Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Why base something on percentage? When you buy a car is the price based on percentage of your income? Or how about a latte at Starbucks? Does Bill Gates pay $70,000 for a latte? Should he? Or is that just insane?

Ok, no insane, but a very obvious way of the poor to take money from the wealthy.
No ... but tax based on a percentage of the purchase price is realistic. In fact its been like that for a while now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Why would you think I'm upset? When I get upset people get banned. Who got banned?
The condescending response was an indicator. I also thought I saw something about humanity (for lack of the better word), respect, etc on an about page. Must have been another site. Not a problem either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
our statements indicate that you aren't rational. Especially the "fair share" one.
Nothing wrong with proportion ... pretty sure thats how its supposed to work to being with. The rub is the loopholes. I had a business partner that a few years ago made $700k and paid under $10k in taxes via corporate structure and bad a$$ accountants. Pretty sure hes not the only one who figured that trick out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Most people on welfare are not desperate. Just lazy.
Doesn't change the consequences of not having it.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 07:08 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Doesn't change the consequences of not having it.
You think that happily lazy and unemployed people are desperate?

Quote:
No ... but tax based on a percentage of the purchase price is realistic. In fact its been like that for a while now.
It's been realistic for a while now? What made it realistic? When was it not realistic? And you seem to confused "in use" with "logically tenable". Just because a policy is in use doesn't mean it is logical or fair or just.

Quote:
The condescending response was an indicator. I also thought I saw something about humanity (for lack of the better word), respect, etc on an about page. Must have been another site. Not a problem either way.
Yeah, that about page doesn't apply to the politics forum.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
You think that happily lazy and unemployed people are desperate?
No but starving people have a tendancy to get that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
It's been realistic for a while now? What made it realistic? When was it not realistic? And you seem to confused "in use" with "logically tenable". Just because a policy is in use doesn't mean it is logical or fair or just.
I was asking you ... because the Gates analyogy was so far out in left field as it pertained to this argument I didn't know where else to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Yeah, that about page doesn't apply to the politics forum.
Its too bad you dont think anyone can disagree with you without deserving to be treated like ****. But noted anyways ...
 
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
No but starving people have a tendancy to get that way.
LOL! We talking about the US or Africa?

Quote:
I was asking you ... because the Gates analyogy was so far out in left field as it pertained to this argument I didn't know where else to start.
How is it left field? Because it makes your argument clearly ridiculous? If you believe that prices should be based on the wealth of the buyer, then why exempt Bill Gates? Logical reason or just more "left field" gibberish?
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
LOL! We talking about the US or Africa?
Take your pick. In fact if you are willing to stroll a vegas bum camp with a rolex, a bag of KFC, and a sign around your neck that says "you people are just lazy" ... I will buy you the plane ticket. I just need you to sign a release and agree to let me film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
How is it left field? Because it makes your argument clearly ridiculous? If you believe that prices should be based on the wealth of the buyer, then why exempt Bill Gates? Logical reason or just more "left field" gibberish?
No because it made yours look rediculous. You inadvertantly criticized the system you support with a gross misinterpritation of how it works.

Meanwhile nothing I said supports your accusation. I am being critical of the perversions within the system. My first post made that pretty clear.
 
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Take your pick.
You are a lot more ignorant than I had imagined. There are no people starving in Las Vegas, or anywhere else in the US.

Quote:
I will buy you the plane ticket.
A plane ticket? Is that supposed to be worth my time?

Quote:
You inadvertantly criticized the system you support
Where and how? Instead of making wild statements, why not post rational ones supported by quotes? If you think I "inadvertantly" (sic) criticized the system I support, them quote it and make it intelligent, or don't post at all. Ok?
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
You are a lot more ignorant than I had imagined. There are no people starving in Las Vegas, or anywhere else in the US.
Where is the smilie with the eye's popping out of its head ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
A plane ticket? Is that supposed to be worth my time?.
Agree to the above and its worth mine ... I'd offer to get your room as well but I think the hospital will have that covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Where and how? Instead of making wild statements, why not post rational ones supported by quotes? If you think I "inadvertantly" (sic) criticized the system I support, them quote it and make it intelligent, or don't post at all. Ok?
I dont know how I could have made my first post any more clear. If you need to twist peoples words to make your point its not worth elaborating.

Meanwhile I am sorry you have such a problem with notion that not everyone see's things your way. Maybe this whole internet / public forum thing isn't your cup of tea.
 
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Maybe this whole internet / public forum thing isn't your cup of tea.
LOL. If you think you can do better, go for it.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
LOL. If you think you can do better, go for it.
since you wanted quotes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
It was as if a group of people, not wanting to know each other, nor caring one iota about each other, sat on the forum and replied to posts made for no other reason than to show one another up.
 
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
since you wanted quotes ...
I sometimes wonder if a certain part of the population lacks the ability to think rationally. Here's a quote.

Quote:
I don't have any doubt that Barry Bonds is one of the five or six greatest baseball players who ever lived, I'm not yet convinced that he's the greatest. Honus Wagner was the Alex Rodriguez of the National League, except he was better, longer. Babe Ruth was one of the game's best pitchers for a few years, and the best hitter for more than a decade.
Was that fun? Posting a quote without making a statement. Is that fun? Let's try it again.

Quote:
It's not the winter that bothers me - it's the summers.
Yeah, I don't see the fun in that. Why would a supposedly rational human being randomly quote without making a statement or point?
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Where is the smilie with the eye's popping out of its head ... ?
Is that supposed to be a rational argument? Or even a meaningful statement?

Somebody states that there are no people starving in the US, and you say "Where is the smilie with the eye's popping out of its head"? That's the entirety of your argument? An argument that doesn't even contain a statement.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
I sometimes wonder if a certain part of the population lacks the ability to think rationally. Here's a quote.

