Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Digital Photography Forum Focuses on digital photography from a web development standpoint, such as tips for better product photography, lighting, optimizing photographs for web use, best digital camera choices, etc. Additionally, we encourage you to show off your personal shots!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Question Where to source images for website design

I would like to know where I should source my images online. Of course quality and library size is vitally important but if at all possible it does need to be cost effective.

I thought no better place to ask then on V7N and I am too guessing this is the correct section to put it in?

I have been searching around online and its seems free stock images are of poor quality and lacking in variation and quantity. The paid ones from what I have seen also seen quite expensive?

What do you all suggest on this matter

Thanks in advance
Jordan

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I usually avoid free graphics for 2 reasons - they're usually low quality (as you've found), or if they're decent quality, I fear they've been scraped from a paid site and I'd rather be legit.

I'm currently using bigstockphoto.com and istockphoto.com. Both sites offer most images in several resolutions - you can usually get away with the lowest res for web stuff. istockphoto seems to have better photographers, but also carries higher price tags on some of the images, so I usually check bigstockphoto first.

Prices vary by image, but most are very reasonable. They also offer subscriptions which might work better for you, but I just buy credits then spend them when I want.

Re: correct place for this question - yes, I think so?? LOL Sometimes I'm not sure either - some questions are harder to categorize than others. If a more experienced moderator thinks it fits better in another forum they'll move it for you, no worries.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 AM

I've also used both sites bigstockphoto.com & istockphoto.com to get many images in several resolutions. Really these sites are so nice.

[Removed fake sig]

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 06-24-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Contributing Member

try fotolia.com

Old 01-06-2015, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

You can search free vector and psd images at this source www.all-free-download.com then combine them in way of your creation Have fun

Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by giadinhhugo2014 View Post
You can search free vector and psd images at this source www.all-free-download.com then combine them in way of your creation Have fun
I've used a few vectors from that site - lots of free stuff to choose from, but the quality varies greatly. Definitely worth bookmarking tho.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

For the equivalent of about $4 per image Bigstock photo is worth a look. I've been using them for the last couple years and have not been disappointed in terms of the variety and quality - price is pretty darn good too.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt View Post
I've used a few vectors from that site - lots of free stuff to choose from, but the quality varies greatly. Definitely worth bookmarking tho.
Yes, Thanks for your interesting !
And one awesome place that we should not ignore that is www.flaticon.com where I found almost everything for designing icons for web design and app.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum