Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Design Contests

Design Contests Want a website or graphics designed? Post your contest here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Purple baby female turtle...I can come up with something, I'm not sure whether you'll like my style or not but it can't hurt.

One other thing, must it be with an egg shell and grassy field? I think I can capture the message you want to send with this graphic another way, colorful and attractive just not so corny and clip arty, let me know and i'll start working on it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by moni View Post
Purple baby female turtle...I can come up with something, I'm not sure whether you'll like my style or not but it can't hurt.

One other thing, must it be with an egg shell and grassy field? I think I can capture the message you want to send with this graphic another way, colorful and attractive just not so corny and clip arty, let me know and i'll start working on it.
No harm in trying. Thanks.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Zap, even though i stated in the PM that id rather wait till you were happy before posting this publicly, I think it's only fair for everyone else that they see my entry, might help them in improving theirs, might even ward off potential competitors in future contests? win - win for me.

As i said before in the PM, it's a digital illustration, scaled down of course, I can hook you up with different bg's. I could simply vectorize it but if you're in a hurry for this project to be completed then I'll just mention i vanish sometimes due to deadlines ad stuff, just don't want to end up keeping you hanging and all.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo'D View Post
Ok heres my submition
Looks a little rough.
If you like i will clean everything up
And also add some shades if you like.
Shades etc.

How sad. I recall Zap posting he wanted ORIGINAL work in his post
I'm sure Mark Chun would be offended to see you destroyed his illustration and chopped it up turning it into something a first grader could have done using MSPaint.

This is the original illustration you ripped. Shame.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Also, so as not to accuse chaka42 of anything, I have seen something very very similar online before, I'll look for it (i'm good at finding things - design related) it may turn out to be something a little similar is all, so not trying to jump to conclusions at all, similar concepts should also be avoided for copyright issues so this will help either way. chaka42, no offence intended btw, just trying to bring something to your attention.

But in all honesty, someone with the art skills chaka42 has in creating that turtle could have done a better job with the egg shell execution, just my 2cents. Again, no offense intended just bringing this to everyones attention, as I mentioned to Zap in my PM prior to my findings, I'm not doing this for money, simply to contribute in providing children with a nice book to read

Old 03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Evo'D from Evolved Designs steals designs and calls them his own

Evo'D wtf man!? What is wrong with you?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
How sad. I recall Zap posting he wanted ORIGINAL work in his post
I'm sure Mark Chun would be offended to see you destroyed his illustration and chopped it up turning it into something a first grader could have done using MSPaint.

This is the original illustration you ripped. Shame.
Wow! Flabbergasted!
I can't thank you enough for bringing this to my attention, Moni.

I can't stress enough how important it is that this be an original creation.
The reason this book even exists and the reasons for publishing it are very personal, but it is very important to me that there is no BS associated with this book.
I know chaka42's reputation from other forums and know her to be a straight shooter.
I would need to see proof that she has plagarized another's work before I would even entertain the notion that it took place.

Evo'D is disqualified and no longer welcome to submit to this project.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
Wow! Flabbergasted!
I can't thank you enough for bringing this to my attention, Moni.

I can't stress enough how important it is that this be an original creation.
The reason this book even exists and the reasons for publishing it are very personal, but it is very important to me that there is no BS associated with this book.
I know chaka42's reputation from other forums and know her to be a straight shooter.
I would need to see proof that she has plagarized another's work before I would even entertain the notion that it took place.

Evo'D is disqualified and no longer welcome to submit to this project.
As i said, i'm not at all accusing chaka42 or even hinting at that she/he might have been inspired by someone else's work, only stating that even though there maybe so many ways to draw/create a purple turtle, I have seen something similar. I'll bring it to your attention once I find the link.

I posted my work for similar reasons as those you stated int he PM, good luck to all other contestants.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Hey there Zap
I AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT.
And to anyone else that i have offended. I have alot of illustrations/ animations on my pc, and i couldnt tell if that was one of mine. As we all know some designers use old work to re-create new.
I am really sorry i could not tell, if you will give me another shot, ill design something from scratch but my intentions were not in copyrighting that.

I actually thank moni for researching because i would have been in alot of trouble for that.
If you accept my apology i will do something from scratch but if you already have a potential winner i will not hold anything against your decision.

Once again my deepest apologies.
Any mod please delete my images.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Well I could tell it was not yours because of how you hacked at it to add the egg, sun and other MSpain BS. If anyone's buying your retarded excuse I feel sorry for them. Anyway, no harm done as it was brought to Zap's attention soon enough.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Well you certainly are the most rudest guy alive.
Honestly.
And yes you its not the same colours because those colours are illustrated colours.
I added it in PS CS3 to add backround effects, thats why the colours are not bold ugg.

Dont try be smart.
Think.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Well you certainly are the most rudest guy alive.
Honestly.
And yes you its not the same colours because those colours are illustrated colours.
I added it in PS CS3 to add backround effects, thats why the colours are not bold ugg.

Dont try be smart.
Think.
Don't insult my intelligence, look at the quality of the riped graphic and the crap you added. It's obvious ok?

Out of respect for Zap and his topic I'll refrain from replying to anymore of your drivel.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
... have alot of illustrations/ animations on my pc, and i couldnt tell if that was one of mine...
Puh-leeeease... I have gigbaytes of images and animations. I guarantee you, I can recall the workflow for each and every one of them. Nevermind having multiple versions of them. Going back many years!

Sorry man, that excuse doesn't cut it. You deliberately used the image from that site as a base to produce your entry into this contest.

Last edited by Kream; 03-08-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Wow i can show you some of my work that can prove my statement.
But nether the less im fighting a loosing battle

Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Evo: Here's the reality of the situation. I can not move forward with any design you offer, confident in the notion that it is an original work.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I completely understand.
I hope in future you will all see my work.
And this wont happen again.
Really sorry.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
v7n Mentor

That's really a shame, knowing that Zap stated that it must be an ORIGINAL design.

Anyway, I like the second entry. Looks really fine for me.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Big Green Help

Quote:
But in all honesty, someone with the art skills chaka42 has in creating that turtle could have done a better job with the egg shell execution, just my 2cents. Again, no offense intended just bringing this to everyones attention, as I mentioned to Zap in my PM prior to my findings, I'm not doing this for money, simply to contribute in providing children with a nice book to read
Thanks for the input moni. I do appreciate feedback from peers, however, I must say, you've created quite a stir. I agree that the eggshell could use more work, heck, most of the piece could use more work, but I allot a certain amount of time for work considering the cost associated with it.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Big Green Help

I went ahead and made some revisions to the design. It's not much different, just worked more on shading and highlights to add more depth to the idea.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Big Green Help

I'm including my initial sketches for this:

Zap, if you like any of the others, I'd be happy to put those in digital format.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Design Contests

Closed Thread