Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM
v7n Mentor

Doctor Sanjay Gupta catches the H1N1 Swine Flu!

Of all the people who should know better...hee hee...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...-swine-flu/?hp

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

You sure as heck think he'd be able to avoid it or at least heal himself lol

Old 09-25-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
Of all the people who should know better...hee hee...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...-swine-flu/?hp
Allen, I take it you haven't caught swine flu yet? If so what step are you going to take to avoid getting it over the next few years?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongInTheArm View Post
Allen, I take it you haven't caught swine flu yet? If so what step are you going to take to avoid getting it over the next few years?
#1. I am avoiding large crowds. People sneeze. They touch things with the hands they've sneezed into. Studies have shown that H1N1 is possibly spread more by physical contact than by air.

#2. I'm a hand-washing fanatic, scrubbing like a neurosurgeon, a minimum of 30 seconds. I rinse and repeat several times every time I wash my hands.

#3. I am very particular in what I touch with my hands, aware that I may rub my eyes, mouth or nose and infect myself. I don't touch anything other people may have touched. This extends from shopping cart handles and telephones to the ink pen at the bank, the food trays at fast food restaurants, even the gas pump handles at gas stations and the items on the shelf in grocery stores. I wear gloves or I ball up my hands and push with my knuckles. I operate on this basis: No matter what it is, someone has touched it before me, and they may be infected.

#4 I use alcohol-based hand cleaners all the time, even if I don't think I have a reason to. My hands are perhaps the cleanest part of my body. I carry a pocket-sized container of alcohol-based hand cleaner with me and use it whenever I have touched money, which is quite dirty and handled by millions before it even gets to me.

#5 Out of habit I generally avoid being near people, not just large crowds. And I no longer shake hands with anyone.

#6 When I learn of a location showing a larger than normal number of infections, I avoid it like the plague, such as college campuses that have reported large numbers of infections of H1N1. In the case of colleges, I also avoid places frequented by college students.

#7 I avoid being anywhere near Sanjay Gupta...

So far these tactics have kept me healthy. I try to stay in good shape and stay healthy, as in most cases of death from H1N1 the deceased had a pre-existing condition, such as an illness or pregnancy. H1N1 loves a body already weak and less defensible.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Good Luck!

Old 09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Catching the swine flu might be such a bad thing... at least your body will know how to fight it then...

I for one will not be getting the flu shot... But I will not be actively trying to get infected either

Old 09-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

Good News, This is the world's Gospel

Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Andyllin: what do you mean by that

Old 09-27-2009, 09:52 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Andyllin: what do you mean by that
The end is near brother... repent before its too late

Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 AM

LOL

I thought it was just a mild form of flu at present. It could mutate into something worse in time, but hopefully by then most of us would have an immunity to it of some sort.

The end of the world you say? I better go wash my hair then!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL

I thought it was just a mild form of flu at present. It could mutate into something worse in time, but hopefully by then most of us would have an immunity to it of some sort.

The end of the world you say? I better go wash my hair then!
Don't forget clean underwear!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:06 AM

Good thinking dude! I should clean under my finger nails as well I guess. It doesn't come but once. The hear after deserves clean finger nails.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Well, if the flu doesn't get you, it might be the massive solar flares from the sun that cook at least half the Earth's surface and anything on it;

or it will be the Earth flipping over during a Pole Shift, resulting in winds so strong life as we know it will be wiped from the face of the Earth (that would help explain why the government is building underground cities but it doesn't explain what they'll do about those pesky new volcanoes that pop up everywhere when the crust of the Earth is disturbed like that);

or it'll be the millions of large Grays (space aliens) that live in huge underground areas that they built in the Earth millions of years ago. They may finally come to the surface in 2012 and start purging the Earth of all humans. (Could it be that politicians are actually large Grays that have taken on a human look so they blend in? That could explain why Bob Dole and Gerald Ford kept falling down...)

or time itself will simply run out at the end of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012,

or Obama will get re-elected or Martha Stewart will release all of her shows on blu-ray disc;

Whatever it is, we're all gonna die!

But that's okay, isn't it? Guess it doesn't matter how we get to heaven, long as we do, right?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Martha Stewart will release all of her shows on blu-ray disc;

As long as I don't have to watch it, I'm ok with it...
If I have to watch, I'll take death please

Old 09-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
#1. I am avoiding large crowds. People sneeze. They touch things with the hands they've sneezed into. Studies have shown that H1N1 is possibly spread more by physical contact than by air.

#2. I'm a hand-washing fanatic, scrubbing like a neurosurgeon, a minimum of 30 seconds. I rinse and repeat several times every time I wash my hands.

#3. I am very particular in what I touch with my hands, aware that I may rub my eyes, mouth or nose and infect myself. I don't touch anything other people may have touched. This extends from shopping cart handles and telephones to the ink pen at the bank, the food trays at fast food restaurants, even the gas pump handles at gas stations and the items on the shelf in grocery stores. I wear gloves or I ball up my hands and push with my knuckles. I operate on this basis: No matter what it is, someone has touched it before me, and they may be infected.

#4 I use alcohol-based hand cleaners all the time, even if I don't think I have a reason to. My hands are perhaps the cleanest part of my body. I carry a pocket-sized container of alcohol-based hand cleaner with me and use it whenever I have touched money, which is quite dirty and handled by millions before it even gets to me.

#5 Out of habit I generally avoid being near people, not just large crowds. And I no longer shake hands with anyone.

#6 When I learn of a location showing a larger than normal number of infections, I avoid it like the plague, such as college campuses that have reported large numbers of infections of H1N1. In the case of colleges, I also avoid places frequented by college students.

#7 I avoid being anywhere near Sanjay Gupta...

So far these tactics have kept me healthy. I try to stay in good shape and stay healthy, as in most cases of death from H1N1 the deceased had a pre-existing condition, such as an illness or pregnancy. H1N1 loves a body already weak and less defensible.

It is appalling that this Swine flue is still spreading!

I heard that there is some vaccine has been created in China, don't they work??

Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 AM

Yes, there has been a vaccine created by a number of labs throughout the world and yes they do work. In fact the UK government will start a mass vaccination programme at the end of October. Priority will be given to wealth care workers and those that have suppressed immune systems.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quiet Interesting "Doctor turned patient". By the way ... How is the situation in Afghanistan now?

Old 09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Priority will be given to wealth care workers
hehehe

Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
v7n Mentor

Wealth care workers...that's right, only the rich and affluent will be able to afford it! I just seen a sign in a local grocery store offering flu shots on a certain day coming up...yeah, for TWENTY-FIVE BUCKS!

That's highway robbery!

Afghanistan? Interesting. What better way to win the war than to give your enemy an illness that makes their troops soil their drawers and have severe stomach cramps. So much for being willing and ready to fight, eh? (I swear, I would surrender just to get the antidote!)

That's why I still wonder if this H1N1 wasn't a small test of a militarized virus by the U.S. government that got out of hand.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctec View Post
Quote:
Priority will be given to wealth care workers
hehehe
Oh dear! A Freudian slip there. Of course I meant 'health care workers'

Thanks for pointing that out dude!

Update to my last post. The UK government is starting a large scale trial today in one region of England with the vaccine I mentioned before as a final safety check. Country wide roll out will be as I said, sometime next month.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby