Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Ron Paul= No special interest group involved

So far he is the only candidate out there that isnt kissing butt to any special interest group
while raising money mostly through the internet. Im also seeing v7n ads on him . I call that very tasteful advertising on a classy forum.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

Agreed, others are having to get out in public to get what they need but he's nailing the internet like no tomorrow

Hilary is a -100 on my scale, and a good reason for that to which I won't say why.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Myers View Post
Agreed, others are having to get out in public to get what they need but he's nailing the internet like no tomorrow

Hilary is a -100 on my scale, and a good reason for that to which I won't say why.
You mean Billary and i cant believe anyone boaught that sob story and those fake tears of hers. I guess she did learn something from her husband lol.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

its unfortunate that someone like Ron Paul wont get the change to run for president

Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seconnection View Post
its unfortunate that someone like Ron Paul wont get the change to run for president
I thought that that's what he was doing. Did he drop out of the race?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

No, he is still running. Unofficial results have him in second place in Lousiana with a possibility of taking first after provisional ballots are all counted.

Debate on CNBC tonight at 9 EST (about 1 hour and 45 min from now).

Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 AM

I think that Ron Paul has some good things to say (all politicians say what we want to hear), and also some extremely bad ideas. If elected he would probably destroy the country.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketSEO View Post
... If elected he would probably destroy the country.
Could you elaborate just a bit on this part?

Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 AM

First thing about Ron Paul:

"He has pledged never to raise taxes"

Does anyone really believe that? How many politicians have to do this before people figure it out?

Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 AM

I'll admit that that's a concern of mine as well.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:39 AM

Here is another one that I find funny:

"[Ron Paul] believes that nuclear power is an alternative that should be considered, because it is a clean and efficient fuel and could help with powering efficient electric cars."

Obviously trying to make a pro-nuclear power statement more palatable. Just tack on "electric cars" to something unrelated...

Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Here is another one that I find funny:

"[Ron Paul] believes that nuclear power is an alternative that should be considered, because it is a clean and efficient fuel and could help with powering efficient electric cars."

Obviously trying to make a pro-nuclear power statement more palatable. Just tack on "electric cars" to something unrelated...
You dislike nuclear power?

Old 01-27-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
You dislike nuclear power?
Yeah... it's a terrible thing. Not just for the waste (which still has nowhere to go) and the dangers of the plants themselves, but also for the radioactive metal that gets "recycled" back into consumer products.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Yeah... it's a terrible thing. Not just for the waste (which still has nowhere to go) and the dangers of the plants themselves, but also for the radioactive metal that gets "recycled" back into consumer products.
So you prefer what practical power source. Don't say wind, water, sun. Those aren't ready yet.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Even coal is better than nuclear.

Solar power is not ready to power the entire country, but if you travel abroad you will see many countries where the sun is used for some of the power needs (like in the Mediterranean). There are many very sunny areas of the USA where solar would work, such as the southwest.

There is too much corruption in the government. Why did Reagan take the working solar panels off the roof of the White House in 1980? That was a symbolic gesture with no practical purpose...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Super Trooper

Maybe he wanted to work on his fake tan a bit and the SS wouldn't let him do so on the roof?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I think that Ron Paul has some good things to say (all politicians say what we want to hear), and also some extremely bad ideas. If elected he would probably destroy the country.
<scratches head>

Quote:
First thing about Ron Paul:

"He has pledged never to raise taxes"

Does anyone really believe that? How many politicians have to do this before people figure it out?
Have you examined his 10 term record as a Congressman? 10 terms over almost 30 years and he has *never* voted to raise taxes. He earned the nickname "Dr. No" from his peers for this reason. He has also consistently ranked in the top ten by The National Taxpayers Union (a non-profit, non-partisan watchdog group).

His Comprehensive Economic Revitalization Plan calls for freezing all non-defense, non-entitlement spending. Considering that, when most politicians talk about cutting taxes they are actually talking about cutting the rate of annual increase, this is a real tax cut. And, yes, I believe Ron Paul is sincere in keeping that pledge.

Quote:
Here is another one that I find funny:...
I am still waiting to see you elaborate on his "bad ideas" that "would probably destroy the country".

Do you believe that the current path this country is on ... deficit spending, borrowing from China to finance the war in Iraq, inflating the money supply, etc. is sustainable with the pending boom of medicare costs?

I think the case could be made - earnestly - that Ron Paul is the only candidate that might save the USA from bankruptcy.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Perhaps his campaigning is slightly ahead of the times, (the people campaigning are so OLD, not that ron paul is young) but it is the same way every year, there is barely any internet campaigning going online, (youtube, cnn, whatever) there is so much room for adwords ads, keywords etc... Ron paul has got that covered, it still remains that the internet advetrtising industry IS NOT MAINSTREAM YET (meaning that the general public still has no idea it exists, I meet people all the time that are like, those are advertisements, to the google adwords ads)

Old 02-15-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backgammonnn123 View Post
So far he is the only candidate out there that isnt kissing butt to any special interest group
Haha! Are you kidding me?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
Haha! Are you kidding me?
Only if your name means the liquidy gold that sprouts from ones mouth

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues