Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Digital Photography Forum Focuses on digital photography from a web development standpoint, such as tips for better product photography, lighting, optimizing photographs for web use, best digital camera choices, etc. Additionally, we encourage you to show off your personal shots!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:34 PM
littleFella's Avatar
littleFella littleFella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Contest Prpopsal #213-XA3/921

I like the photo contest now in progress and I would like to see more. People have a lot of interesting stuff to share.,

The thing though is that, being a littleFella, I like things littler. Therefore I would like all (or at least who make decisions here) to consider future contests to be more thematic. Perhaops make them monthly.

For instance:

Obejcts in motion
Sunsets
Water
Water in motion
Vehicles
Cute things (I can post my photo then)
Kids
Animals etc, etc.

These are just examples. You get the idea.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:35 PM
SVB's Avatar
SVB SVB is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 3,112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Trees.
I agree with the theme thing aswell.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:51 PM
joecacia's Avatar
joecacia joecacia is offline
Lebanese Princess
 
Join Date: 05-09-06
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 2,114
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Great Idea, I like this. It is really cool and interesting.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If I run more photo contests for the tech blog, I can do this
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Heather's Avatar
Heather Heather is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Great idea, littleFella!
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 PM
BinkyMelnik's Avatar
BinkyMelnik BinkyMelnik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-06-06
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 435
iTrader: 0 / 0%
littleFella:

If people upload photos of kids, then I'm gonna upload photos of vomit.

Quote:
In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
*That* I love, though!
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkyMelnik
littleFella:

If people upload photos of kids, then I'm gonna upload photos of vomit.



*That* I love, though!
Whoa, what's your problem with kids?
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 AM
DaveyBoy's Avatar
DaveyBoy DaveyBoy is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: England.
Posts: 3,885
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah kids are cool and always make for class pics

In fact, a lot of kids pics usually have vomit in em anyway
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 AM
SVB's Avatar
SVB SVB is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 3,112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Small children scare me
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-13-2006, 08:36 AM
joecacia's Avatar
joecacia joecacia is offline
Lebanese Princess
 
Join Date: 05-09-06
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 2,114
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
Small children scare me
why?
I have two, and they are not scary
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 AM
gaz545's Avatar
gaz545 gaz545 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Posts: 132
iTrader: 0 / 0%
err... i wouldn't advise doing a cartegory with kids in it, as you have to be really carefull when photographing small children, you can get it loads of trouble just for uploading them to the net.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 AM
MrMean MrMean is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-03-04
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 232
iTrader: 0 / 0%
only if there naked lol
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:18 AM
gaz545's Avatar
gaz545 gaz545 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Posts: 132
iTrader: 0 / 0%
No seriously. any kind of picture, you have to have a signed consent form from the parent/guardian to use them publicy, or post them on the net.

there was a big hype about it on the news a few months ago...
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 AM
littleFella's Avatar
littleFella littleFella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz545
No seriously. any kind of picture, you have to have a signed consent form from the parent/guardian to use them publicy, or post them on the net.

there was a big hype about it on the news a few months ago...
I thought that legality of the uploaded material was understood without any debate. You can get in trouble for uploading an unauthorized photo whether it depicts a kid or a broom.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:25 AM
joecacia's Avatar
joecacia joecacia is offline
Lebanese Princess
 
Join Date: 05-09-06
Location: USA, CT
Posts: 2,114
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Smile

Look at my Angels, these are both of my kids, Joe-Michael, and Cacia.
Three years and half, for my Joe, and One year and a half for my Cacia.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JoeCacia.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	3300  
 
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
gaz545's Avatar
gaz545 gaz545 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Posts: 132
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
I thought that legality of the uploaded material was understood without any debate. You can get in trouble for uploading an unauthorized photo whether it depicts a kid or a broom.
Is that legality implied by the forum? or from where your from.

because here in england (i don't know where ur located) you have to have a signed released form for any human model where they be 23 or 3 years of age. it's unlikly you will get in serious trouble if you don't have one for a 23 year old, but for a 3 year old there could be server consquences. if you take a photo of a broom you don't need to have a realse form to upload it on the net. do you?
 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-13-2006, 09:44 AM
littleFella's Avatar
littleFella littleFella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-20-04
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz545
Is that legality implied by the forum? or from where your from.

because here in england (i don't know where ur located) you have to have a signed released form for any human model where they be 23 or 3 years of age. it's unlikly you will get in serious trouble if you don't have one for a 23 year old, but for a 3 year old there could be server consquences. if you take a photo of a broom you don't need to have a realse form to upload it on the net. do you?
The legality of the posted material can be a tricky issue I admit. It is potentially governed by the nationality of the site's owner, the nationality of the poster, the location of the servers, posters and site owners.

I'm pretty sure I can legally post a photo of my child (given that it complies with all kinds of laws prtecting children. On the other hand, if I take a photo of a broom, and then you post it without my persmisson I could sue you

Whataver I listed as possible themes as just that - possible themes. I threw in a general idea about photo contests.
 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-13-2006, 10:13 AM
gaz545's Avatar
gaz545 gaz545 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-01-06
Posts: 132
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleFella
The legality of the posted material can be a tricky issue I admit. It is potentially governed by the nationality of the site's owner, the nationality of the poster, the location of the servers, posters and site owners.

I'm pretty sure I can legally post a photo of my child (given that it complies with all kinds of laws prtecting children. On the other hand, if I take a photo of a broom, and then you post it without my persmisson I could sue you

Whataver I listed as possible themes as just that - possible themes. I threw in a general idea about photo contests.
Well that goes with any legality regarding the internet.
of course you can. it's your child, and your photo.
and of course, it's not my photo, :p
 
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-13-2006, 11:55 AM
BinkyMelnik's Avatar
BinkyMelnik BinkyMelnik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-06-06
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 435
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Julie:

Quote:
what's your problem with kids?
Wow; where do I begin? They're sticky, dirty, screechy, fidgety, you can't take 'em to bars or nightclubs, their folks have fits if you smoke and drink with them, they can't hold up their end of a conversation, and they *totally* ruin the movie-going experience. (I went to see Requiem for a Dream at midnight to try to lessen that one, but noooooooo... stupid parents brought their toddlers to see Jennifer Connelly being violated in terrible ways anyway.)

My little sister had a baby eleven months ago; last time I saw him, he still didn't have any bones. He was just a bag of jelly which burped, farted, slept, and cried all the time, and you can't hold jelly. It's like mercury. I gather he's on his way to being a sentient being, but that's still another fourteen years away yet.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Such a downer. Kids are great. I got to see my b/f's brother's new baby for the first time the other day...she's such a cutie.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
another seo contest Dustin07 SEO Forum 12 03-06-2006 08:41 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC