Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Domain Name Forum Discuss or get help with domain name issues. Ask for suggestions, etc.

Share |
Old 11-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Christian domains

I have two domains, aboveprint.com & wisesee.com, I would like to sell them as Christian domains, any idea?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Contributing Member

These domain names don't sound very Christian to me. aboveprint sounds like a newsblog and wisesee like.... something.... else .... at any rate not like something Christian.

Well, you could add some christian content, or something that makes it tempting for your Christian people.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 AM

Christian domains

aboveprint would also mean prints above others, and that means holy words. wisesee would mean also what wise people (Preachers, great thinkers ect.) see when they look at things but thank you for your observation

Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor

I suppose "above print" could mean "printing from above" as in printing from the heavens.

Still, I think the domain better fits some type of advertising/office supplies selling site.

Wisesee is rather odd sounding. It would be OK for blogs on a lot of subjects though.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 AM

Christian domains

general agreement that aboveprint.com is a Christian domain but wisesee.com ...........well, according to WordReference forums, WISE SEE is sensing something before it happens in other words, prophesying -you are wise seeing, sensing something before it happens

Last edited by rwaprint; 11-04-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: to correct some words

Old 11-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

AbovePrint doesn't look to be very Christian. I think a little revising and maybe better domain names should be your priority. Sure maybe a good amount of Christians will understand but the majority is the public who will not know.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM

Aboveprint.com, why is this good for a christian site? If it's good for anything, that's an advertising company. Wisesee is also not that appropriate for a christian site.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

Based on the number of people in this thread that have questioned the connection, it's probably safe to assume that those domain names aren't specifically Christian related.
If you want to sell them as Christian domain names you will probably get a better selling price for them if you develop them as Christian-content websites first.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpipe View Post
Based on the number of people in this thread that have questioned the connection, it's probably safe to assume that those domain names aren't specifically Christian related.
If you want to sell them as Christian domain names you will probably get a better selling price for them if you develop them as Christian-content websites first.
Sorry, but I don't agree. The content is not the only one important. If he wants, he can sell the content as Christian-related, but not the domain too. If I were to own, per say, hotcoffee.com and have the content related to cars, I couldn't sell the domain as car-related, right?

Old 12-04-2011, 05:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeving View Post
Sorry, but I don't agree. The content is not the only one important. If he wants, he can sell the content as Christian-related, but not the domain too. If I were to own, per say, hotcoffee.com and have the content related to cars, I couldn't sell the domain as car-related, right?
Sure you could. Your success would depend on how much effort you out into branding it as car related...for example: "Starbucks" referred to something owned by a character in the novel Moby Dick for a long time before it referred to hot coffee, yet the general public would associate starbucks.com with hot coffee because they have branded the term to the concept so well.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM

I'm not sure how you can market or spin that in terms of Christian.. To do so you'd have to develop a marketing campaign for the buyer because the typical buyer won't value those in a Christian sense. Effectively you will have to provide a branding package to show how these dotcoms will be valuable in the Christian market segment.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum