Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 01-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

naacp saying ron paul isnt a racist.

http://truthseeds.org/2008/01/14/ron...sm-is-liberty/

While Clinton and Obama squabble over ‘race issues’, the establishment media has silenced the parroted rhetoric that Ron Paul’s is racist, for now, having no basis for the strangely-timed slander as it is again proven false.

Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder who has known Ron Paul for over 20 years, released this statement, and came out in defense of Ron Paul to help put racist theories rightfully to rest. Linder said that the latest attempt to smear the Ron Paul candidacy is only establishment propaganda and dismisses the charges that Paul was a racist. Linder said the reason for Paul being attacked: He is a threat to the establishment. But does the mainstream media pick up on this story? They ignore, bury and censor it. Why are they threatened? Do the global power elite stand to lose the corporate welfare and warfare state with a Ron Paul presidency?

“Knowing Ron Paul’s intent, I think he is trying to improve this country but I think also, when you talk about the Constitution and you constantly criticize the federal government versus state I think a lot of folks are going to misconstrue that….so I think it’s very easy for folks who want to to take his position out of context and that’s what I’m hearing,” said Linder. NAACP Official Comments on Character of Dr. Ron Paul

New Republic’s Jamie Kirchick (Intellectually dishonest James Kirchick) falsely claimed that Ron Paul personally called Martin Luther King a “gay pedophile,” and stuffed 20 years’ worth of “Ron Paul” newsletters full of “racist, anti-semitic, homophobic invective,“ on Tucker Carlson’s MSNBC show. Kirchick also lied that Paul “called black people animals,” in a New Republic article. When Carlson asks Kirchick if he ever heard Ron Paul make a racist remark he says “No.” Kirchick blatantly hand-picked statements from articles written by somebody other than Ron Paul in an attempt to deploy a guilt by association campaign. New Republic Does Amateur Work in its “Ron Paul is a Racist” Smear Campaign

Martin Peretz, owner of the New Republic, is an “Advisor” to the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP). A full time Fellow at WINEP, IDF General Moshe Yaalon, has been indicted as a war criminal for his role in the 1996 mass murder bombing of refugees in Qana, Lebanon. Former directors at WINEP include Richard Pearl and Paul Wolfowitz. Vicious Ron Paul Hit Piece Scrapes The Barrel Of Yellow Journalism

Many of the fallacies in the hit piece come from an article that was written by a Paul aide fifteen years ago regarding crime figures and black people in Los Angeles. In fact, the publishers publicly admitted six months ago that Ron Paul had no influence over the content of many of these newsletters that Kirchick points to in his hit piece.

“Ron Paul didn’t know about those comments, or know they were written under his name until much later when they were brought to his attention. There were several issues that went out with comments that he would not ordinarily make. He was angry when he saw them,” said one publisher.

All of Ron Paul’s personal writings are widely available and there is no evidence of racism. His record speaks for itself. One has to wonder, if Ron Paul is a racist, why would he be friends with a president of the NAACP? The obvious lies discredited the article and the Drudge Report, among others, no longer is linking to the Kirchick hit piece. TNR Hit Piece Removed from The Drudge Report.

In response to the article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following press release:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person’s character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade. It’s once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.”

Paul has said on numerous occasions that Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks and Gandhi are heroes of his. “Martin Luther King is one of my heroes because he believed in nonviolence and that’s a libertarian principle. Rosa Parks is the same way. Gandhi, I admire. Because they’re willing to take on the government, they were willing to take on bad laws. So I believe in civil disobedience if you understand the consequences. Martin Luther King was a great person because he did that and he changed America for the better because of that,” said Paul.

When congress gave Rosa Parks the congressional gold medal, Ron Paul stood up in Congress, took a hundred dollar bill out of his pocket and put it on the table? He dared all of the congressmen to match him so that they could give Rosa Parks a medal. And of course, not one congressperson stood to match him. However, they chose to steal our money for the medal, among many others.

Paul also pointed out that his grassroots supporters have planned a mass donation day scheduled on Martin Luther King Day to honor Dr. King. The money bomb was scheduled for MLK day long before the racist propaganda.

Now in an apparent effort to shake out those complicit in the scandal, an open letter to ‘Lew’ from Former Ron Paul Chief of Staff surfaced on a website that is owned by Sean Gerety, who says he is a co-author of a book with John Robbins. Lew Rockwell, who features Dr. Paul on his website, is president of the Mises Institute, and a prominent figure in libertarian circles.

Open Letter To Lew Rockwell - From John Robbins
Posted January 12, 2008 by Sean Gerety

Dear Lew,

You have now had three opportunities –1996, 2001, and 2008 — to prove that you are a friend of Ron Paul and freedom, and you have failed to do so each time.

This week, for the third time, the puerile, racist, and completely un-Pauline comments that all informed people say you have caused to appear in Ron’s newsletters over the course of several years have become an issue in his campaign. This time the stakes are even higher than before. He is seeking nationwide office, the Republican nomination for President, and his campaign is attracting millions of supporters, not tens of thousands.

Three times you have failed to come forward and admit responsibility for and complicity in the scandals. You have allowed Ron to twist slowly in the wind. Because of your silence, Ron has been forced to issue repeated statements of denial, to answer repeated questions in multiple interviews, and to be embarrassed on national television. Your callous disregard for both Ron and his millions of supporters is unconscionable.

If you were Dr. Paul’s friend, or a friend of freedom, as you pretend to be, by now you would have stepped forward, assumed responsibility for those asinine and harmful comments, resigned from any connection to Ron or his campaign, and relieved Ron of the burden of having to repeatedly deny the charges of racism. But you have not done so, and so the scandal continues to detract from Ron’s message.

You know as well as I do that Ron does not have a racist bone in his body, yet those racist remarks went out under his name, not yours. Pretty clever. But now it’s time to man up, Lew. Admit your role, and exonerate Ron. You should have done it years ago.

John Robbins, Ph.D.
Chief of Staff
Dr. Ron Paul, 1981-1985

Ron Paul on Racism:

“A nation that once prided itself on a sense of rugged individualism has become uncomfortably obsessed with racial group identities.
The collectivist mindset is at the heart of racism.
Government as an institution is particularly ill-suited to combat bigotry. Bigotry at its essence is a problem of the heart, and we cannot change people’s hearts by passing more laws and regulations.
It is the federal government that most divides us by race, class, religion, and gender. Through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, government plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails. Government “benevolence” crowds out genuine goodwill by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. This leads to resentment and hostility among us.
Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called “diversity” actually perpetuate racism.
The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence - not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.
In a free society, every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty.“

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Well, the pages with the writings bore his banner, according to the article. Seems he should be able to do a small bit of detective work to discover the real author, if he's not the author himself.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM

Or, is the OP saying that "Lew" is the author, according to John Robbins, former Ron Paul Chief of Staff?

Wait..

who is this "Lew", again?

Last edited by Atom; 01-15-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

What matters is that they accept his explanation and this was laid to rest many years ago and only brought up again as a smear tactic.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backgammonnn123 View Post
What matters is that they accept his explanation ...
Who is "they"?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

the naacp, didnt you read the article?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backgammonnn123 View Post
the naacp, didnt you read the article?
No, sorry, I just read what was under the link. Yes I see it was the naacp but I guess I was attempting to hone in on the root problem, if there is one. Seems there is, to me. I mean, maybe I missed something, and that wouldn't be unlikely might I add, but I haven't seen any specific accountability for this, except some guy named "Lew".

Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 PM
v7n Mentor

lol, NAACP. Nobody works harder to segregate and keep unequal rights around than them.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

the fact is Only Ron Paul is truely talking about the issues here and not script talking and flip flopping. These smear tactics wont work on the american people anymore. RP has a very sound way to get us out of the impending bankruptcy that america will enter if we dont stop this spending. The other candidates dont have a solution do they.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:28 AM

It seems to me that he would be our best course of action for president.

Last edited by Atom; 01-19-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:41 AM

I voted Obama in some other pole in another thread here, a few months back I think, but, I've changed my mind since I've been finding out more about Ron Paul.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues