Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers

Dedicated Servers Dedicated server help.

Share |
Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Organizing websites on a dedicated server with Cpanel

I'd like to know if anyone can further explain the difference of administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners on Cpanel.

I have several sites on my server and i'm trying to get them organized. I am not in the hosting business and all this is new to me. I have a web development company and host sites for my clients only. My clients are not resellers (they do not resell host service). My clients are organizations that own several websites. My mission is to organize my server by Organization and assign admin rights to that particular organization for only the sites they own.

And in the event I must subcontract someone to perform a particular job on a clients website I can grant the vendor ftp access to only that site in particular and the vendor only have access to that 1 site not all sites owned by that organization.

With this being said I need to understand if these organizations that own several sites be created as a administrators or resellers or end-user website owners

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Banned

I believe they are definitions of the Cpanel and I would recommend you ask this question on their support forums

Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Smile

It is recommended that you consider cPanel control panel with a Hosting package/Server as cPanel makes it easier for you to manage your Server. Basically, it involves features which will allow you to manage your Domains, Email accounts, Websites, Important files, FTP accounts, Security, Databases, Applications etc.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers