Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Wat i meant is to make them realize their mistake.
If you tell a child that it is not right to lie, and you explain all the wrongness of lying, that won't mean diddly-squit to to a child if the child learns that lying indeed has its benefits. The child will look at the benefits of lying (real) and the draw-backs to telling the truth (real) and decide to lie.

That is where you insert "spanking" as a draw back to lying, and suddenly the scales have tipped.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

spanking to some extent is necessary but.... to some extent

Old 10-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboysahil View Post
spanking to some extent is necessary but.... to some extent
I think it's important to let the child know that you don't enjoy it, and it's an necessary result. When I was a kid I think that once or twice my father spanked me not for my sake, but as a way of releasing his own frustration. That isn't good or right. And really, spanking with a belt - I've never found that necessary.

Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
I think it's important to let the child know that you don't enjoy it, and it's an necessary result. When I was a kid I think that once or twice my father spanked me not for my sake, but as a way of releasing his own frustration. That isn't good or right. And really, spanking with a belt - I've never found that necessary.
I very clearly remember the look on my moms face as I turned around when she broke that pine paddle over my butt, it was that of horror, realizing she had swung way too hard, directly followed by a peculiar look of remorse, I believe for having had to do the spanking in the first place, mixed with a different look of remorse common to an active alcoholic. That look on her face freaked me out more than the stick being broken over me, or any other factor, because I didn't understand it at the time, however I did understand that I had done something wrong even before I was spanked, because I was seeking attention in what I knew was an undesirable way, but I didn't care about that as I was pretty good at shaking off the spankings. I was somewhat of a stubborn little devil, the way I recall it.

Last edited by Atom; 10-13-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added thoughts

Old 10-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

well my dad eyes wen't red and that friegtened me a lot!

Old 10-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

kids are wise enough for them to understand their mistakes without being spanked....and with regards to this 13 year old pushing baby strollers, 65% divorce rate, they needed assistance , guidance, love, care and advices from their parents. it usually happens to those children which has a divorce or separated parents, children who are a victims of this are looking for attention, they tend to become rebellious most of the time. But children with a higher understanding becomes indifferent and doesn't care to anybody at all, they will do what they think is the best for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backgammonnn123 View Post
If kids are so wise these days why do we have so many 13 year old pushing baby strollers, 65% divorce rate and so many young folks not getting the love that they should from their parents?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues