Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Contributing Member

Conflict Management

I know we encounter lots of conflicts in different situation in life, does any one of you learn such thing? Feel free to share it here for us to have a tip also in making things positive.

Conflict Management --- HOW?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned

Dirky47,

I think there will always be conflicts so you only can do your best to resolve them. Sometimes all it takes is to ignore the one making the conflict. Other times some undesired action may be required. All depending on the situation.

Sometimes a simple apology may suffice. While other times you may have to defend your self. Most conflicts I think can be resolved with communication. Then there are other times when no action just may be the best action.

I feel just as long as your intentions are good, things will most likely work themselves out. Other times the real problem exist within ourselves. And we must seek to better or character to resolve this. Conflicts are always a personal matter, as no one person will handle situations the same. You already have a good outlook to want to try and keep things positive. I say do your best, let God do the rest!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
Sometimes a simple apology may suffice. While other times you may have to defend your self. Most conflicts I think can be resolved with communication. Then there are other times when no action just may be the best action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krahmaan View Post
I feel just as long as your intentions are good, things will most likely work themselves out. Other times the real problem exist within ourselves. And we must seek to better or character to resolve this. Conflicts are always a personal matter, as no one person will handle situations the same. You already have a good outlook to want to try and keep things positive. I say do your best, let God do the rest!
I just highlighted those points I got. Most of the time conflicts starts because of losing communication. That's how communication matters.

On other hand, Our character ourselves also a factor in having conflicts maybe 2 characters or personality are totally different and contradicting.

Looking also at the positive part of the conflict also matters. To learn at your mistakes and let the humility and forgiveness be the king in your emotions.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Banned

but at sometimes, communication starts the "conflict". I guess understanding matters most.

After all, not all people are all in the same level of understanding.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faye valentine View Post
After all, not all people are all in the same level of understanding.
that's another good thing to reflect on. Maybe because they were driven by their emotions that make the conflict even worst.

Others also have their childish part of being a human.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 AM
Banned

Being childish is in everyone's personality. Just be true to yourself and that's it! If there still a conflict, it's not your problem anymore. As long as you relay on your own self! your personality!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Being childish is in everyone's personality. Just be true to yourself and that's it! If there still a conflict, it's not your problem anymore. As long as you relay on your own self! your personality!
You don't need to change just for the sake of everybody. They must accept you, the real you. If you think you really the one who made a mistake and conflict starts with you, APOLOGIZE. If apology aren't enough to make them satisfy, well it's not your problem anymore...

Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreena View Post
You don't need to change just for the sake of everybody. They must accept you, the real you. If you think you really the one who made a mistake and conflict starts with you, APOLOGIZE. If apology aren't enough to make them satisfy, well it's not your problem anymore...
You go girl!! Cheers to that!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Contributing Member

That's not always an easy thing to do and besides sometimes it's just inappropriate.All depends...

Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Contributing Member

sometimes communication is not enough to solve conflicts .. sometimes you gotta make a move(harsh moves) in order to solve conflicts.. and if you look on the world nowadays, communication just make things more complicated.. and silence is not always the best thing to do when there is conflict. silence sometimes mean that you agree on whatever other people say even if its wrong and offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreena View Post

I think the best word for this is to ADJUST on the environment, and to the people around you.. you don't have to insist on people to accept you for what you are..

Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
I think the best word for this is to ADJUST on the environment, and to the people around you.. you don't have to insist on people to accept you for what you are..
Some good points are shared in this thread huh. Those posts makes me feel better.

In addition at your post technophobic, should we say be flexible enough to adjust in different situation? And add more patience in every conflict that happens.

Or do we need now some fairy here to put some magic.. lol

Old 07-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Banned

Yep! patience can do a lot! besides, "Patience is a great virtue". Wtf! A fairy?! hmn... a genie will do! 3 wishes.. you can wish for your conflict to vanish! hahahaha!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yep! patience can do a lot! besides, "Patience is a great virtue". Wtf! A fairy?! hmn... a genie will do! 3 wishes.. you can wish for your conflict to vanish! hahahaha!!!
Since you mentioned Genie:
I wish Genie help/guide Dirky47 to solve whatever conflict he has right now. And I wish friendship will bring back again coz this is what we need. The group are now expanding and continuously creating a good bonding. How I wish Genie will grant my wishes!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned

What are your wishes crawler??

Old 07-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

Sometimes we must also man up and take the consequences.

Even if we're not necessarily in the wrong.

I think we'll become a bigger man/woman just by owning up to responsibility.

It is very hard to apologize to someone else, especially if they owe us one.

But all that we are losing is a little egoist pride.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

Yes. And these conflicts are big help in learning how to survive next time.

primeoutsourcing.com : │offshore solutions│manual labor│staff leasing│full time employees
low cost/month=managed and dedicated

Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Contributing Member

I learned from my further studies (without the help of GOOGLE) about this kind of situation wherein gossips, hatred, grievances, standing what you believe is true but wrong to others, ignoring your presence by group of people are believed, some causes of conflicts.

In our daily lives, we are able to meet different kinds of people. some you like, some are not. At the Office, honestly speaking, we have our different opinions on certain tasks. Or how we are able to adapt the new order and lets say how we are going to prove that we're right and they're wrong...or why is that my suggestions are always neglected? or why these people kept on talking behind my back?

In some cases like this, most leaders were professionally trained to handle such situations. So the question is as an individual, how you are going to handle it?

If you're a leader then:
-listen to your subordinates, talk to them...ask them how they're feeling and resolve the current conflict by voicing out each other's opinion and make some necessary resolution

Team building really helps by bringing the members of the team intact and to be able to adjust and learn from each other by doing some activities that will boost their morale

To solve problems, let the team members suggest on some positive results or list down the possibilities and future consequences.

In terms of personal relationship with friends, I guess you need to understand each situation and think about how you're going to solve it without hurting anyone. Communication is the best way to become your friendship -stable.

In short, you need to give space and understand the people around you. Learn to accept negative things you've heard from them and move on.

Hope this helps.
Have a nice weekend.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

(^In short, you need to give space and understand the people around you. Learn to accept negative things you've heard from them and move on)

Yeah right ^ but sometimes it's not necessary to just accept & accept every negative things that you hear, it lowers your ego as a person and that's not healthy I think

Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
(^In short, you need to give space and understand the people around you. Learn to accept negative things you've heard from them and move on)

Yeah right ^ but sometimes it's not necessary to just accept & accept every negative things that you hear, it lowers your ego as a person and that's not healthy I think
I some situation, this was they called EGO is the reason why conflict became harder to solve. Some persons keep on having their ego being a man.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky47 View Post
I some situation, this was they called EGO is the reason why conflict became harder to solve. Some persons keep on having their ego being a man.
Accepting the negative things around you is so easy but the fact that accepting you are wrong without even doing any negative things that could harm your co-workers , or the fact that she or he is making stories that is really funny and easier to just ignore those things. Why? because you are not affected because whatever it is , it's not true. So better to move on and be happy with your life.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby