Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Individualist

Cleric in radical Pakistan mosque killed

Quote:
A radical cleric whose besieged mosque sought to impose strict Islamic morality on the Pakistani capital was killed Tuesday after refusing to respond to troops who demanded his surrender, officials said.

Ghazi and his brother Abdul Aziz, the mosque's chief cleric, had been using the mosque as a base to send out radicalized students to enforce their version of Islamic morality, including abducting alleged prostitutes and trying to "re-educate" them at the mosque.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/...radical_mosque

Quote:
They sent armed seminary students on vigilante anti-vice missions, during which they sometimes kidnapped police officers and alleged prostitutes. They also raided music shops and cinemas.
http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle...c1b41e309.html

Got to love Islam for enforcing morality with violence.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

No different than enforcing policies with violence.

When 'we' do it it's all cool, but when our example is followed by those with a different view and who use a different, more barbaric method of enforcing it suddenly is an issue.

I personally fail to see much difference between the extremist fundamentalistic terrorists on one side, which kidnaps people into places like abu graib and gitmo bay, or the other extremist terrorists at the other side, who kidnap people into mosques.

For me all parties involved in this religious/political conflict are insane fundamentalist psychopaths. And I really mean ALL parties.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
They also raided music shops
I guess the new Take That album must have just arrived then

Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Individualist

Quote:
No different from? Isn't that exactly what we are talking about? Enforcing policies with violence?

Quote:
When 'we' do it it's all cool
You do that? You try to force your own morality on others with violence?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
I guess the new Take That album must have just arrived then
Music is evil, yeah.

I remember one of the first things I heard about Islam, back in the 1980's or early 1990's. It was a Iraqi or Iranian guy on a West Coast university campus. He went on a shooting spree killing girls in skirts because Islam didn't allow girls to wear short skirts. Odd, I thought, but they do it in other countries as well, at the direction of their leaders.

Perverse.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
It was a Iraqi or Iranian guy on a West Coast university campus. He went on a shooting spree killing girls in skirts because Islam didn't allow girls to wear short skirts. Odd, I thought, but they do it in other countries as well, at the direction of their leaders.

Perverse.
John, I do agree that it seems like a lot of them like to interpret their laws in the most violent way possible dude.

Really not my cup of tea at all.

Hell, they make us look normal!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:09 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
No different from? Isn't that exactly what we are talking about? Enforcing policies with violence?
Yep, like jailing 700.000 people every year for smoking a joint. Or jailing old ladies, after pushing them in the face with handcuffs, because of her lawn being a tad brownish.

Or invading other countries and carpetbombing their entire infrastrcuture to pieces only because one doesn't like the dictaor they placed there anymore.

..and I could go on for a while.

Quote:
You do that? You try to force your own morality on others with violence?
John, I think you should stay off the stuff, whatever it is, you're taking, it makes you see and understand things that are not there. I enjoy an intelligent debate but please refrein from this kind of rather childish remarks. It makes you look kinda, eh, dumbish.

When people use quotation marks, as in 'we' they usually refer to a general 'we', as in 'we', the people. I didn't expect to have to explain you how most books are written in the english language and what the meaning of all those punctuations are that writers have available to them.

I'll try to use less words in the future, to keep it easy on you, I noticed that when I feed you too much text at once you start to misinterpretate half of it..

Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Individualist

Quote:
When people use quotation marks, as in 'we' they usually refer to a general 'we', as in 'we', the people. I didn't expect to have to explain you how most books are written in the english language and what the meaning of all those punctuations are that writers have available to them.
Likewise, when I say "you" I mean "you" the people you represent.

Now answer the question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott
You try to force your own morality on others with violence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
like jailing 700.000 people every year blah blah blah
Yes, those are acts of a democratically elected government, with checks and balances in place. You readily compare that to the acts of an extremist group that teaches children to kill those who do not follow their beliefs, which murders children for perceived acts of homosexuality, and orders rape of young girls for perceived flirting. <sarcasm>Yes, Ferre, you are making so much sense. The acts of an extremist terrorist group are sooooo similar to the acts of law enforcement in the US. </sarcasm>

What was that thing that I saw being flushed down the crapper? Your credibility?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post

When 'we' do it it's all cool, but when our example is followed by those with a different view and who use a different, more barbaric method of enforcing it suddenly is an issue.

I personally fail to see much difference between the extremist fundamentalistic terrorists on one side, which kidnaps people into places like abu graib and gitmo bay, or the other extremist terrorists at the other side, who kidnap people into mosques.

For me all parties involved in this religious/political conflict are insane fundamentalist psychopaths. And I really mean ALL parties.
Are you referring to Club Gitmo the country club??

Find me : Facebook/KeithCash Twitter/KeithCash
Digital Marketing - Sell Textbooks for Cash

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

He used to be a loyalist to the current dictator Musharraf before.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Likewise, when I say "you" I mean "you" the people you represent.

Now answer the question:

Yes, those are acts of a democratically elected government, with checks and balances in place. You readily compare that to the acts of an extremist group that teaches children to kill those who do not follow their beliefs, which murders children for perceived acts of homosexuality, and orders rape of young girls for perceived flirting. <sarcasm>Yes, Ferre, you are making so much sense. The acts of an extremist terrorist group are sooooo similar to the acts of law enforcement in the US. </sarcasm>

What was that thing that I saw being flushed down the crapper? Your credibility?
you should view this 10 minutes educational film that they used to show at schools in the 1940's John...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...85813125825400

Old 07-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Contributing Member

pakistan is a breeding ground for islamic extremist..we will see if the gov't acts harder on them on a regular basis

Old 07-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre View Post
Don't see any difference? I don't think even you believe that.

Besides, unless you come to the realization that 9-11 wasn't an "inside job" or that there was some U.S. conspiracy involved you're not going to change your extreme views on what's going on in Iraq, Afghanistan, Gitmo and elsewhere. If you think the U.S. government was behind 9-11 you're going to excuse any terrorist attack against us or an attack against one of our troops as justified.

Whereas, people like me who have no doubt that Islamic extremists are the cause behind the bloodshed on 9-11 aren't going to give a second thought to water boarding or otherwise inflicting pain and suffering on anyone we capture that was pointing a weapon in our direction. I could give 2 poops about those cowards hiding among women and children in posques and elsewhere. We shouldn't even be capturing them.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Yep, like jailing 700.000 people every year for smoking a joint. Or jailing old ladies, after pushing them in the face with handcuffs, because of her lawn being a tad brownish.
At least we can agree that arresting people for smoking whatever the heck they want is rediculous. Personally, I don't know how any government ever got away with taking away the freedom to smoke a plant.

If it weren't for all of the wacked out radical potheads behind the legalize pot movement it would have a fighting chance. I spent years on Maui and knew plenty of supporters personally. They're their own worst enemies because they don't focus their energies on the worthy cause for freedom. They spend their time on fighting the "establishment" and supporting all sorts of unrelated political causes that only make it harder for most people to take them seriously.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

9/11 Was obviously done for several Financial gains for a select amount of people both outside and INSIDE the united states...
Just my 2c.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues