Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

No more lies?

Layered Voice Analysis

I imagine this could change the face of politics if the technology progresses to the point where every TV set has it built in. Imagine watching the news or a political debate and having your very own BS detector in real time (superimposed or PIP style).

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 AM

I'm pretty sure this isn't new. Its been touted in the UK for some time. In fact last year there was a big thing in the media about local councils using this via telephone calls with customers.

I believe it is used by some insurance companies over hear too, but I'm not sure.

I think its an bit of an infringement of your rights not to be informed before hand that your conversation will be analysed in this way. But if we as citizens are going to be scrutinized in this way then why not politicians too. Hey lets go the whole nine yards and subject them to a little water boarding too, maybe as a second round to the televised face to face question and answer sessions. We might be able to weed out some of the low life from politics.

Actually may be we should do the water boarding after they have left a public post too, check up on whether they got up to anything they should not have.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Individualist

Lie detectors used to be used in court even though polygraphs are unreliable. This, I would think, has the potential to do the same kind of harm.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues