Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-01-2008, 02:47 PM
No Longer Active

Sara Palin's daughter is pregnant

Maybe McCain and Obama donít want media to touch their families but I want to question the level of moral values presented in Palinís family.

Where were Sara Palin when her 16 years old daughter screw her boyfriend and got pregnant as result?

fastreplies

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
v7n Mentor

I guess you're a perfect person and you surround yourself only with perfect people?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastreplies View Post
Maybe McCain and Obama donít want media to touch their families but I want to question the level of moral values presented in Palinís family.

Where were Sara Palin when her 16 years old daughter screw her boyfriend and got pregnant as result?

fastreplies

Wow. You want to talk about morality when you come in here and post this filth? What kind of sick human trash are you?

Old 09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Said Schmidt: "If people try to politicize this, the American people will be appalled."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26496189/

Appalled? No, disgusted at the depth that some people sink to.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:53 PM
xo mudslide

I am OFFENDED at the thought a parent can be so harshly judged by the actions of their children. I am also offended at the JUDGMENT of teen pregnancy when so many people choose to have sex as teenagers.

No, it has no bearing WHATSOEVER of how I view her professionally or personally.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
The daughter was on a date I would expect. What's your point? She got pregnant by her boyfriend and is getting married. Is that alright with you? Perhaps you'd have more respect for her if she aborted?

Sorry, you libs aren't going to be able to make an issue of this. The fact that you're even trying is such a testament to what decent America already know you are.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
I am OFFENDED at the thought a parent can be so harshly judged by the actions of their children. I am also offended at the JUDGMENT of teen pregnancy when so many people choose to have sex as teenagers.

No, it has no bearing WHATSOEVER of how I view her professionally or personally.
+1.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Offended? Disgusted? I think that's a bit over the top.
It's dirty politics, but that seems to be the norm these days. You guys should be expecting stuff like this.
Obama and McCain announce their running mates and we all know that both sides instantly went into dirt finding mode on the other one.
Both parties participate in it and both parties are equally guilty of it.

Let's not pretend that this is some shocking new low that has been sunk to, or some shocking surprise to anyone with a functional memory, shall we?

For the record, I think this latest move to expose dirt is as bad as any other move to expose dirt that has no relevance whatsoever to the candidate in question.

Her daughter got pregnant. So what? It happens in families of all different types and sizes.
It has no bearing on Palin's ability to do what she's supposed to do.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Nor does it put into question Sarah Palin's morals. It shows that she is a human being just like everyone else and deals with the same types of life situation as the rest of the people do in every day life.

It does bring to mind the statement made a few months ago by Barack Obama about abortion and how if his daughters made a mistake he wouldn't want them to be punished for it.

So I guess we see where morality stands for both of them, one by words the other by actions.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Individualist

Quote:
It's dirty politics, but that seems to be the norm these days. You guys should be expecting stuff like this.
I expect it from politicians, not from forum members.
Quote:
Obama and McCain announce their running mates and we all know that both sides instantly went into dirt finding mode on the other one.
So you're saying that because both sides do it that we shouldn't find it offensive? What is that, Canadian logic?

Quote:
I think this latest move to expose dirt is as bad as any other move to expose dirt that has no relevance whatsoever to the candidate in question.
The very fact that you categorize the unborn child as "dirt" is offensive in and of itself.

The fact is, it isn't dirt. Unless you're a judgmental, holier than thou type.

Some things are dirt. Misuse of taxpayer money. Sexually harassing people and lying about it under oath. Paying for sex while prosecuting others that do the same thing. Those things are dirt.

A daughter becoming pregnant isn't dirt.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

fastreplies
At this point in time it is a normal American family.

The fact that there was not an ultra quite abortion before the news broke leads to to believe there migh be some outstanding family values there.

I do have to question the values of anyone who would feel that this is a fair political topic (meaning YOU).

Old 09-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
I expect it from politicians, not from forum members.
Then you are naive.

Quote:
So you're saying that because both sides do it that we shouldn't find it offensive? What is that, Canadian logic?
So you're saying when you don't understand the logic that it's Canadian logic? What is that, American logic?
(See how dumb that sounds now?)

Quote:
The very fact that you categorize the unborn child as "dirt" is offensive in and of itself.
Can't wait for you to quote my post where I state that an unborn child is dirt.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Individualist

Quote:
So you're saying when you don't understand the logic that it's Canadian logic? What is that, American logic?
No, I'm saying when it's not logical, it's without logic - i.e., Canadian logic.
Quote:
Can't wait for you to quote my post where I state that an unborn child is dirt.
Post #8 in this thread.

Old 09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, I'm saying when it's not logical, it's without logic - i.e., Canadian logic.
OK.

Quote:
Post #8 in this thread.
In post #8, I used the word "dirt" to describe information which might be perceived by some to be damaging to Palin.

So... try another post. Where did I refer to a baby as "dirt"?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
OK.
Cute how you say "ok" when anybody else would attempt to either format the statement logically, or admit to it being illogical. Typical Zap behavior.

Quote:
In post #8, I used the word "dirt" to describe information which might be perceived by some to be damaging to Palin.
Which information is that? The information that there is an unborn child in the daughter's belly?

Quote:
So... try another post. Where did I refer to a baby as "dirt"?
See above. If you weren't referring to the pregnancy, then what was it you were referring to?

Old 09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
No Longer Active

Yes, you’re right, children these days don’t share their parents values. Just ask any redneck and they will tell you that in their trailer park every second teen girl pregnant or already has a child. However, I am not talking about white trash mentality here, I am talking about family that pride itself being morally above the others but whereas in reality mother of the family couldn’t teach her daughter simple concept of ‘say no’.

I would like to remind you that her daughter, as every daughter, takes clues from her mother. Old proverb says: tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are. McCain chose Sara Palin because of her high right wing moral values and now the only strong quality she has went in to the trash bin next to the trailer park that shaped her parental abilities.

fastreplies

Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Just ask any redneck and they will tell you that in their trailer park every second teen girl pregnant or already has a child.
Wow, talk about judgmental!

If you don't want your teen daughters to become pregnant, then you can beat them and lock them away all you want. The rest of us will enjoy the freedom of knowing that this isn't the middle ages.

And Barack Obama's mom got pregnant as an unmarried teenager, and you don't seem to have an issue with that. That would mean you're nothing more than a simple hypocrite.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:01 PM
v7n Mentor

I never - rep, but I can't avoid it in the instance of you, you are a complete moron and throwing out trash statements about people involving things you obviously have no concept of.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Individualist

It just amazes me that there are people who think that a 17 year old girl having a child is even remotely worthy of condemnation.

Just, wow. Bizarre.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:28 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
It just amazes me that there are people who think that a 17 year old girl having a child is even remotely worthy of condemnation.

Just, wow. Bizarre.
I thought you have and use more than just half of the brain that sees only left side of the issue.
This is NOT about having child, this is about having sex at 16.
This is about mother who couldn't control her daughter

As to thegamerslink
This is about mumbling lunatic who has no brains at all to come with coherent argument and capable only to throw at you negative reputation.
Guess what Bozo, I don't care about your stupid green/red bars

To all of you.
Since when people kicked in the !ss in this forum for expressing their opinions even if they are not shared by some of you? Why don’t you put sign that says: post only if you agree with our philosophy. Shame on you

fastreplies

Last edited by fastreplies; 09-01-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Closed Thread