Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
It is, afterall, populated by animals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOXa9RdeaPE

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 04:26 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
But he is the Quizatz Haderach.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
Please define "the existing problem."
I mean military actions in Georgia and South Osetia
Quote:
What do you believe causes human beings to "constantly wrangle?"
I'd know what causes people to quarrel. I don't like to do it and I always try to avoid it.
Quote:
The world is anything but peaceful. It is, afterall, populated by animals.
I don't think so. What do you think about misunderstandings between religion?
And what about military actions in Iraq, past actions in Yugoslavia,etc. ?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisBerc View Post

I don't think so. What do you think about misunderstandings between religion?
And what about military actions in Iraq, past actions in Yugoslavia,etc. ?
I think people will look for any excuse to release their aggression.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Banned

The reason was that there are many Russians in South Ossetia and Georgia destroyed some territory of Ossetia and killed many Russian people. I understand the reaction of Russia, because it takes care of russian people all over the world.
Nevertheless, war is not the solution to the problem.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 AM
v7n Mentor

The Russian action was fairly easy to understand. Suppose Mexico decided to join the Soviet Union, started sticking two fingers up to America for years on end, and then tried to annexe New Mexico. The American response would be the same in that instance, as the Russian action in Georgia.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
The Russian action was fairly easy to understand. Suppose Mexico decided to join the Soviet Union, started sticking two fingers up to America for years on end, and then tried to annexe New Mexico. The American response would be the same in that instance, as the Russian action in Georgia.

Georgia tried to annex a republic of the Russian Federation? Wow! This should have been cover story news! But nobody mentioned it.... because it is a figment of your imagination?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned

Very interesting news about the Russia's and Georgia's relations. Thanks guys for the info. I can't even image that so many people watch the situation appeared between these countries.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Georgia tried to annex a republic of the Russian Federation? Wow! This should have been cover story news! But nobody mentioned it.... because it is a figment of your imagination?
It's an analogy. The Georgian's have been acting like asses, in other words. They've never been able to resist having a pop at South Ossetia territory since before it was formed in 1991, and it was only Russian sabre-rattling that stopped them trying to take it over back then. So what sort of idiot country keeps that dumb-ass behaviour up when they know what it will lead to?

As I say, the Georgians have been acting like clowns, and hoping the West will step up to bat with them when any clueless halfwit would know that was never going to happen. They're a liability. Keep them out of NATO please, we don't need their brand of diplomacy.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Individualist

So, whereas before you stated that Georgia asserting sovereignty over its own territory was similar to Mexico annexing a US state; now you admit it is more like the US asserting sovereignty over one of its states. But you think that Russia was in the right, because Russia has a more powerful military presence.

I suppose Poland was in the wrong for opposing Hitler.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 AM
v7n Mentor

Now you really are confused. South Ossetia was not Georgian territory, it's been independent for nigh-on twenty years, just the same as Georgia. And the wars in that region in 1991 could be more properly categorised as ethnic cleansing.

I can only assume your thinking that South Ossetia is Georgian territory is the root of your confusion. They have been effectively autonomous since 1991. Either way, you still haven't understood the situation. NATO officials repeatedly told Georgia to cut out the military crap.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Individualist

Quote:
South Ossetia was not Georgian territory
Of course it was.

Quote:
it's been independent for nigh-on twenty years
And other than the recent controversial recognition by Russia, which other countries recognize the independence of South Ossetia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian-Ossetian_conflict
The Georgian–Ossetian conflict refers to the ethno-political conflict in Georgia's autonomous region of South Ossetia
So Wikipedia, and the UN, recognize it as an autonomous region within Georgia. But you, Holy Rankmeister, recognize its independence, because your mentor, Russia, recongizes its independence, and we should do the same huh?

Sorry, no.

Quote:
I can only assume your thinking that South Ossetia is Georgian territory is the root of your confusion.
What confusion? The fact that I recognize South Ossetia as a rebelling territory, as the world does, doesn't indicate anything more than realism. Your fantasy land dreamworld recognition of South Ossetia as an independent nation isn't shared by the rest of us.

Quote:
They have been effectively autonomous since 1991.
Evidently you don't know what the word means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_area

Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor

As ever, you're missing the point. This whole situation was entirely predictable (like your responses), which is why the Georgians were advised not to cause trouble by NATO, the joining of which their president made his election plank. And you still refuse to accept the Georgians are asses? It's like talking to a brick wall.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
As ever, you're missing the point. This whole situation was entirely predictable (like your responses), which is why the Georgians were advised not to cause trouble by NATO, the joining of which their president made his election plank. And you still refuse to accept the Georgians are asses? It's like talking to a brick wall.
No, I didn't contend the predictability of the events. If you would kindly point me to the the post where I denied the predictability, I'd be much in your debt.

I did however deny your implication that Russia was in the right and Georgia outside of her rights.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

I hate the war,Civilians always suffer

Old 10-04-2008, 05:20 PM

everybody is talking about this, but to me we should focus on getting our troops home not sending them somewhere else to die

Old 10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
v7n Mentor

Chad, you need help...perhaps going to a library and reading up on the difference between making factual statements and filling the air with rhetorical crap.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:03 PM

i personally do not think that is any of our business, sure georgia went to war with us but we and i would think that both our country could have learned something from it

Old 10-04-2008, 10:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Osama Bin Laden and Gen. Patreus in their only agreeing statement have both said that the central war on terror was taking place in Iraq. We invaded Afghanistan and the Taliban left, the main stream terrorism went with them, some went into Pakistan, others went into Iraq, Iran, Syria and other Middle East places, some went to the Philipines and other parts of the globe. So what were we to do? Sit and wait for another home land attack that we have very little chance of stopping, or be proactive and attempt to keep terrorism on the run wherever we can?

Pakistan, a country that we had no justification for going against or attacking would not let us follow the terrorists into their country. Now, we could have said, we don't care we're coming in any how and started a war with the nuclear armed Pakistan, and violated countless national and international laws in the process, or we could follow them to Iraq a country that we have already been to war with that had repeatedly been violating U.N. Sanctions and a signed peace treaty for 10 years that was coming close to not being under U.N. sanctions within the next couple years and was already set up to resume their nuclear program and biological warfare programs. Not to mention was consistently and had consistently practiced in genocide and torture of it's citizens. But definitely was a place where terrorist were moving into after being chased out of Afghanistan.

So tell me, is it better that we use our military, those that have chosen to serve their country, to defend their country on foreign soil, or sit on our hands and allow more civilians become victims as they were in 9/11? Another attack was immenent no question about it, just a question of where and when, now, it's still likely, growing more likely every day, but we have a better intelligence structure, and the terrorist organization is more occupied attempting to stay hidden and surviving than just being able to casually sit around the table and figure out what their next attack/move will be.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 AM

i doubt the U.S. cares about Georgia all republicans care about is oil and as long as we have a republican in the white house there will be war ware ever it can be found

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues