Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down Social Issues Forum Rules and Guidelines

1. Enter at Your Own Risk - Controversial topics can become heated very quickly. If you want to participate in the social issues forum, there will be times that you are going to need thick skin.

2. Stating Facts - If you are stating something as fact, take the time to research the topic, and include credible references to back up your statement.

3. Stating Opinions - If you are stating something as your opinion, make it clear that it is only your opinion, and explain why you feel that way.

4. Misrepresenting The Words of Other Posters - One way for a debate to get out of hand very quickly is by misrepresenting what others have said in their posts. A lot of this can be prevented simply by using the quote button. If you are not sure what someone meant, take the time to ask them to explain further, rather than assuming or using your own interpretation of their words.

5. Hit and Run Posting - If you decide to join a topic, don't just post and run, without being prepared to back up what you have said, when others respond.

6. Choose Your Words Carefully - Try to remember that there are real people, with real feelings, on the other end of the monitor who are reading your words. Use respect at all times!

7. Step Away - If a topic has reached the point that you are about to say things that you may regret later, don't be afraid to respectfully excuse yourself from the conversation for a bit, while you take time to regain your composure.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
6. Choose Your Words Carefully - Try to remember that there are real people, with real feelings, on the other end of the monitor who are reading your words. Use respect at all times!
I love passionately discussing controversial topics because it helps me learn and opens my mind to all sides of a topic.

If I only discuss these topics with people that agree with me, it makes it difficult to make educated decisions, especially when it comes time to vote.

That being said, it is vital that we remember to always debate in a respectful manner in this community. Without the assurance of respect, members are less likely to join in the discussions.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

As A Reminder To Us All!

If you want to participate in this community, you absolutely MUST use respect for others at at times. It is who we are.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread