Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Domain Name Forum Discuss or get help with domain name issues. Ask for suggestions, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 AM

Exclamation Is GoDaddy Evil?

I know more about coding and web development than DNS stuff so I might be wrong about this but I think GoDaddy is a big scam. I was bored after transferring 2 of my 4 domains from godaddy so I decided to type in http://www.go****offdaddy.com into my browser and it redirected me to the real GoDaddy page. This might not necessarily have anything to do with Godaddy it is just a redirect like the dumb** who registered illuminati backwards and redirected it to nsa.gov. I did a whois on go****offdaddy.com and it pretty much looked like GoDaddy is the real owner of this domain along with the parked domain used for the registrant contact e-mail address jomax.net. It might be just another dumb*** redirecting their domains. What is your opinion?

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...**offdaddy.com

Last edited by snakeair; 01-05-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member

This is quite the conspiracy theory you have there. At the end of the day, they are a corporation and many corporations are corrupt with no care for clients.

They are losing clients by the day and it is their corporate policy that has jeopardized their growth in my opinion.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I'm not one of the cry babies and moving my domains off Godday. I'm staying with them.

What if your current web host does this same thing and domain register if you don't use godaddy already and they turn to the darkside and is for SOPA?

You would to move then?

If they change there mind like godaddy after a few days, will you move back?

This SOPA is tricky because no matter what a business does, the clients will be a bunch of babies and thinking that moving there domains or accounts elsewhere, the issue will go away for good. Godaddy still a strong business and will continue to make t.v ads, sponsor race cars and still be better then there competitors who don't do any marketing outside of the online world.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Well, Bob Parsons is part of the one percent.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:48 PM

I don't see GoDaddy as evil, I just see them as a corporation that is focused on making a profit. It wouldn't surprise me if GoDaddy reclaimed the domain from someone else who registered it and instead of just leaving it blank, they redirected it to their site - why not try and profit from it?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

No, just Bob Parsons.

People complain about them all the time. They have terrible customer service. blah blah blah

They may have terrible customer service, but you can't get domains any cheaper (with coupons).

I have been dealing with them since 2000. I have 500+ domains and a server. I only had to contact customer service once, and it did stink. I like Godaddy, regardless of their garbage. They work for me and what I am doing.

If you know what you are doing, and don't have to use customer service, they're great.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

I have been with them for many months now, going on a year almost, to be exact, and its been really cool. Even the Customer service was great, so I don't see them as evil.

Maybe they are just trying to make sure that their company name isn't used without their knowledge to do bad things.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
v7n Mentor

I just cant stand how slow and hard to navigate, their site is.

They arent evil.....they are simply just another large company that doesnt really care about account # 12726726789.

I prefer to pay a premium for small companies giving personal attention

Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 AM

I wouldnt say they are evil. I've used them along with a few hosts however and i would have to say their control panel is awful. Heart's is my favourite followed by cpanel.

Go daddy's is just horrid and once you login to their site, the user area is just unfriendly. I always seem to get lost

Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Nothing wrong with GoDaddy. But they do have some Security Issues with Wordpress. If you Install Wordpress Script onto GoDaddy, just be a Bit Careful.
Something will Create a .htaccess over your Existing one and Redirects you to other site when doing a Search. Or Website just might not work all together. Then you have to go into Each Folder/Sub-Folder to remove .htaccess
If you have dealt with WP-Scripts, then you know how much of a pain that can be.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Stating they are evil is way out of line. They were smart to redirect that domain back to their main site. I also resell for them at HOSTNHUB.

Bob is only part owner now. A partnership with KKR, Silver City and TCV was formed last year..

Go-daddy is the world's largest domain and web hosting site. Some people always dislike the big dog on the street.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

yes they are very evil. They were one of the companies that supported SOPA. I don't care what anyone says I am boycotting their services and will never stop. I get domains registered through other companies now. They made a mistake when they said they agreed with SOPA.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

GoDaddy have never done me any harm. (Well, not much, and that might have been my fault as much as theirs.)

But they have caused big problems for, not one, but two friends of mine.

So I will never use them again. I use NameCheap, which was recommended to me, and where I have never had a problem. ("Touch wood", he says, scratching his head!)

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

You should get your facts straight. They changed their position on SOPA. I have all my domains registered at HOSTNHUB A re-seller for them indirectly. Never had a problem so far knock on wood.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeGenius View Post
You should get your facts straight. They changed their position on SOPA...
Please make it clear with whom you disagree! I didn't say anything about SOPA. Mind you, NameCheap were against SOPA from the start.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:45 PM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
You should get your facts straight. They changed their position on SOPA. I have all my domains registered at HOSTNHUB A re-seller for them indirectly. Never had a problem so far knock on wood.
Indeed, and it was a pretty quick turnaround once they saw the fact that it wasn't good business logic to approve of the act, as people in were leaving as quickly as possible in protest.

Last edited by Dan Williamson; 02-19-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
My facts are straight supported is past tense that means they supported then they changed. The reason why they changed is that they were loosing customers because people were outraged and switched their domains to other registrars. So what that means is they still support it in secret just not publicly. But you can believe what you want

Old 02-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I don't care if they support SOPA, i'm not moving my domains off Godaddy. Don't matter how many people leave Godaddy, they will still get new business like they have been doing for so many year's.

Everyone has there own opinions on this manner.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes even moderators and friends disagree.

I don't think Godaddy is evil but I do think they were on the wrong side of this SOPA issue and had they not reversed their position my 28 domains would have gone some where else.

Actions have consequences. Taught my kids that and I am willing to teach a corporation or two that also.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I don't care if they support SOPA, i'm not moving my domains off Godaddy...
I don't care if they support SOPA, I'm not stopping watching GoDaddy's videos of hot young ladies.

(But I'll be damned if I buy anything more from Bob.)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Closed Thread