Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Do you think President Bush was a "good" president? - Question for McCain supporters

This question seems to be shutting up a lot of McCain supporters on other forums so I thought I might ask it here. Do you think President Bush was a good president? Yes or no?

Last edited by gregdavidson; 09-21-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
v7n Mentor

Simply go back to the post I responded with here

http://www.v7n.com/forums/politics/9...vp-does-2.html

You give me your reasons you think he isn't
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Why don't you ask 70% of the American people (including yourself) and you'll get your response. You should also ask yourself why you support somebody who wants to run things EXACTLY like President Bush. It's kind of like how Donald Trump is supporting McCain even though he said that president Bush was the worst president we've ever had! But then again Donald Trump is friends with McCain and refused to use the word "endorsed".

Old 09-21-2008, 04:32 PM
v7n Mentor

Either start backing up your statements with fact or stop talking, I asked you a question and all you can do is duck out of it. Facts please or the discussion is over and you are useless as a speaker.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You are blind my friend. One thing you can do right now is go to the gas pumps. Do you like the price you see????!!!!

Old 09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
v7n Mentor

Who is it that is stopping the off shore drilling and energy reform package? That would be Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats. President Bush actually removed the band of off shore drilling on the Executive side and the prices did go down when he did. Again, back up what you are attempting to state with fact or don't make statements.
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
You are blind my friend. One thing you can do right now is go to the gas pumps. Do you like the price you see????!!!!
I don't like the price at the pumps - it's risen quite significantly since the Democrats took over congress after the 2006 elections. It has fallen back a bit, though, since GWB rescinded the executive order that banned drilling a month or so ago.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

LOL!!! No wonder why you support McCain................and Bush.

http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...815884,00.html

Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe you can make a vote toll on this thread if Bush is a good president or not.
But based on what had happened on America's economy I guess there is a minor
(if you really called it minor)
problem with his term. It's just my thought..

Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
This question seems to be shutting up a lot of McCain supporters on other forums so I thought I might ask it here. Do you think President Bush was a good president? Yes or no?
I think President George Bush will go down in history as one of the greatest presidents there ever were. Why, you may ask? Well because his actions averted WWIII. A lot of people don't give him his due credit for this. By doing so he has save a lot more lives that a World War would create. Even in America. Just think about it, the September 11 attacks happened not too long after he was elected.

You know in the past we had one President who after the Pearl Harbor was bombed involeved America into WWII by bombing Japan. More people were lost in the September 11 attcks than at Pearl Horbor. So Bush did the complete opposite in my opinion. He didn't just start bombing people that could have start WWIII. No, first he went on a terrorist hunt and also went looking for weapons of mass destruction.

Of course he found none, but we're not in a World War now are we? A lot of people do not support the war on terrorism today, but it's far better than a World War. So for that, I commend President Bush. That was some good quick thinking on his part. Something that is required by great leaders and he did very well being fairly new to office.

About John McCain, I actually did not vote for him. I voted for Ron Paul because he wanted to start rebuilding America. To fix the problems at home is what is needed now. He wanted to stay out of foreign affairs for a while to make our country stronger. To become a true example of a strong united country for the others to follow. I think only Ron Paul could have become a better President. But now we will have to see who can or will.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
v7n Mentor

The price of gas was over $4 a gallon before the President removed the executive ban on offshore drilling and proposed returning the choice to the states where it should be in the first place. The price of gas has not been there since. Except for a few areas during a gouging incident as hurricane Ike approached the Texas coast.

Quote:
RUSH: Last night and today, we finally have an issue, an issue that represents a goal for the United States of America: energy independence, drilling for our own oil and our own natural gas. Finally, the president of the United States is willing to lead the charge on this. I know you can say, "Yeah, where has he been the last seven years?" He actually has proposed drilling in ANWR. He hasn't gone all the way, but he finally has now.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...108.guest.html

Quote:
In urging Congress to remove the ban, the current President Bush pledged to work with lawmakers on new rules "to facilitate responsible offshore exploration." That includes giving states a say in whether companies can drill off their shores and working to "ensure the environment is protected."

A group of 10 bipartisan senators — organized by Kent Conrad, D-N.D., and Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga. — has called for an energy summit. In a letter to the leaders of both parties, the senators said, "We know that developing this legislation may take us beyond our usual policy preferences, but the American people deserve our mutual commitment to act."

Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., whose state is a major oil producer, supports lifting the ban. She said Bush should have acted earlier and "not waited until the waning days of his presidency."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...drilling_N.htm

Quote:
Natural gas and bio-fuels are the only domestic energy sources used for transportation.
Cleaner

Natural gas is the cleanest transportation fuel available today.

According to the California Energy Commission, critical greenhouse gas emissions from natural gas are 23% lower than diesel and 30% lower than gasoline.

Natural gas vehicles (NGV) are already available and combine top performance with low emissions. The natural gas Honda Civic GX is rated as the cleanest production vehicle in the world.
http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Individualist

Quote:
I think Greg is just confused. He thinks Liberals want to lower gas prices, when they are actually promoting higher gas prices. Amonst Liberals the ideal gas price is around $8 a gallon.

http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/2006/...manifesto.html

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.co...gh-gas-prices/

If Greg does not know this, he just thinks he supports Obama but does not know enough to really be qualified to vote.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
v7n Mentor

I totally agree John
www.pchelper123.com

Old 09-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

So you all think President Bush was a great president????? You can't deny it because you're making up all this nonsense that you know is false and doesn't make sense. Democrats wanting to raise gas prices?????!!!!!!! Hey Scott, wasn't a Democrat in office when you were paying $.65 a gallon??? Or let me guess, if you admit to the TRUTH you'd be supporting Obama? You guys must be one of the 1 out of 5 households that will benefit from voting for John McCain because there's no other reason to vote for him. Even if I was making over $250,000 a year I still wouldn't support McCain because he's a confused, stubborn, flip-flopping, war-loving Republican that will lead this country to its end. I'm sure you guys will agree with me when there are Russian troops knocking on your doors to take your families away.

Last edited by gregdavidson; 09-21-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Democrats wanting to raise gas prices?
I said "Liberals", not Democrats. Democrats do tend to be Liberal, but not 100%.

And yes, they do want to raise gasoline prices in order to reduce gasoline usage. A fact you would know if you had bothered to read the links I posted.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
wasn't a Democrat in office when you were paying $.65 a gallon???
There was also a Democrat in office in the late 1970s when I was waiting in hour-long gas lines hoping that the station wouldn't run out. My real worry was that I couldn't even try to buy gas the next day because of the odd-even rationing system based on my license plate number.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Are you referring to Richard Nixon? Wasn't he a Republican? Or hang on, that was early 70's so let's just ignore that one!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Do you think President Bush was a "good" president? - Question for McCain supporters
Better than some, worse than most.

Ron Paul would make a great president. Obama would make a scary, scary, very scary president.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well, you're on the right track there. However, I think McCain should come after Obama on your list of best candidates. BTW Palin is already making threats towards Russia before she's even elected into office!! Can we really afford to go to war with such a powerful country?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Well, you're on the right track there. However, I think McCain should come after Obama on your list of best candidates. BTW Palin is already making threats towards Russia before she's even elected into office!! Can we really afford to go to war with such a powerful country?

Seriously, dude, try not to be so stupid. Palin did not threaten war. She said in the hypothetical situation presented, she would honor our treaties.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues