Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

What are your thoughts on the Iran / Russia / U.S. matter?

Ok, I put a quick Political (Controversial) Design together. What are your thoughts on the Iran / Russia / U.S. matter?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned

just please stop WAR!

Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Specifically what matter are you referring to? Can you define it just a bit?

Nice graphics work, BTW.

Last edited by Atom; 10-18-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: added last sentence

Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I was reading a thread in another topic the other day and it said that a debate should start with fact.

(I'm new at this debate thing)

Last edited by Atom; 10-18-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: added parentheses and text within

Old 10-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
I was reading a thread in another topic the other day and it said that a debate should start with fact.

(I'm new at this debate thing)
Hmmm, ok... I suppose I'll re-explain each image with Text caption & try to be more clear....

George W. Bush's Caption states that " Iran is Posing a threat to the WORLD by exploring nuclear Energy & I intend to do something about it" Bush has expressed his concern that IRAN is Only exploring Nuclear Power for Weapons of mass destruction development. While Khamenei reiterates that the Main reason for the research is for Power Plants and a better way of life for his people.

Putin's Caption states " I think you are over doing it, Even I know better than that!" a touch of humor stemming from some of the past Soviet Governing decisions along with the Fact that U.S. officials have long accused Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons behind the facade of a civil atomic energy program, charges Tehran denies. Putin bluntly disagrees, saying last week that he saw no "objective data" to prove Western claims that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons.

Khamenei's caption states: " Afghanistan, Iraq, & Now Iran, Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?" A dull stab a humor at the expense of all the middle easterners (& Other supporting countries around the world) that Blame the U.S. for invading without due cause & uncircumstantial proof to back up their claims.

So, now we have 3 views, 3 leaders, & another so called War / invasion on the brink being sought after as we speak.

What are your views on that?

Last edited by scorpionagency; 10-18-2007 at 05:17 AM.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionagency View Post
Hmmm, ok... I suppose I'll re-explain each image with Text caption & try to be more clear....

George W. Bush's Caption states that " Iran is Posing a threat to the WORLD by exploring nuclear Energy & I intend to do something about it" Bush has expressed his concern that IRAN is Only exploring Nuclear Power for Weapons of mass destruction development. While Khamenei reiterates that the Main reason for the research is for Power Plants and a better way of life for his people.

Putin's Caption states " I think you are over doing it, Even I know better than that!" a touch of humor stemming from some of the past Soviet Governing decisions along with the Fact that U.S. officials have long accused Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons behind the facade of a civil atomic energy program, charges Tehran denies. Putin bluntly disagrees, saying last week that he saw no "objective data" to prove Western claims that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons.

Khamenei's caption states: " Afghanistan, Iraq, & Now Iran, Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?" A dull stab a humor at the expense of all the middle easterners (& Other supporting countries around the world) that Blame the U.S. for invading without due cause & uncircumstantial proof to back up their claims.

So, now we have 3 views, 3 leaders, & another so called War / invasion on the brink being sought after as we speak.

What are your views on that?
Well, I think that we humans need to figure out a way to somehow undo what Einstein figured out. I'll bet it seems impossible to most of you. And we need to do it rather quickly, I'd say. Or .. am I getting too far ahead too quickly?.

Last edited by Atom; 10-18-2007 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added somehow

Old 10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

@Scorp: Nice graphics work, but Putin has darker hair.
I think that if Bush wants to weaken his country even further, then an invasion of Iran is just what the doctor ordered.

@Atom: That genie has already left the bottle.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
...@Atom: That genie has already left the bottle.
That seems a good point, and I knew that it would appear ridiculous, but I am quite serious. There may be a way to render nuclear reactions inert by the introduction of something into the air, who knows, but what I'm saying is that we must look outside ourselves for the answer to our survival, IMO. I have zero faith in humans engaged in global politics on the nuclear issue.

We need to think hard about this.

Last edited by Atom; 10-18-2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added last sentence

Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Latest Blog:
None

War, omg we in 2007 and they still want to go to war, i dont understand these people.
www dot cybercoders dot page.tl/Donations.htmcolor

Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
There may be a way to render nuclear reactions inert by the introduction of something into the air.
That's an interesting direction to move in, but think about the catastrophy that would take place if this mysterious compound ever leaked into space and came into contact with the sun.
(Or, worse... the possibility of this compound falling into the hands of some terrorist group with the ability to deliberately transport this stuff to the sun.)

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
That's an interesting direction to move in, but think about the catastrophy that would take place if this mysterious compound ever leaked into space and came into contact with the sun.
(Or, worse... the possibility of this compound falling into the hands of some terrorist group with the ability to deliberately transport this stuff to the sun.)
My normal direction of thought usually starts with electricity. I often wonder if there's a way to interrupt an entire city or even larger by relatively simple means, for example, but in a natural way.

Last edited by Atom; 10-18-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added last five words

Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

EMP

Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

wow crazy topic first thing in the morning. I literally can't believe with communications and technology we just aren't getting along better. We can now communicate with each other in so many different ways it's sad the only people are fighting is our governments and it's not even us. We sit here and get along great inside many major forums talk socially and never argue that much anyways. I really don't think the war is about the people anymore I think it's about the government, money and this isn't fair to us. We need to speak out, get heard somehow because there's no reason we all can't get along.

Were really a small world if you think about it!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Is there a way to demagnetize a square inch piece of natural magnet instantly from 1200 miles away?

I'll stop now, I think I've made my point.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Individualist

I think Japan should return to her Imperial roots. With the advanced technology we have here we could crush the US, Russia and all those extremist infested countries, enslave the populations, grab the oil, and be sitting pretty for the next five centennials.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

The Japanese have Mechas that can turn into jet fighters too.

Frankly I wouldn't let a Muslim nation develop a nuclear weapon if I could help it. And India, as I understand it, has been sneaking nuclear secrets and material out to other Muslim nations. Even though I despise Dubya I could not easily picture him using a nuke, not even 'just one of those small tactical ones'. But I can picture him thinking about invading Iran all right.

All the captions in that cartoon are right, it seems to me.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Individualist

Bush would not use a nuke. The opinion against them in civilized nations is too strong. There is no need to use a nuke, either. You can accomplish the same level of death and destruction using conventional weapons.

But Iran, war? Nope. Maybe if we hadn't gone into Iraq. But now the US is sick and tired of it. We want peace.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
But now the US is sick and tired of it. We want peace.
Can't get peace with war can you?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Well, I think he potentially could, to be honest. He has forced the development of tactical nukes for use on a battlefield through Congress.

I don't know how much I believe this kind of article, but it seems plausible: http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24829
Basically it says that Bush deployed tactical nukes in Afghanistan and Putin deployed tactical nukes in Chechnya, and they both agreed to this arrangement. Amazing, if true.

But to use them? No, I don't think he would use them, but he's obviously been thinking about them.

Is it okay to keep up with the development of nukes? I wish it weren't necessary but I think it has to be done.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian017 View Post
Can't get peace with war can you?
You can, but people lose sight of the goal. After 3 years of WW2, I'm sure some people thought that coexisting with Hitler might not be that bad. They just want it over with.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues