Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Contributing Member

Codename: Katsana (Ondoy Typhoon)

This will be very off topic but I am asking for v7n community help through prayers. Last Saturday, September 26. Typhoon "Ondoy" (internationally known as Katsana) devastated the Philippines leaving 52 dead and 300,000 affected and many are still missing. I believe the numbers will increase to date.

Marikina City, where the eye of the storm was, was flooded more than 6 feet deep. Houses were submerged and people struggled to survive by going to their rooftops. With the very limited resources the Philippines has, the government already asked for international aid.

I am not asking the community to do what Hollywood stars did. Your prayers are already enough.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 08:40 PM

all we can offer are prayers as well... hope the people would be fine specially those who are still stranded, have heard news that there are people who hasn't eaten in days because they are stuck on their houses or something... although the sun seems to be up from where I am at, I hear that flood in some areas are still not subsiding... yesterday I heard a neighbor saying stories on how some kid has drown because of the flood somewhere. its a tragedy...

Old 09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Contributing Member

I really wish there is something I can do, Jabo. I was watching the media special coverage yesterday and I cried when I heard the stories of survival of some people. Yes, until now, the situation is bad. Excavation centers are very packed and people are starving and they need clothes.

In these situations I realized how the Filipino people practice this so-called "bayanihan". I admire how they keep their spirits up and help each other.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

Yah, prayers will be a big help for our fellow Filipinos that really experienced the typhoon and be isolated from their family just to survived and saved their kids from the flood..Let us pray for them..Some part of Metro Manila are still flooded until now, Let us hope that everything will be ok..

Old 09-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
In these situations I realized how the Filipino people practice this so-called "bayanihan". I admire how they keep their spirits up and help each other.
people help people in even the smallest ways. we will be donating some clothes and foods to some centers who accepts donations and then they will be the ones to give them out to those in need... you can help too even with just prayers..

Old 09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Here are some videos and photos taken during the storm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V6uRHxtQUM

And this one shows an underpass that became a river because of the flood.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1218862544594

Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Banned

Dang! i wont forget this day,not only that it flooded our house on Rizal, but it also jammed us in the middle of the road for hours.

I was with my wifey and son when this calamity took place Saturday morning(philippines time)..we were on our way to the hospital for their weekly checkup.. On our way to the hospital, we got stuck-up in between a flooded road, since both ends were flooded so high that it made it impossible for any vehicle to cross.

Some tried, but were not reward since every vehicle that attempted failed to cross. Every one trapped between the gap of the flooded road had to wait for the water to subside. It took more than 8 agonizing hours before a bus could cross a still flooded road.

I was really PISSED..and still PISSED with what happened on that day..Seeing my lady and baby struggling for hours really made my heart break,,it's really tough to be in a situation where you couldn't do anything to help your family...MY disappointment and hatred only grew stronger as I've watched the news show the damage it did to other parts of the country and the effect it did to my fellow countrymen..

It really made me wonder why we weren't warned about this in the first place...things might have gone different if we were at least a little bit prepared for such events..where is the accurate technology, when you really need them?i remember earlier before this took place, the weather analyst where just giving it a signal no.1(lowest level)..and then boom!we were Hit..HIT HARD!TSK!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:25 AM

What can we do to help???

Regarding this disaster in the Philippines, it has seriously challanged me, there must be something we can do, any suggestions?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:28 AM

Prayer is only one option

Jenie, your post caught my attention this morning, when I was searching for the latest update of the storm. I have friends out there, and I'm stuck in the UK feeling very helpless. Surely we can do something right?

Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 AM

Can I do anything to help?

Anybody out there?

What do you think? I sent money yesterday morning via western union to my friends in Quezon, but money and prayers just don't seem enough. I am currently trying to move my church into action but unfortunatly here in the west the disaster hasn't even made the headlines, with exception to a few minutes on the bbc. When people don't know what is going on it is hard to get them to act.

I really feel like I should be on a plane on my way over there, but then what can I do? I will gladly volunteer my time, but I don't want to be in the way of any rescue efforts.

What do I do? do I come? is there anyone on the ground there who can advise me?

Old 09-29-2009, 02:56 AM

A big thank you to crawler for your feed back, greatly appreciated

Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 AM
Contributing Member

Read these news: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/...ietnam_typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveT View Post
A big thank you to crawler for your feed back, greatly appreciated
No Problem. I'm glad there's just like you willing to help considering that your miles away from here.

As I said earlier, another storm will pass by the country based on the news. So don't risk yourself. You've done your part and we thank you for that.

Last edited by crawler; 09-29-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Update on Typhoon Ondoy that hit Philippines.

Certainly, its very sad to hear that my fellow countryman suffer a big calamity that hit our nation. They declared that its over 100 people died but the truth is, its more than that.. more than, that they can approximately count it.. There are still people who are trapped in their houses, inside their cars, children that losses their parent, parents that are hoping to reunite with their children. I thank God that we haven't experience the loss they have and my prayers will always be with theme... This is my update for Typhoon Ondoy comments are welcome.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM

Merged

Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

thank you sir..didnt notice the existing thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

Location: Inside a Box with some Jerks and Stupid Players and Team Mates
we can help.. just tell us how...

I hope this won't happen again.. I really want to help but i have no time due to busy schedule. also I'm not yet done drying our cars carpets now it's stinks.. i'm having a hard time dying it.. i think this serves as a warning to our government.. that public service does not come only when election is near. and for those "Countrymen" please don't build houses on Creeks, Rivers, and sewage. please make space for the water to flow properly.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member

You can donate anything you have, money, food, dress and service.

What happened gives me an unforgettable experience. I helped my friend's family to evacuate from a 6 feet flood. Oh my God. I swam in a brown dirty water that time.

Centipedes and cockroaches stick on my dress. Our church was full of evacuees. They are about 200 families. Very shocking!

Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Contributing Member

Oh dear God, another super typhoon is about to hit the Philippines.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1045522435538

Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member

God gracious! All we have to do is to pray. A powerful prayers will help but we should be always alert no matter what happen. Thanks for the update Jenie0109.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you for opening this thread Jenie0109 ^_^. We all here Cebuanos are praying hard for this to never happen again. I can't help but cry seeing those videos ..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread