Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Domain Name Forum Discuss or get help with domain name issues. Ask for suggestions, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM

thousands of high end domains

I have access to thousands of domains (ex baseballgames.com) and many are spot on for a niche site.

My question is:
What can I do with these besides sell/auction...Have you ever heard of "leasing" a domain?

Another avenue is to build out a site based on the domain and relevant keywords and sell the package a s turnkey business.

Please, any thoughts/ideas are GREATLY appreciated.

Paul

Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Your Viable options are

A.) Quick Flips - This is when you resell a domain fast for a low profit margin to another reseller and let them worry about finding end users.

B.) End User Flip - This is when you do the hours of research to locate the perfect end users that will pay a higher price for the domain. Note: Finding the right end user can sometimes take months or even years. This is a long hold decision that may require you pay renewal fee's till they sell.

C.) Quick Developed Flip - This is when you develop the domain into a website (unique or turnkey) and then sell it to a reseller for a low profit margin.

D.) Developed End user flip - This is when you develop a site, monetize it, add analytics tracking to it, Promote it for 3 - 6 months to build up the stats, then locate an end user to buy it that will pay more. This may take a while and sometimes you may end up having to pay renewals till you find the right end user to buy.

E.) Revenue Network - this is when you develop sites, cross promote them with each other, Monetize them to generate revenue, promote them, and keep them for yourself to generate reoccurring ad revenue each month.

No matter what you decide to do with your domains, there's always a way to make a profit off them if you do it right. Keep in mind that even if you are dealing with low profit quick sales, a profit is a profit and every sale adds up.

Eric Lyon

Old 11-28-2011, 06:46 AM

Sell it. Leasing a domain name is not worth it.

PS: I can see scorpion's post is very informative.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Sell it - I've seen a successful business develop a turnkey high PR, old .com, and cold call businesses pitching the benefits. Build your own market.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 AM

Give me one for free, will you? he he he just kidding but if you want let me know... I`ll be ready accept the domains as my birthday Gift.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Latest Blog:
None

A quick flip is easiest with the least effort if the domains are as good as your example. You can still get a lot of money for good domains. The decision is which auction site to use.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

the best way is to place use auction site. If you've a traffic to your website domain name then I'd suggest you to place a notice about the sale.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You can position them or park them for ads. That is a good way to make some monthly income. If it were me though, I would just auction and sell them off. You get more of the money upfront.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Closed Thread