Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 AM
No Longer Active

Kangaroo For Dinner?

So tell me what you think. Have you eaten kangaroo meat? If not, would you try it? Why?

Quote:
In the past three years, Australian sales of kangaroo have increased 30% as it has gained more cred as a healthy and free-range alternative to lamb and beef. Now, with a recession in full swing, the relatively inexpensive, lean red meat is moving even faster. "Sales are going through the roof," says Ray Borda, owner of Adelaide-based Macro Meats, a meat-processing company that sells about 200 tons of kangaroo meat per week. "One, it's cheaper. Two, it's better for you. Three, it's better for the environment. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...894792,00.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

No thanks. I had Koala for lunch.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 AM

I have not as yet had the opportunity to try australus. I certainly would try it if the opportunity arose. The reason that I would try it is purely selfish. However, I am one who understands the importance of the animal population control of certain animals, and have harvested upward of 100 whitetail deer in my younger days, where the selfish reasons such as good flavor were divided by ecological reasoning. I do believe that I would indeed jump at the chance to try a kangasaurus burger.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
SEO Fanatic

I've had kangaroo once and it was pretty good. It was at a dinner we hosted at my place where everybody had to dress like one culture and bring food and drinks from that culture.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
v7n Mentor

I had this Australian client that I've worked with for a couple of months, she sometimes tells me what she will have for dinner and I was surprised one time when she told me that they'll have a Kangaroo for dinner. She said that her kids love it because they can make them help jump higher... lol

Well personally, I want to try it out if I will be visiting Australia in the future. Just like how I tried eating exotic foods when I visited Bangkok a few years ago. I don't think we have a Kangaroo here in our place anyway..

Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 PM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

I haven't eaten Kangaroo meat and i don't want to try it..Kangaroo are not food! I would just eat chicken, pork, beef, fish and other seafoods..

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member

Some canned foods are mixed with kangaroo meat. They have admitted it. Besides, kangaroo meat is much healthier than a beef's meet.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Contributing Member

Okay, quote from the article.
Quote:
Kangaroos also do less damage to Australian soil than millions of hard-hoofed cows and sheep. And unlike ruminants, which produce gases that contribute 11% of Australia's greenhouse-gas emissions, kangaroos are naturally low greenhouse-gas emitters.
How do they emit greenhouse gas? Is it when they pass gas?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Contributing Member

I have not tried the Australian jumping meat but I have heard it is tasty.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

No. thanks. much better ahmm meat of a sheep or goat like it?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Contributing Member

i will not..... and if ever pork and beef are out in the market and kangaroo meat was there... i would rather be a vegetarian

Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Never! Answer of why - is i don't find here. If you are going to give me i will eat

Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 AM
v7n Mentor

I'd classify it with snake or possum. I'd eat it, but only in the absence of familiar food. It's funny how what you were raised on makes one animals flesh appealing and another repulsive. My wife had to get used to the idea of eating deer when we met. Now she loves it. Our deal is that it can't look like a deer by the time she sees it.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEyes View Post
I haven't eaten Kangaroo meat and i don't want to try it..Kangaroo are not food! I would just eat chicken, pork, beef, fish and other seafoods..
Don't freak out. As Atom said above, there's two reason why Australian choose Kangaroos as alternative food. Besides as the saying says, it would taste just like chicken. lols

Anyway, I tried a rabbit's meat once and my tongue or taste bud can't stand the taste at first, I wonder if Kangaroos meat could be the same. Maybe if you're used to it you can actually consider it as staple meat. Just like how vegetarians get used too tofu as their meat.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:30 AM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphnix View Post
Don't freak out. As Atom said above, there's two reason why Australian choose Kangaroos as alternative food. Besides as the saying says, it would taste just like chicken. lols

Anyway, I tried a rabbit's meat once and my tongue or taste bud can't stand the taste at first, I wonder if Kangaroos meat could be the same. Maybe if you're used to it you can actually consider it as staple meat. Just like how vegetarians get used too tofu as their meat.
Still, I can't stand eating Kangaroo's Meat..I will prefer eating vegetables and fruits rather than that..

Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 AM
v7n Mentor

If I was told what it was I don't think I would want to eat it. However, if I was simply given a plate and then told later what it was I'd eat it again if I liked it. There are just some things that I cannot bring myself to try... like Cow Tongue

Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctec View Post
If I was told what it was I don't think I would want to eat it. However, if I was simply given a plate and then told later what it was I'd eat it again if I liked it. There are just some things that I cannot bring myself to try... like Cow Tongue
It's so gross just thinking about the word. Maybe if they'll not or never tell me what it is.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEyes View Post
Why'd you suddenly freak out?!
It's natural to any species to eat any alternatives they can think of.
If your eating chicken, pork, beef or fish then it's just the same(but culture makes it different)
For example, Filipino people like to eat a delicacy called "Balut" (an egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell) but other people don't wan't it because it seems weird an unfit to eat a nearly fertilized creature...
Same with kangaroo meat and pork/beef...

lol, but I love to try kangaroo meat too, it's nice to eat something new once in a while...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 AM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo-neon View Post
Why'd you suddenly freak out?!
It's natural to any species to eat any alternatives they can think of.
If your eating chicken, pork, beef or fish then it's just the same(but culture makes it different)
For example, Filipino people like to eat a delicacy called "Balut" (an egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell) but other people don't wan't it because it seems weird an unfit to eat a nearly fertilized creature...
Same with kangaroo meat and pork/beef...

lol, but I love to try kangaroo meat too, it's nice to eat something new once in a while...
But i don't want to try that Kangaroo Meat, no matter what you say..
I came from the Balot Capital of the Philippines..
Now i know that it is cultured, Filipinos have the culture of eating Balot and they have also the culture of eating Kangaroo's meat..I think it is the matter of getting use too that kind of food..

Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphnix View Post
It's so gross just thinking about the word. Maybe if they'll not or never tell me what it is.
It looks harmful... ... and yummy too...
Braised beef tongue is really delicious, it originated in Spain(I guess) and many countries, including Philippines, are enjoying this wonderful creamy dish...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2311113558_974711f759_o.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	9395  

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby