Server Performance Comments?
First of all, not sure if this is the right spot for this post, but I'll try anyway.
I have been toying with the idea of getting a dedicated server for a niche of developers but I would like advice/feedback in regards to the following possible specs:
Server: 2.8 GHz , 1 GB RAM, 2*80GB drives, decent connection (serverbeach.com).
- 50 to 75 sites, each accepting between 100 and 500 unique visiors daily
- each site will make a heavy use of PHP and database access
- 1GB space dedicated to each site
- 15 GB/Mo tranfer allowance for each site.
- performance doesn't need to be stellar but acceptable
Are the above realistic, given the proposed hardware? I know that statistically it should work but I would like to hear some real life stories.
What are the server specs for this BBS? What kind of traffic? How many posts on avg. per day?
I will appreciate any comments.
In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.