Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Individualist

This is kind of funny. You know, we got George Bush, who actually lets our troops carry guns with bullets. As opposed to Clinton, who tells the troops they can have guns, but no bullets and then blames it on the Sec. of Defence when the troops are killed and drug naked through the streets.

Is it just me, or does Bush have a tad bit more common sense than that lying scum Clinton?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Latest Blog:
None

what are you talking about john?

Old 04-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Individualist

Somalia.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Individualist

I think you were 11 at the time.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

I was floating outside of Somalia a week after the whole "Blackhawk Down" mess on the USS America. Nice weather there, but rather hot.

I didn't have bullets, but I could play a mean game of Mario Brothers sitting around waiting to do something.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Individualist

Damn, you sure do get around, Mr Cox.

Old 04-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

Desert Storm / Desert Shield
Bosnia
Somalia

I believe I was at every "conflict" of the early 90's minus Haiti. Didn't see much since I worked nights on the flight deck, and the benefits sucked, pay was lousy, and I don't even have many good "stories". To be honest though, I am A-POLITICAL except when I am talking to Europeans, as I like to play the part of the arrogant cowboy to stir them up a bit

Old 04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Latest Blog:
None

What was the name of the ship that hit a mine there, in the Persian gulf? ... I can't remember .... but anyway... my cousin (first cousin) was injured in that.... and he described the scene to me a bit.. guys getting killed right next to him.. : /

His Dad, my uncle, was a commander in the US Navy and had his own destroyer...

..his brother, my other Naval cousin, is also in the Navy but works doing some kind of secret stuff that he can't discuss at all ...

My uncle's name was David Walker... and his son who was injured is named the same ...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think Bush should be allowed to put a cancer on the presidency. I'm surprised that it has taken 129 posts to come to what really should be a common sense conclusion. He gets a lot of freedom being the president, which he should - logically since he is the head of the free-est democracy in the world, he should get to be the free-est man in the world.

Anyway, if you think about it why on Earth would someone put a cancer, on himself? Do the math.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I didn't think it would be possible, but

apparently it IS possible for someone to hate Bush as much as I hate Clinton for what he did to stain our country for a generation by doing a barely legal gal in the oval office.

Now you can rant on and on about all the bad things you BELIEVE Bush has done and is doing, but as someone who has followed political and world events since living in Munich in 1972 I discount much of the bashing to a lack of understanding of why we've done what we've done and why we have no choice but to continue to support the Iraqi's until it's people feel safe standing up against the Al Q element that is hell bent on destroying their hope.

I should add that I lost my cousin and his wife (Ken and Jennifer Lewis) on 9/11 when their plane was flown into the Pentagon by people who, like the pigs in Iraq, have no qualms about cutting off someone's head.

You Bush-haters had better start hating the terrorists with the same passion or we're destined for much, much, worse then what went down on 9/11.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
apparently it IS possible for someone to hate Bush as much as I hate Clinton for what he did to stain our country for a generation by doing a barely legal gal in the oval office.
Actually, she was well into her twenties....I think it's pretty tough to make the "barely legal" argument on this one.

More importantly, I find it hard to understand how a physical relationship with a consenting adult, albeit adulterous, is somehow worse than the soaring death toll of Americans in Iraq (almost 3,400) and complete governmental failure during Hurricane Katrina, whose death toll was somewhere around 2000. Is it worse than the lies about the WMD? Is it worse than the current US attorney scandal?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Latest Blog:
None

A lot of people are enjoying living in fear of terrorists. And it makes sense because terrorists terrorize, so it is nothing to be embarrassed about. I am living in fear of Monica Lewinsky.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Individualist

Quote:
More importantly, I find it hard to understand how a physical relationship with a consenting adult, albeit adulterous, is somehow worse
As far as I know, nobody cares whose mouth Clinton blows his wad in. The issue, which Liberal seem to be impossible to comprehend, is that he lied under oath when he was being sued for sexual harassment. Other people go to prison for perjury, should a president be forgiven simply by virtue of membership in the Democratic party?

Quote:
the soaring death toll of Americans in Iraq
Soaring death toll? How many Americans died liberating Europe from Nazi Germany?
Quote:
Is it worse than the current US attorney scandal?
Ironic. Clinton fired all 93 U.S. Attorneys in March 1993 to prevent an investigation of his crimes.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo77 View Post
complete governmental failure during Hurricane Katrina, whose death toll was somewhere around 2000.
Since John already did a fine job taking care of the other comments.....

Hmmm...when other states were hit by hurricanes during the Bush administration, FEMA did just fine. Could it be that:

1) The money that was appropriated for reinforcing the levies over the years was instead siphoned off to pay for local pork projects

2) Nagin let a parking lot full of school buses get flooded rather than use them to evacuate his citizens. His reply "school buses? man, we need greyhounds!"

3) A Democratic congressman was more interested in getting the $90,000 in cash bribe money out of his freezer than letting the national guard do their job

4) Years of liberal welfare-state mentality lulled people into a "the government will take care of me" attitude rather than "I need to take care of myself and my neighbors" attitude.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues