The Design Contest forum is taken very seriously because it involves the direct exchanging of money. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules before you post a contest and enter a contest.
For the Contest Holder:
For the Participants:
- 1. The minimum contest prize here at V7N is: $25
- 2. All contests held at V7, must be exclusive to V7. If your contest is open to other forums or is being held at your site, do not post it here.
- 3. A winner must be chosen from the submissions posted on this forum.
- 4. When setting up a Design Contest always address the following in your first post:
-Color, size, required format, DPI (if applicable).
-Contest End date.
-A clearly stated prize
-Method of payment. PayPal? Money Order - etc. Prizes other than money are not acceptable. You may not use self-monotizing gifts of services or products as a method of payment.
- 5. Extensions will not be granted. When you set the deadline, that is the deadline. Period.
- 6. Theft of any entry will result in account suspension and legal action. As the contest holder you have no rights to the entries until you have paid for them. This includes 'testing out the entry on your site'. If you want to see how it looks, ask that the entries be posted within your website layout.
- 7. Do not request changes that go above and beyond your prize. If you are holding a contest for the minimum amount, expect the minimum amount of effort and entries. If there is a design you like and you are willing to buy it with some changes, contact the artists and ask them if they would be willing to work with you to perfect it.
- 8. Failure to announce a winner after the targeted contest end date will result in a perm. ban from this forum. You must follow your thread and stay active in it. Mention a time frame after end date for when you will announce the winner. You miss this date you are banned. No excuse's made
- 1/ All participants are encouraged to upload their entries as an attachment to their posts using the "Go Advanced" button. Participants should never be required to submit to a third party site.
- 2/ After contest close, users have the option to use the report post feature to request the removal of their entry.
- 3/ Don't over do your effort. Make one design and if the contest holder likes it and wants changes, make sure they are buying it before you do them.
- 4/ Watermark you work.
- 5/ Layout your entry onto a screenshot of the page. Especially usefull for headers, banners and logos.
- 6/ By entering the contest, you agree to the payment amount and method outlined by the contest holder.
Copyright is always a touchy subject but here it's fairly simple:
A V7N user that submits any artwork for any contest is herein refered to as 'the creator' and 'creator'.
All submitted works to a contest are herein refered to as 'the entry' and 'entry' and 'entries'.
A V7N user who holds a contest for prize is herein refered to as the 'the contest holder'
- A 'creator' retains all legal ownership of all of their submitted 'entries' until such time as 'the creator' transfered ownership of said 'entry' to 'the contest holder'.
- Copyrights and legal ownership of a winning 'entry' can only be transfered after prize payment had been made.
- Until such time as 'the creator' has transfered legal ownership of a winning 'entry' to 'the contest holder', 'the contest holder' has no rights to claim 'the entry' as their own or use 'the entry' in any manner which suggest ownership of said 'entry' by 'the contest holder'.
- All copyrights are retained by 'the creator' of all none-winning entries when 'the contest holders' contest has ended.