Was that fun? Posting a quote without making a statement. Is that fun? Let's try it again.

Yeah, I don't see the fun in that. Why would a supposedly rational human being randomly quote without making a statement or point?
Maybe ... just maybe ... the problem isn't always everyone else. I think some call it a common denominator. Maybe .. and I am going out on a limb with this ... you have a problem with assigning any value to alternative opinions.

Anyways when a discussion turns into defending an ego its time to check out. Unless you want to get back to sticking up for your boy Scooter ...
 
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Maybe .. and I am going out on a limb with this ... you have a problem with assigning any value to alternative opinions.
Again, you're pulling this out of your ass. I often defend "alternative opinions", but I do have a problem with nonsense, innuendo based campaigning posing as intelligent discussion, and the ad hominem circumstantiae that is the entire basis of most 9/11 conspiracy theories.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Lou Lou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-04-07
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Again, you're pulling this out of your ass. I often defend "alternative opinions", but I do have a problem with nonsense, innuendo based campaigning posing as intelligent discussion, and the ad hominem circumstantiae that is the entire basis of most 9/11 conspiracy theories.
Then put a little substance in your rebuttal and shut it down instead of just telling people how stupid, ridiculous, uneducated, etc, etc they are for thinking differently than you.

You are all over everyone for not supporting their argument(s) but you don’t appear take your own advise …
 
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Then put a little substance in your rebuttal
What rebuttal? You think I should write a rebuttal to the nonsense 9/11 claims? That's been done dozens of times. After years of conspiracy theory crap on the Internet, it still hasn't gained any traction.
Quote:
September 11, 2001 attacks (often referred to as 9/11—pronounced "nine eleven") consisted of a series of coordinated terrorist[2] suicide attacks by Islamic extremists on that date upon the United States of America.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks

Quote:
You are all over everyone for not supporting their argument(s) but you don’t appear take your own advise …
When I offer an argument I support it. And yes, I will be all over you in the same way. But then you already lost your posting privileges.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM
StupidScript's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-22-06
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Rich people use less government services and pay many times more than their share.
Quote:
Most people on welfare are not desperate. Just lazy.
Quote:
There are no people starving in Las Vegas, or anywhere else in the US.
I'd love to read links that verify any of the above statements, if you've got them to support your contentions, John ... If you can come up with actual data/research, and not just opinion pieces, that would be even better. Frankly, it's about time we all got the proof for statements like that so the rest of these conversations can go on.
__________________
James Butler

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?
 
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM
John Scott's Avatar
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidScript View Post
I'd love to read links that verify any of the above statements, if you've got them to support your contentions, John ... If you can come up with actual data/research, and not just opinion pieces, that would be even better. Frankly, it's about time we all got the proof for statements like that so the rest of these conversations can go on.
You serious? You think there are starving people in the US? Answer that question and I'll give you more answers. And no flaky statements here, ok? Be a ****ing man, and if you actually think there are starving people in the US, then say so and take the subsequent mockery like a man. I am not going to spent time proving that there are no starving people in the US when nobody actually believes there to be starving people in the US in the first place.
__________________
Japan Car Auction
 
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Ferre's Avatar
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I did a g-search out of curiousity and the only starving people I found in the USA were a couple stories about sex-starved marriages.

Hehhe.
 
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007, 07:24 AM
KeithCash's Avatar
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-14-06
Location: Montevallo Alabama
Posts: 1,333
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
I did a g-search out of curiousity and the only starving people I found in the USA were a couple stories about sex-starved marriages.

Hehhe.
Very funny. Did it say who was starving who.

Cheers
__________________
May every cup overflow with blessings rich and eternal

Find me : Facebook/KeithCash Twitter/KeithCash
Digital Marketing - Sell Textbooks for Cash
 
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
StupidScript's Avatar
Senior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 09-22-06
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
You serious? You think there are starving people in the US? Answer that question and I'll give you more answers. And no flaky statements here, ok? Be a ****ing man, and if you actually think there are starving people in the US, then say so and take the subsequent mockery like a man. I am not going to spent time proving that there are no starving people in the US when nobody actually believes there to be starving people in the US in the first place.
I'm sorry ... I actually thought you had some data to back up those statements. Didn't mean to offend ... I am genuinely interested to discover the source of claims like you made, having personally witnessed starving people in both uber-urban Los Angeles and rural New Hampshire. Let the mockery begin!

Heck, my own family received food stamps many decades ago while my Mom worked as a full-time Teacher and my Dad worked full-time and had a part-time job and which we supplemented by making sandwich-and-chip packages to sell to the local college dorm students at night. I have very fond memories of the Government Cheese our family largely subsisted on as we worked to turn our fortunes around, which we eventually did.

The claims you made appear fairly frequently, but I've never heard of any research to back them up, so I was curious to finally get the chance to view the data they must certainly be based on. I am very interested to see anything that confirms the lazy vs. desperate welfare recipient argument, and how frequently "rich" people use government services (I assume you do not include things like roads, electricity, water, parks, etc.) and how what they pay for those services compares (both in volume and percentage) with what a "normal" (i.e. non-"rich") tax payer shells out for the same.

So, yes, I was seriously interested in where those statements come from: data or your supposition that "nobody believes" there are starving people in America. To have evidence for your claims properly presented would certainly put the issues to rest without relying on potential misinformation and general myopia. Not that you are intentionally perpetuating those things ... because I assume you are basing your statements on hard data.

Sorry, again. Won't bother you with this, anymore ... can we get back to Scooter, now?
__________________
James Butler

Where would we be without rhetorical questions?
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Libby convicted. Will Bush pardon him? Ferre Controversial Social Issues 5 03-15-2007 08:50 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.