Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers

Dedicated Servers Dedicated server help.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-27-2015, 01:07 AM

The question is really not on "where to find affordable web site hosting plan?" but "how to find an affordable web site hosting plan?"

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2015, 01:42 AM

Go for a medium sizes company and I guarantee they will provide more personal help and be more willing to assist you in your needs.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Many big companies are using dedicated servers. It depends on your type of business and your budget. They are not cheap but data centers could be situated in different states or countries and price will be different. For one person or small companies VPS will be great decision.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 PM

Vps is limited to some extent go for dedi best hosting company is ovh cheap and reliable

I already using from one year so i recommned you to choose ovh

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-19-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Merged 2 posts.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:07 PM

You can achieve a lot on a VPS.

I would consider upgrading to a VPS and then reviewing after say 3 months.

Dedicated servers are powerful and will help you, however the reason your website may be running slow could be the amount of plugins you have installed.

Is it the server speed, or is it your design/ content/ plugins causing issues.

Try a VPS.

Best regards,
Andrew.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iedigcom View Post
Hi,

I need One Suggestion from Hosting Expert I have a Online Shopping Site Gudden-Online Shopping is currently running on Sheared Server i want to move its on Personal server but i don't have more idea about dedicated or VPS so please help me choose best server VPS or Dedicated and Why?

Thanks
There is a world of difference. VPS is a shared server with god knows who. You also never know who is on the server which can slow it down or cause issues.

You might as well just get shared hosting and have it run better. Most hosts allow resources for shared servers just like VPN.

A real dedicated server is just you on your own system.

Much faster, much safer, much better!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member

If you have a small web site and want to get dedicated server for that - it could be wrong way and will be very expensive solution. I want to say that you need to chose type of the hosting services based on your current needs and not just because something is better or worse.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah. For small sites use shared. But from when does dedicated server worth it?

Old 07-31-2015, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eletom View Post
Yeah. For small sites use shared. But from when does dedicated server worth it?
I think you will understand that yourself one day, or your web hosting provider will hint you about that. When you site is growing - you start getting more and more knowledge and by the moment you need to upgrade you will become a kind of expert.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneWHZ View Post
I think you will understand that yourself one day, or your web hosting provider will hint you about that. When you site is growing - you start getting more and more knowledge and by the moment you need to upgrade you will become a kind of expert.
Hehe. Sounds like the path of the Jedi

Old 08-04-2015, 04:00 AM

Depending on your needs, running on bare metal might be beneficial or not. I go dedicated if I have to squeeze out the maximum performance connection / bandwith wise.
VPSs make sense if your setup is modular and automated as you can spin them up quickly when you need them.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryc3 View Post
Depending on your needs, running on bare metal might be beneficial or not. I go dedicated if I have to squeeze out the maximum performance connection / bandwith wise.
VPSs make sense if your setup is modular and automated as you can spin them up quickly when you need them.
You are right. But at the some extend VPS is considered as just big shared hosting account. At least there is such a belief on WHT (from some old users).

Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 AM

In a common sense vps is really a big shared account, especially in terms of performance, but not flexibility and usability.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam View Post
In a common sense vps is really a big shared account, especially in terms of performance, but not flexibility and usability.
That depends on the VPS account and shared account you are trying to compare. If you need to have shared hosting use shared hosting if you need VPS - use VPS services.

Old 08-22-2015, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

Me too think you should go for Dedicated server hosting as it provides you with more features. And as you own an ecommerce site, its better to be cautious about site up-time and security in start so that it doesn't become a hassle to manage in future when you have thousands of customers visiting every minute.
Wish you good luck!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomanali View Post
Me too think you should go for Dedicated server hosting as it provides you with more features. And as you own an ecommerce site, its better to be cautious about site up-time and security in start so that it doesn't become a hassle to manage in future when you have thousands of customers visiting every minute.
Wish you good luck!
Dedicated server provider is just dedicated server provider.
If you need to have more space and security instruments you will need order services like DDos protected proxies and related from third party providers.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:21 AM

Another feature of the VPS is the ability to create sandboxes and honeypots. These are methods of testing software updates and features while keeping the main site secure. Your company uses one of its VPS partitions for its main site and another one as a backup.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:36 AM

my consideration is to buy a hosting from a company which is offering money back guarantee, so that you can test and trust in that period.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Contributing Member

Its depend on you need or requirements. If you are looking best private services than choose VPS if you want permanent server than go with Dedicated.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:42 PM
Banned

VPS will be enough for you. you can get the highly configured VPS now at low cost.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Dedicated Servers

Closed Thread