Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Contributing Member

Honestly, do you think that would be a bad thing if we did go to war with Russia? It's a possibility if war-loving McCain is in office.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
Honestly, do you think that would be a bad thing if we did go to war with Russia? It's a possibility if war-loving McCain is in office.
Dude, seriously, grow up.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:51 AM
xo mudslide

I can't wait til this stupid election is over.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
I can't wait til this stupid election is over.
It won't end there.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
xo mudslide

i'm hoping you guys will find other things to yell about while scratching your chests....

Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo View Post
i'm hoping you guys will find other things to yell about while scratching your chests....
You are just miffed cuz we aren't talking about you.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

You didn't answer my question there Scott. Can we afford to go to war with Russia if the "hypothetical situation" were to occur. With McCain and Palin in office it probably would.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question there Scott. Can we afford to go to war with Russia if the "hypothetical situation" were to occur. With McCain and Palin in office it probably would.
Would you prefer that we abrogate all of our long-standing international treaties with our allies?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Contributing Member

OMG!!!! You actually think we should go to war with Russia because of that!!!! Have you lost your mind or something?????!!!!! Do you have any idea what would happen if that were to occur????? Or let me guess...............you really don't care. Well Sir, I'm sure you will care when an atomic bomb gets dropped right near your house.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
OMG!!!! You actually think we should go to war with Russia because of that!!!! Have you lost your mind or something?????!!!!! Do you have any idea what would happen if that were to occur????? Or let me guess...............you really don't care. Well Sir, I'm sure you will care when an atomic bomb gets dropped right near your house.
i don't think you read bob's question correctly..

Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

btw, correct me if i'm wrong bob, but i think he was being sarcastic.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaporco View Post
btw, correct me if i'm wrong bob, but i think he was being sarcastic.
I don't know. Perhaps you're right -- I didn't take his post as such, though.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is so "off the wall" I must reply to it.

I don't think you will ever find any Vet who is "war loving". I particully doubt you will find any fomer POW who is.

Both the Vets and the POWs along with many Americans with a good dose of common sense do realize there is a time for diplomacy and a time to fight. The real leaders can define the difference. I would rather have a VET and/or former POW deciding where my child might be called to fight than a person with no proven leadership ability.

If you think and vote, think about this when you are voting in November. If you don't do either feel free to keep spouting off in forums all across America. Those Vets and Pows insured your right to do so.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 09-22-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: typo

Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

If you like Bush or hate Bush I think he has more thrown on his plate than any President in many many years...

I like some the things he has done and some I disagree with completely...

I am not real happy with any of the candidates..

Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Individualist

Quote:
You didn't answer my question there Scott. Can we afford to go to war with Russia if the "hypothetical situation" were to occur.
Of course we can afford to go to war.

Quote:
With McCain and Palin in office it probably would.
The fact that idiots like you can vote is scary. Seriously.

We have been to war with Russia before. What do you think Afghanistan was? You think the Mujahideen got their training and weapons at K Mart?

Idiots who think that war with Russia would be on Russian or US soil need to play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Individualist

Quote:

LOL! I love the fact that your stupidity is representing Obama here. Atomic bomb! LOL! Too funny.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
Both the Vets and the POWs along with many Americans with a good dose of common sense do realize there is a time for diplomacy and a time to fight. The real leaders can define the difference. I would rather have a VET and/or former POW deciding where my child might be called to fight than a person with no proven leadership ability.
Funny, though, that McCain consistently votes not to increase health funding for veterans. He doesn't like veterans, and veterans don't like him. He received a Grade D from the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a 20% grade from the Disabled Veterans of America, and generally votes against veterans interests in key votes. So please stop peddling the notion that McCain is the veterans choice, he isn't, and most veterans with any sense who aren't brainwashed recognise that McCain is not on their side. Why don't you?

Oh, attribution, from which I condensed the above post and which also nails McCain's lies on the subject:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/08/...s-award-redux/

Old 09-23-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankenstein View Post
Funny, though, that McCain consistently votes not to increase health funding for veterans. He doesn't like veterans, and veterans don't like him. He received a Grade D from the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, a 20% grade from the Disabled Veterans of America, and generally votes against veterans interests in key votes. So please stop peddling the notion that McCain is the veterans choice, he isn't, and most veterans with any sense who aren't brainwashed recognise that McCain is not on their side. Why don't you?

Oh, attribution, from which I condensed the above post and which also nails McCain's lies on the subject:
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/08/...s-award-redux/
You have no basis for your extrapolating the dissatisfaction with McCain of a few veterans as if it applied to all, or even a majority of, veterans.

The Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America is a fringe leftist group of anti-war folks, very much in the mold of John Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War. IMHO, they'd give the most pro-veteran candidate in the world a D if he were to have an '(R)' after his name. I don't know anything about the other group you mentioned.

In 2004, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (which is, I believe, the largest veterans organization in the US) endorsed McCain for his Senate run:

<added>Sorry, I forgot to note -- this link is to a PDF file rather than a regular web page.</added>
http://www.vfw.org/pdf/endorsements2004.pdf?SITE=VFW

If McCain were as unpopular with veterans (myself included) as you claim he is, he never would received that endorsement.

Last edited by Bob Barr; 09-23-2008 at 05:54 AM.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
v7n Mentor

The Disabled American Veterans group has 1.4 million members. That's no small number. Are they all dissatisfied fringe leftists? I doubt it. Dissatisfied, yes. Fringe leftists? 1.4 million isn't a 'fringe'. If I was in the mood, I'd accuse you of disrespecting heroes but I've just had a pretty good sandwich so I'll leave it for the mo

Fair call on the Veterans of Foreign Wars PDF, (they have 1.6 million members) however since '04, Mcain has voted against increasing veterans benefits for 4 years on the trot. I'm sure he has his reasons, whatever they are. Anyhow, I sniffed around and he even goes so far as to try and take credit for a Bill he opposed, and which the Veterans of Foreign Wars were very much 'pro' on.
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/18/...-vfw-response/

I think I'm calling it pretty much correctly.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:59 AM
v7n Mentor

I have no facts to base this opinion on, however, I am wondering if it is possible that those that oppose particular bills that introduce very good looking increases in funding for departments or very appropriate legislation gets voted against by some because there are unadvertised additions to the bill that make the bill to heavy to approve?

An example would be several bills that were vetoed by President Bush for funding of the Iraq War that included millions or billions of dollars in spending in unrelated areas much of it pork and ear marks. As well as limiting legislation added without a vote.

We look at a yea or nay and don't take the time to actually read the full details of the bill. This is acting on incomplete information. I am not saying that this is absolutely the case. But I would venture to suspect that it is extremely likely to be the case at least in several instances. And this holds true for the voting records of every Senator and Congressman. The full implications of what it is they voted on should be considered not just the highlight of what someone wants to look at. Wouldn't you agree?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues