Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Do you believe in Online Relationship / Cyber Partner?

For the past months i've encountered some ads categories refering to:
man seeking woman stuff..quite honestly,it cracked me up a lil bit.no diss inteneded.

does it show desperation on an individual?
does it show how low your self esteem is?
Is it an escape for whats going on your life in reality?

me??i don't know...

all i know is,,to have intimate connection with someone special and raise it to a higher notch or bring your relationship to the next level. Physical interaction with one another is not an option,but a MUST. I mean it's very hard to show true affection on someone through verbal communication, at one point it would both hit you that being solely contented connected through online won't cut it..

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Unless they live in the same city, then No.
Although id never go looking for a partner online, as this is where I live. Im after a partner with no interest in the internet, otherwise id have to share bandwidth.

Their are many websites making money on-line out of people looking for partners though.

PHP_Adam

Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I know someone who met in the internet and got married. And their relationship is still getting stronger.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
SEO Fanatic
Latest Blog:
None

I believe you can get to know someone a bit over the net. It's a great help for shy people to start a "relationship" or at least for the first few contacts.

A whole relationship on the internet? nah. It doesn't qualify as a relationship to me.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It's the trend nowadays...there's nothing wrong with that. It comes with the advancement of the technology.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well I find it so boring....

Website

Old 01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca View Post
Well I find it so boring....
i agree..it's like you have no game confronting ladies face to face..
I'd rather get rejected in the face straight up, rather than have a chance and not seen by the lady. Feeling of true acceptance brings forth great joy!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well my friend met his foreigner husband online. They married and their relationship goes stronger...so I do believe in online relationship.

I guess it would've been better if your question starts with," Will online relationship last?" coz everybody "believes in online relationship"

Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Of cousre I believe .
After long term online cooperation/transactions with someone, you have to believe your cyber partner .

Old 01-31-2009, 03:08 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggorosin22 View Post
all i know is,,to have intimate connection with someone special and raise it to a higher notch or bring your relationship to the next level. Physical interaction with one another is not an option,but a MUST. I mean it's very hard to show true affection on someone through verbal communication, at one point it would both hit you that being solely contented connected through online won't cut it..
Online dating, yeah just as long as it stays online. Haha, no seriously. I met someone on myspace a while ago and we talked threw the site a bit, but I wasn't sure it would turn into anything serious. So after a while, we started to talk about more serious things. Like sharing an apartment and stuffs like that.

I live in California, USA and she lived in Oklahoma. So there's a gap in between us. But hey, you never know -right? Only psychics can predict the future so I was like, "hell yeah, let's do it." I've seen her pictures and she's seen mine. I could dig it, as for what I thought. We even exchanged phone numbers too. So I called her one night. She sounded like she was a lot older than what she looked like. Her picture said she was going on 20 but she sounded like she was like 65.

I don't know, she had this weird type of voice and didn't want to talk for too long. So maybe she wasn't who she said she was? You have to be real careful about that, you never know who you're talking to. It could have been a dude.

I guess if you just do it to have fun, it's cool. I've talked to other women too, but just didn't get too serious though. But I can't knock it, I've heard of some people finding true love online.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I see your point. well im pointing it out to people that take online relationship seriously.
if you're just messing around that's cool. but if you depend on it and take it seriously.well..
that's pretty weak and lame.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I dont believe online relationships that is more than friendship. Especially romantic relationship sine people can easily lie and give false information about themselves over the internet.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Latest Blog:
None

people find their love ones differently, I guess the internet is one more way for others to do so, though, the chances of having a successful one out of it, for me, is very low... the thing is, the things that happen in movies, don't happen in our lives, its either love will come our way, or we go for it, there is nothing wrong in searching for a love one in the internet, as long as it doesn't just stay a cyber relationship...

Old 02-03-2009, 07:17 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

There's this short documentary on this on-line relationship issue in second life and after watching that documentary I found it can become kind of creepy.

Here's that documentary;

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/st...ise/video.html

Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Welcome to FeedBurner

Online relationships.....if you continues with them online then one day they will surely end up. The best approach is to find out how compatible things are? Its like looking towards the future side. Like meeting , talking and other things. Relations from far countries or places never works a lot....although some exceptions are still there. In near places, it worked for me a number of times. I have met 3-4 girls after chatting 1 or 2 times and than they became my gfs . So online relationships worked enough for me. Its not like taking risk but taking calculated risk.

Last edited by Viky; 02-12-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

i think it Doesnt Workout Much,
Just A friendly relation Is Good but Love And Kinda relation Won't Workout mostly,
First I would Say They Must See Each Other,
If They Dont Know How the Other looks When They Meet Or See Each Other It Would Be Hard,
There Was A post One Kid Died I read it Somewhere

Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I'd rather get rejected in the face straight up, rather than have a chance and not seen by the lady. Feeling of true acceptance brings forth great joy!
You're such a brave kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viky View Post
Online relationships.....if you continues with them online then one day they will surely end up.
I think I have to disagree^. I've read stories published in newspapers and I've already watched stories in TV regarding "online relationship" that ends up in marriage. One good thing about this "online relationship" is... it only proves that in love, there are no boundaries. But of course, there's always an exception. We all have different perception and understanding with "online relationship", "online dating" and other related stuff. Some are believers and some are not and I think I'm on the non-believers' side... I can't imagine myself using Internet just for the sake of LOVE or just to find the perfect one for me... which already I found and I'm so lucky to be with her. /loveisintheair/ <3 <3 <3

BTW, I think I've heard about a horrible story about online dating that end-up in a tragic accident or shall I say, crime. So be aware -- just a friendly reminder.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
i agree..it's like you have no game confronting ladies face to face..
agree..

Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

sometimes.....

but mostly no

Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrob77 View Post
I know someone who met in the internet and got married. And their relationship is still getting stronger.

same here.. my cousin and her husband only met through net. they got married and seem to be very happy.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby