abortion

I'd like to love the guy. But I don't feel that he makes a stand one way or another on a very important issue. I agree with him, that it's a "courts" issue, and that each state should make the decision. I think that's a fantastic and democratic thing to say. However:

Quote:
Pressed further on his views, Giuliani said he hated abortion and supported the Hyde Amendment which bars federal funding of abortion under the Medicaid program.
is followed up with:

Quote:
Later Giuliani went so far as to use the language of the abortion rights movement: “Ultimately, since it is an issue of conscience, I would respect a woman’s right to make a different choice… You have to respect a woman’s right to make that choice differently than my conscience.”
I'm sorry but that's just a copout. I think he's trying to appeal to both groups rather than to take a stand for what he actually believes.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Contributing Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18486103/

Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM
xo mudslide

I feel ya Dusty, but I'm to the point where I'm not going to vote for or against someone based on the Abortion issue. Abortion is not going to stop and the country is in very rough shape. Something has to change and if that means someone who wavers on their stance for abortion - so be it. He is a politician...

Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

I think it's a sign of character though. Even the liberals (that I know) tend to have more respect for the politicians who stand their ground on their beliefs, no matter how much they disagree.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues