Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers

Dedicated Servers Dedicated server help.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned

When do clients need dedicated server?

If your sites needs more than a shared hosting plan or if you want to have some special requirements then dedicated server is the right choice for you. you can install whatever software and programs you wish and the server is only dedicated to you.

Anyone one agree with me!!!!!!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Yea. Thats pretty much the summary of it :L
Not sure what you are trying to achieve from the post though

Old 11-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS - Conor View Post
Not sure what you are trying to achieve from the post though
Yeah, I was thinking same ! Could have elaborated more.

One may not need to directly jump into dedicated servers if they want to install their own softwares. Dedicated servers are comparatively very expensive. So, if want to have your own software installed, you can opt for VPS or cloud hosting which are comparatively cheaper and gives you an advantage of dedicated servers.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Dedicated server is the most powerful thing that you can have in web hosting. Only downside of it is the cost involved. In general scenario you don't need a dedicated server. You may never use its resources completely or even a part of it. So, its wise to choose VPS, if your clients are asking for dedicated servers. VPS provides you the same thing as that of a dedicated servers. Cost is also manageable. Also, these days cloud hosting are also popular for the reason that they can be scaled as per the need to any extent.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Contributing Member

Nowdays you have very powerful servers at datacenters around the world which give you a virtual server solutions. These servers are very powerful and it does not matter even if those physical servers are shared by many. I might have totally agreed to your point maybe 10 years back but not now as I have real life experience in working with datacenters and cloud computing. It really depends on the hosting sites server capacity and configuration for shared hosting. if they give you a low configuration then you are partially right but this is not really a technical problem but a marketing strategy to make people pay high for dedicated hosting.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:08 AM

In my view, if your website is getting good traffic and the existing host is not able to manage the traffic, then you can switch to the dedicated server.
And also If you also want to do the web hosting business

Old 12-04-2013, 05:46 AM

The same can be done with a VPS as well. It is upto the website's requirement to select whether a dedicated or a VPS.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers

Closed Thread