Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum

Domain Name Forum Discuss or get help with domain name issues. Ask for suggestions, etc.

Share |
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

transfering a domain

I'm selling a domain name to someone,and using an escorw company to handle the transaction.That person will soon transfer the funds to the company,but I'll get the money after he approves that the domain name has been successfully transfered to him...I'm not sure what transfering a domain name to a person means.I mean,when transfering a domain name from one host to another,you just change the nameserves,but how do you transfer a domain name?Also..I used a company to register the domain name,and whenever I want to change the nameservers of the domain or do anything about it,I have to contact a guy from the company...,tell him that I want to change the nameserves,or whatever I have to do,and he does that for me in a day or two.Keeping these things in mind,how can I transfer the domain?Will I have to email the person from the company who registered the domain and tell him that from now on, <name of owner> is the owner of my domain and he will contact you whenever he wants to change something about the domain?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-05-2004, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member

The new owner needs to do a Request for Transfer. Then you get a nice email asking if your approve the trasfer.. You click a link or reply to the email and *poof* done.. or at lest the last 4 I have done worked that way. I tried to start the transfer once and the register said they had to do it. soooo..

Old 03-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

umm...will I get the email from Network Solutions?Also..when you do a Whois search for the domain..it doesn't show my name,it shows the name of a guy from that company who registered it for me and who changes everything when I email him..so will he get the email or me?

Old 03-05-2004, 07:23 AM
No Longer Here

I'm guessing that the other guy will get the email. You may want to contact him and let him know.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Contributing Member

Transfer Registrar or Transfer Domain Ownership

You can transfer domain registrars which typically takes anywhere from 4-7 days. Make sure the contact information for the domain is correct. The registrar sends a confirmation email to the admin address listed on the current registration.

If you want to change ownership of a domain name, update the registration and contact information for the domain name.
Give the new owner the login and password and you're done.
What the new owner does with the domain name is up to him/her.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Domain Name Forum