Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think I agree with everything you said.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

To blame one party or one group for the current state that America is in is an exquisite example of the Arrogance of conservatives. Not to mention downright silly

I'm a proud American. In a lot of ways I'm an anti-sterotype. I'm a minority but don't blindly support everything Democrats say just because I don't know any better. I'm a proud former soldier who served his country as both enlisted and as a commissioned officer in the US Army. I'm however not a Republican either. I think both parties are to blame and have major faults and right now the whole war on terror fiasco is PROOF that NO party should have as much power as the Republicans do right now. There needs to be balance.

Republicans are so disgusting me right now that sure a lot of my comments will just seem like liberal rhetoric. But do trust that I'm fully aware that if the Dems had this much majority in D.C. they'd be screwing things up in some other way. I do however believe that the one thing Republicans love to attack Dems on as a weakness is quite ironically their strength. Republicans like to say that Democrats flip flop and can't make up their minds. I say that's because the Democrats arebetter representation of the American people's sentiments. Which are all over the place.

But "absolute power corrupts absolutely". And if the Dems were in power both in all the houses I suspect their ties with the American people might weaken quite a bit. Whomever is in the whitehouse they need an opposite party in the congress to keep everyone honest IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southnow
America's problem isn't that we're stupid, it's that we're becoming Pu&&ies. America was built by roughnecks, and what's left here today can hardly maintain what was started. Instead it's been diluted and changed to a poor shadow of itself. Freedom and pacifists don't mix. It took atrocities to form America. Without them it wouldn't exist. There's another thread here about it being illegal to get drunk in a bar. Can you imagine Americans of 100 years ago putting up with that?

America wasn't built for outsiders to like.

I disagree with what we're doing in the middle east. Not that we're there, but how it's being handled. The old America would have handled things in a way that would have REALLY pissed people off. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but maybe if there's no more room for such actions in the world, then there's no more room for countries like America. I think there is, but it's a choice that has to be made.

Liberal Democrats, the ideas of Liberal Democrats, the actions of Liberal Democrats, the views of Liberal Democrats are the erosion of America, and if America fails, history will show that's where it began.

Paul Harvey made these observations:

Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB
I think both parties are to blame and have major faults and right now the whole war on terror fiasco is PROOF that NO party should have as much power as the Republicans do right now. There needs to be balance.
Which terror?
Do you have a terror problem? Oh, we don't know. Does somebody knows terror at USA? LOL
If you are talking about 9-11 then you forgot Osama was working for US security agencies.
If you want to see the real terror watch out Iraq.

Don't proud with you army. They are still killing childrens

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues