Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum

Digital Photography Forum Focuses on digital photography from a web development standpoint, such as tips for better product photography, lighting, optimizing photographs for web use, best digital camera choices, etc. Additionally, we encourage you to show off your personal shots!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-22-2014, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Time Saving Apps

Starting a Photography Website Without Knowledge of Photography

Hi Guys

I am planning to start a photography website as a hobby but the problem is i have nothing knowledge about the photography.

I am starting this website because before completing my web designing course i wanted to make a photography website.

So come to the point i want to know that which camera should i buy for the professional photography but it should be in the budget and if you can provide me any good article link where i can read at least basics of photography.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

With friendship I say your question certainly confirms your lack of experience.

The term professional is often misused. Chance are you are not going to spend the 20k or more USD that a true pro has invested. What you seek is what the average person calls pro quality or near pro quality images. That requires a DSLR and either a series of lenses or a few of high quality.

Each person who responds is going to tell you that their brand is the best. Nikon and Canon will be the 2 most mentioned brands. They are not the only brands. My DSLR is neither though I do own a Canon P&S.

The catch 22 is you won't know what equipment you need until you get some experience and you can't get any experience until you have some equipment. My advice for people who can't answer "what type photos" is to reply a DSLR 1-2 steps above the base entry point for the brand and a kit (kit means sold as a package with the camera) zoom lens; either an 18-55 or 18-135. Use that lens until you identify a clear desire and need for more or better.

Somewhere around $600 USD is about the minimum you need to spend to get your feet wet. The brand is up to you but if you but I hope you will consider the Pentax K-30 and lens (for a little less than that) as I think it offers the most bang for your buck.

More questions?

Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Don't forget to join Cricket's Facebook group.

http://www.v7n.com/forums/digital-ph...ml#post1943967

Check out Darren's blog. http://digital-photography-school.com/

Sman said it all above.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:36 AM

I suggest you to start with a Canon Rebel T3i or T4i, very nice specs, and affordable price for a DSLR.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Digital Photography Forum