Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Digital Photography Forum Focuses on digital photography from a web development standpoint, such as tips for better product photography, lighting, optimizing photographs for web use, best digital camera choices, etc. Additionally, we encourage you to show off your personal shots!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Contributing Member

Free images

Quote:
http://onehourprofessor.com/where-to...ebsite-images/
One of the first things that any small business owner wants to have when creating a website is images. For many, that just means going to Google, searching a keyword in Google images, copying the image, and pasting that to the website. Let me tell you that THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO GET IMAGES. Donít believe me? Have you ever been served with the dreadful Getty Images lawsuit letter? If you have already copy and pasted an image on your website, the letter could already be in the mail.

Cricket closed my scraped images thread before I could expand it...

I don't understand this insistence on using "found" images... When cameras are readily available...

But...
I think Thomas Paine could be appropriately quoted here:
Quote:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3767...uls-the-summer
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.
While he was referring to war... It isn't difficult to observe the principle in every day life.

@ Cricket...
Hope this expansion of the topic beyond the narrow focus of the previous thread is acceptable....

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone View Post
I don't understand this insistence on using "found" images... When cameras are readily available...
I don't understand the scenario, cameras are cheap, besides most people are taking picts with their cell phones, but refuse to take pictures for their own work. I take my own pictures and got better as time went by, even sold my photos, built my own collection and now my websites enjoy a solid, colorful and copyright free set of photos, all mine except from few guest writers using their own. It's more than 4 digits public (the images) and even more offline on my private hard disk.

The reasons I think people refuse to take their own pics and use other people work are:
  • They are lazy
  • They suck at taking pics
  • Are afraid, too doubtful of their own work
  • Or they just like yours even more...

Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As a video producer, graphic designer, 3D graphics artist, it would take too much time to create the stuff I need that needs photos with my own photos. So I buy them at photodune and then add them into my own design or work

Old 10-29-2014, 04:08 AM
Contributing Member

Stock photos and graphics are really cheap. It would take a whole lot of time and money to create the stuff thats available for few dollars.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

There's a bunch of sites that share very good pictures for free. You must only link to them in your blog/web.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

imgur.com is good site

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Closed Thread