Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
v7n Mentor

Are you an Obama bot?

This is from Julie's blog and I thought it was really funny

10 - You don't think Obama has a chance of losing. The possibility hasn't even crossed your mind.

9 - You have a photo of Barack Obama as your computer's desktop wallpaper.

8 - You're still waiting on the text message.

7 - You used to like Jesse Jackson, until you heard him say that he wanted to cut Obama's nuts off.

6 - The sight of Hillary Clinton makes you feel threatened.

5 - You fail to realize his name is Barack Hussein Obama, not to be confused with other Muslims and notorious jihadists such as Osama Bin Laden, Sadaam Hussein, Yusuf Islam, and Muhammed Ali.

4 - Bill Clinton used to be your favorite president. Now he's just Monica Lewinsky's lover.

3 - You love to watch MSNBC, and fawn over Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews.

2 - You think New York, California, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan are overrated.

1 - You don't care if he changes his positions, as long as he's still the 'cool' guy to vote for.

So how many of you are Obama bots?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
v7n Mentor

That's funny... What about those of us that own a copy of "ObamaNation"?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
v7n Mentor

You cannot remember more than a few catch phrases like "Yes we can" and when asked about where he stands on issues like American farmers, you have no clue.

But then again, neither does he.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post

You cannot remember more than a few catch phrases like "Yes we can" and when asked about where he stands on issues like American farmers, you have no clue.

But then again, neither does he.
I have a litmus test for Obama supporters. Its how I determine their merit and judgement with regard to their choice.

Next time you see an Obama supporter ask them the following two questions.

If they can answer just one, I tell them I will gladly switch parties.

1. Name one single piece of legislation introduced by Obama while in office as a Senator of these the United States of America.

when they are like.. "uh, uh, uh..."

I ask

2. Name one single piece of legislation introduced by Obama while in office as a State Senator in the great state of Illinois.

I really am a sadistic bastard... I get off on messing with people like this.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
v7n Mentor

Mia - great test. I've done that before too. It's always the "uh uh uh" followed by some ridiculously stupid statement such as, "he was right, he was against the Iraq war." Unfortunately they fail to realize how stupid that statement is because BO wasn't in the Senate at the time the vote was taken, and as they say, hindsight is 20/20... he doesn't know how he would have voted in that position no matter what he says now.

Anyways...... Cat Stevens didn't find my remark too funny. Ooopsy! I guess not everyone has my same sense of weird humor.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
v7n Mentor

"Present"

Old 09-10-2008, 08:31 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post

Anyways...... Cat Stevens didn't find my remark too funny. Ooopsy! I guess not everyone has my same sense of weird humor.
His name is not Cat Stevens, it's Yusuf Islam you infidel.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
v7n Mentor

Yea he'd probably be mad I called him Cat Stevens too.
*awaiting another call from his people*

Peace train.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 AM
v7n Mentor

Obama's legislation: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...010303303.html

My question to McCain fans would be, what do you think of a man who votes the same as the current President more than 90% of the time and then tries to portray himself as a maverick and an agent for change?

Or what do you think of a candidate who appoints a running mate that he's only met once before?

I think my questions are funnier, BTW.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Individualist

Quote:
a man who votes the same as the current President more than 90% of the time
Um, how does that work? The president doesn't vote in the senate, so it would be impossible to vote the same as the president even 1% of the time.

And if the president could vote, and McCain voted the same way 90% of the time, it tells you nothing more than that he voted the same 90% of the time.

An intelligent question would be, what did he vote for, what did he vote against, and what did he abstain from voting for or against.
Quote:
Or what do you think of a candidate who appoints a running mate that he's only met once before?
Why even meet the person? Millions of Americans vote for politicians they never meet.
Quote:
I think my questions are funnier
Indeed they are.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:34 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Why even meet the person? Millions of Americans vote for politicians they never meet.

It's a bit different if you're responsible for picking the next-in-line to the Presidency. Even I'd try and meet them, what, four or five times? Just to be sure, you know? After all, you'll be working quite closely together under pretty intense scrutiny, so at least you wouldn't want people to think you really don't have much of an idea about who you've chosen to run with you. Or what do I know, maybe flying by the seat of your pants is the way to run America?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
It's a bit different if you're responsible for picking the next-in-line to the Presidency. Even I'd try and meet them, what, four or five times? Just to be sure, you know? After all, you'll be working quite closely together under pretty intense scrutiny, so at least you wouldn't want people to think you really don't have much of an idea about who you've chosen to run with you. Or what do I know, maybe flying by the seat of your pants is the way to run America?
You're always good for a fallacy or two.

False dilemma here today.

Either "fly by the seat of your pants" or meet the person four or five times.

I'm guessing that somebody could have Palin researched by a four different law firms, do extensive background checks, and not meet the person even once.

Of course, that wouldn't be flying by the seat of one's pants. So you can kiss your false dilemma goodbye.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM
v7n Mentor

What definitions of a person do you get from meeting them more than once? I always thought that actions defined who or what a person is far more than what they said in public or during an interview.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM
v7n Mentor

Hello? You're choosing them to potentially be The Veep, to work alongside you for 4 to 8 years. Of course you meet them more than once. That McCain didn't is very worrying.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
"Present"
Classic...

There was something I did not agree with at a Jaycee meeting last night and I voted "Present"... Its a nice way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Mia - great test. I've done that before too. It's always the "uh uh uh" followed by some ridiculously stupid statement such as, "he was right, he was against the Iraq war." Unfortunately they fail to realize how stupid that statement is because BO wasn't in the Senate at the time the vote was taken, and as they say, hindsight is 20/20... he doesn't know how he would have voted in that position no matter what he says now.

Yeah, the irony about that "Iraq war" thing is the fact that Obama will constantly remind us all how he voted against it, meanwhile the timeline is a bit off. He was not present to vote for the original legislation he keeps saying he voted against. He's not even been a Senator 3 years yet and that vote he refers to took place before he was elected by a number of years.

He defends his decision against the surge (even though it worked) by saying that "his" plan would have worked "better" had we been able to see it in action.

If Saul Alinksy and Jimmy Carter are your idols, then Obama is the man for you.

If you like a weak military, and believe in the systematic redistribution of wealth as a way of solving our problems, by God, vote for Obama.

If you really believe the government can solve your problems, including health care and educations... Obama is where its at.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 AM
v7n Mentor

Thanks for the laugh, that was funny.
I find alot of what Obama says to be slick talk and double talk.
He "might" mean well, but I just don't trust him. Then again, I don't remember the last time I trusted any political figure.

I can't pay my bills with "Hope", and I don't need change if it means the government will be into my life more than it already is. Here in New York the government on the local and state levels regulates too much as it is.

Then again, I don't remember the last time I trusted any political figure.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:51 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
Hello? You're choosing them to potentially be The Veep, to work alongside you for 4 to 8 years. Of course you meet them more than once. That McCain didn't is very worrying.
Point was that you define the person by what they have accomplished, what they have done, and whether they have followed their convictions or not. These things don't require that you have met them repeatedly.

Anyone can put up a good front for a few face to face meetings, their record of conduct is how you find out who they really are.

To make a choice on face to face meetings instead as you suggest and to choose someone on the potential of whether you will get along with them for four to eight years is the truly scary statement.

After all, you are nominating a Vice Presidential candidate, not an assistant manager at a convenience store

Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 AM
v7n Mentor

pic below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i'm like obama.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	7988  

Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
v7n Mentor

Yeah, Barrack is gonna leave me with change...

Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
Yeah, Barrack is gonna leave me with change...
And don't you dare spend all that change in one place, he will probably want you to donate that leftover change to the needy

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues