Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

View Poll Results: Should American, British and support Forces still stay in IRAQ
Yes 9 29.03%
No 13 41.94%
Hell Yes 2 6.45%
Hell No 4 12.90%
I am numb to the subject 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtrance View Post
An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.. A sord for a sord makes for sordid reading..

I apologize master..I bow down before thee. I understood that you are prive-lidged... Before you nuke, let me puke...

*scared rabbit shoots off into the thickets before the last bullet is fired*

Correction
The last bullet was not fired because there was no one left in Iraq
What are you some kind of poet, Its ok for iraq to play with bombs, and cut off peoples heads, and molest children.... Dude if you believe that than you must be on crack cocain. Your funny you must be an iraq citizen whos religion is going to bring them down.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 PM

Rankland,

An iraqi citizen killed is a human dead. An american solider killed is another human dead. There is nothing humane about it....

I abhor violence of all kind. I believe wars serve no purpose. Every single human life is sacred. There is too much bloodshed in this world. Humanity is hung on the cross of convenience. Politicians play poker with self serving policies that breed hatred. Utopia on earth is not mankind becoming one in thought and deed. It lies in understanding differences, accepting cultures, living and letting live and celebrating the gift of life..

Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Cool

Quote:
Rankland,

An iraqi citizen killed is a human dead. An american solider killed is another human dead. There is nothing humane about it....

I abhor violence of all kind. I believe wars serve no purpose. Every single human life is sacred. There is too much bloodshed in this world. Humanity is hung on the cross of convenience. Politicians play poker with self serving policies that breed hatred. Utopia on earth is not mankind becoming one in thought and deed. It lies in understanding differences, accepting cultures, living and letting live and celebrating the gift of life..
Im a realist that says without war we would have no world its a shame it has to be this way, but it is, and there is nothing we can do about it. I would love it if your dream came true, but we start with life, and end with death this has nothing to do with politics. I feel for iraq that we had a strong republican in office, and not a democrat, because theres a good chance we would not have went to iraq, and this war wouldn't have happend. Life will go on, and we will be out of iraq soon, but we had alot of people die in my country too.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Rankland,

If you are honestly against violence, then you are for the US presence in Iraq. Either that or you are too ****ing stupid and do not realize that most violence in Iraq is Iraqi-on-Iraqi, Shia vs Sunni and Sunni vs Shia, and if we did leave there would be mass violence and civil war.

So which is it?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
If you are honestly against violence, then you are for the US presence in Iraq. Either that or you are too ****ing stupid and do not realize that most violence in Iraq is Iraqi-on-Iraqi, Shia vs Sunni and Sunni vs Shia, and if we did leave there would be mass violence and civil war.
So which is it?
I disagree.. Opinions differ. Differing opinions does'nt take away the fact that millions have died and there is no justification for loss of life as collateral damage as there is no justification for the Shia vs Sunni intercine deaths. Violence and wars though a reality of life can never be a long term solution....

Last edited by cloudtrance; 07-10-2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Typo

Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Individualist

Quote:
I disagree.
You disagree with what? That if we left there would be mass violence?

Make a point. What is it you disagree with?

Quote:
the fact that millions have died.
Millions died where?

Quote:
Violence and wars though a reality of life can never be a long term solution....
World War II provided a very long term solution to Japan's aggression and Germany's too. Please do not just spout crap here. Try to base your posts on facts and truth.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
If you are honestly against violence, then you are for the US presence in Iraq.
I disagree with the above statement

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Individualist

Quote:
I disagree with the above statement
So you think that if the Americans leave there will not be a bloodbath?

Iraq warns of civil war if US withdraws

Are you entirely uneducated? I'm curious how you could be for American withdraw. Do you not watch the news? Do you not know that most violence in Iraq is perpetrated by Iraqis against other Iraqis, and the one thing that is preventing a wholesale bloodbath is the US presence?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

God, im innocent on this one. :p

Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
So you think that if the Americans leave there will not be a bloodbath?
How to prevent a bloodbath?

# By not starting one....
# By believing in diplomacy and peace talks..
# By shunning force and military might

Your contention that US presence will prevent a bloodbath is contrary to whats happening right now in Iraq. Violence continues unabated. It has also given more leeway for the bigoted mullahs and the detested jihadis to cause havoc. Whatever you say to justify the iraqi invasion, the crux of the issue is that no country will want an occupying force on its land. History, Geography, science, national interests, real dreams, hallucinated reasons, alien landings, SOS from God to Bush to take action - all of these and more cannot justify the use of force to subjugate or pilifer another countries resources and callously categorize loss of lives as collateral damage.

The US has no grounds to justify its invasion of Iraq in the first place. They invaded Iraq like a rabid dog. They might scoot off in the long run with the tail between its legs like in Vietnam. The oil contracts are in the bag already. Or stay longer and let things burn more in the fond hope of a flourishing democracy (alibi). Who knows...

Its my view that an American withdrawal (phased with definite timeframes) will lead to an improved climate of peace, lessen the influence of the jihadis and give scope for the UN and the OPEC countries to involve more in the rebuilding process.

Dont underestimate the Iraqis. They are a resilient lot and they are good enough to chart their own future..especially with Sa-damn out of the way.

My vote for the US to stay out of another nation's soil sticks..Its my view and I stay put..

Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Individualist

LOL!!!!!! You are soo funny. It's amazing. You think the US is being violent? LOL! It's the Shia and Sunni Muslims fighting themselves.

Quote:
How to prevent a bloodbath?

# By not starting one....
# By believing in diplomacy and peace talks..
# By shunning force and military might
That work with Hilter? Did diplomacy save Poland? We tried the pacifist route. The US stood by and watched as millions of Jews were killed, at the urging of people like you, who said that shunning force and military might was the right way to go. Yeah, idiots said that BS back then, and it delayed the US entry into the war, and millions of lives were lost while the US delayed.

Quote:
Your contention that US presence will prevent a bloodbath is contrary to whats happening right now in Iraq. Violence continues unabated.

Define:unabated

The US is preventing and stop a lot of violence. Can you not read English? NOT A SINGLE EXPERT - EVEN THE ANTI-WAR ONES - DENIES THAT THERE WOULD BE A BLOODBATH IN IRAQ IF WE WITHDREW.

Right now, on a good day, 50 or 100 die. IF we left, that would be thousands.

Check your facts, get educated, then post. Ok?

Quote:
The US has no grounds to justify its invasion of Iraq in the first place.
Grounds? We have plenty of grounds. Installing democracy is a fine.

Quote:
Its my view that an American withdrawal (phased with definite timeframes)

Phased now? You ****ing pussy you just contradicted yourself. What ****ing good are you if you can't even stick to one point of view and argue it? Now you want the US to stay until "phases"?

Waste of my time.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
That work with Hilter? Did diplomacy save Poland? We tried the pacifist route. The US stood by and watched as millions of Jews were killed, at the urging of people like you, who said that shunning force and military might was the right way to go. Yeah, idiots said that BS back then, and it delayed the US entry into the war, and millions of lives were lost while the US delayed.
You never tried the pacifist route in this case of Iraq. It does'nt matter. You would'nt agree anyways..

Quote:
Right now, on a good day, 50 or 100 die. IF we left, that would be thousands.
Time will tell..Definitely violence will stop once foreign occupation is over.

Quote:
Grounds? We have plenty of grounds. Installing democracy is a fine.
Once China and India become superpowers in the next 20 years, all this arrogance will arrest itself.

Quote:
Phased now? You ****ing pussy you just contradicted yourself. What ****ing good are you if you can't even stick to one point of view and argue it? Now you want the US to stay until "phases"?
I did'nt contradict myself. I said 'American withdrawal (phased with definite timeframes)'. Definite timeframes gauarantees that withdrawal will happen for sure.

Apologies if i wasted your time.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Individualist

Quote:
You never tried the pacifist route in this case of Iraq.
We tried the pacifist route for years - even after they gassed Kurds, invaded Kuwait, etc - we did not go in and remove Saddam.

Quote:
Definitely violence will stop once foreign occupation is over.
Are you crazy? Do you not read the news? The Sunni's don't care about the Americans as much as they care about the Shia. And the Shia do not care about the Americans as much as they care about the Sunni. How can you seriously be so uneducated? The Americans are not the priority right now - see who they are bombing. Every damn day, the Sunni kill the Shia and Shia kill the Sunni. Americans are no longer the primary target.

Quote:
Once China and India become superpowers in the next 20 years, all this arrogance will arrest itself.
China, maybe, but not India. India is for the most part still a third world country, although they are officially "Second World".

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues