Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Games console or....PC?

I had been looking for a games console, (probably Xbox, but there are some issues with them as I have seen on this forum, or PS3 or Wii) but I saw a gaming PC on demo at one of the stores I went to. I never really considered a PC for serious gaming....but this thing is awsome. The graphics, the speed, the sound, everything. Now I'm not so sure what to get. I had added a post on this forum regarding the banning of Xbox's by Msft, and now not sure what to get. So I'm posting this one. The PC looks a great, but I guess it's more unsociable, whereas a console would be in the living room..and around people, so perhaps could be played and shared by more of the family?
What have you got...or what do you prefer?

Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have a PS2 and have a few games for my PC.
Personally I prefer to play the PS2 because it just isn't so enjoyable to bash buttons on my keyboard as it is to bash buttons on the PS2 controller.
Also, PC and Laptop are primarily for work so best to try and keep them for that, with the exception of FM2010 and a few other text based games.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I enjoy PS3 games more but I really don't have a computer capable of playing the latest games. I think it really comes down to what game you want to play and what console or computer it is available on if you know what I mean.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I prefer both gaming platform coz' I don't want to limit myself on one gaming experience. Actually, I spend mostly 75% of my time on PC gaming, and I do a bit of console gaming too especially with my family.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have a ps3 and I think it's a lot more fun to play with that vs. my computer. Computer games are fun too, but console games you can play a lot more without getting bored.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I prefer PC, because if I got bored on my work I just minimize my report then play games that I want.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadywebber View Post
The PC looks a great, but I guess it's more unsociable, whereas a console would be in the living room..and around people, so perhaps could be played and shared by more of the family?
What have you got...or what do you prefer?
It is true, the PC usually needs more space in your room, and you have to customize it for your personal usage (create a Windows username and password, create personal user files, etc), so a PC is more often used by one single person, while a console allows more people to play it.

Another thing to consider, is what kind of games you play, because not all of them are available for the PC (there are games available for all platforms, but there are also console exclusives, and PC exclusives), and not all of them are meant to be played by a keyboard and mouse. The combination of KB+m is good for first-person-shooters, and strategy games, but it is not good for sports games, races or adventure games. If you prefer those games you might have to buy a joypad, or racing wheels and plug it to the PC.

I personally play on the PC because I love the graphics and the superior hardware. Also I like to play with mouse and keyboard, but the only thing I dislike is the lack of some major titles that can only be found on consoles, such as Rock Band Beatles. The producers do that to sell more consoles because the console games are more expensive than PC games, and they get pirated less often than on the PC.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have a Nintendo Wii system and since I started playing on it my PC time has just about vanished. I know the Wii isn't the best console for graphics but man it is an absolute blast to play. Until a Wii like controller system is developed for the PC I am afraid the Wii will win out over the PC.
Help with your PC and the latest computer and software news.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah I guess it comed down to what kind of games you like playing....and what is available for you on either PC or console that will decide what you go for. Apart from the Nintendo Wii of course. That is a different experience to all the other consoles and PC gaming stations. I am sure Sony and other manufacturers will come out with something similarly "action oriented" as the Wii console soon....

Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

Consoles beat PC for action games hands down. For strategy/rpg/etc games a console just can't compete with the endless resources of a PC though.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby