Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 12-08-2009, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

Law of Attraction

Since I am pretty new to this forum, I don't know if this topic has already been discussed. And I guess I do not have the patience to go through so many pages listing the topics.

Well, my question is, Does the Law of Attraction work? Can it be called co-incidence?

I see that when I think I'll be late for work, I do end up late. But I don't see this sort of thing happening when its something sort of positive - like, I have not won at Housie though I have imagined myself walking away with the prize money!

Do let me know if there is a related post. I am willing to post my question there.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 AM
v7n Mentor

According to The Secret it does... I know it attracts people to pay for it and the makers are attracted to the cash they get from sales...

I admit I watched it and for about three days I felt like the world was my playground... then the Visa bill came in the mail...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

It works and especially it works to people, I mean if you treat people bad, they are going to treat you the same the way.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 AM
v7n Mentor

Hi Janedoe,

I don't know a lot about the law of attraction, but I think it's just another way to describe some basic principles of success.
  • Creating a desire for anything (by visualization) creates motivation as well (which leads to success).
  • Creating a desire also has effects on your subconsciousness. Your subconsciousness influences you to do what it takes to get what you want.
  • Having a positive attitude leads to success for various reasons.
That's why the law of attraction should work in most cases. (You can't influence chance though.)

Trey

Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 AM

Hmm, doesn't work for me. Always a true believer of working hard (and smart) for your money.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

For people to people law of attraction can work. For people to money it is hard work to make law of attraction work....

Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Although I am not familiar with the production, I am familiar with the power of a positive attitude.
I have learned, in simple terms, that nice breeds positive responses from most people.
And that making lemonade from lemons that are given to you works.

The point is that by believing in yourself and refusing to even consider defeat, you can accomplish more than people with negative thought processes or "bad attitudes".
I have applied this philosophy for over fifty years.....it works......
Sadly though....I haven't been able to get it to work on a lottery ticket...

Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
V7N Cheesy Mentor

Law of Attraction? I can apply this to two people (man and woman), different but attract each other..

If you think negative stuff definitely the result will be negative, just think of the positive and who knows the results will be positive as what you think will gonna happen..But don't ever expect, got it?!

Old 12-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

If you go looking for trouble, you're likely to find it.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM
v7n Mentor

Earlier today, CNN showed the incredible story of Cynthia Stafford who recently won $112,000,000 in a lottery using visualization.

I think belief played a very big part in her winning that money. From what I understand, her mother always taught her that whatever she asked for, she would get. So from an early age her mind was primed to receive whatever she desired.

(Of course, one can argue that she may have been just one of several people who had visualized themselves winning that lottery.)

Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by abajan View Post
(Of course, one can argue that she may have been just one of several people who had visualized themselves winning that lottery.)
Yeah, that's what I would say. Statistically, it's a sure thing that there will be a person who uses visualization and wins the lottery if the time interval you're considering is just big enough.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 AM

ya its true yhat law of attraction works as when we have positive thinking in ur mind yo do a particular work we do it without any problem but as negative thoughts come into our mind
we cannot do the work if we r capable to do it.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 AM

The Secret is a scam. So materialistic.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 AM

I have the secret book & law of attraction book.......+ I collect video from youtube about LOA, but I don't know what I want...so I'm never practice it seriously....

Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 AM

I think that The Law of Attraction is a load of New Age Hokum, however it is true that "Thoughts do become reality"

I know this is true because I dream up and create my own information products which start as an idea and then are born into reality and which I benefit financially from

What actually does work is having a goal to work towards and visualizing that goal. Having an outcome in mind, motivates and inspires you to make your thoughts reality.

Simply sending out a prayer to the Universe and asking for something without taking any action will not make you rich at all.

Just my two cents worth

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM

The bible says what a man thinks in his heart so is he. It also says that whatever you pray for, believe that you have received it and you WILL. I believe those things, so yes I would say that the Law of Attraction is real. It maybe somehow exaggerated because in order for things to work you have to be grateful, humble and most of all patient. You must also exercise great faith and endurance.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
v7n Mentor

For me, I think that Trey Walters' response sums it up best. LOA may be hoakum, as presented, but positive thought and visualization will allow one to build a stronger base for the focus and dedication necessary to achieve success in a venture.

I think there are relatively few things that we cannot overcome, IF we remain focused, and bring all our energies to bear on achieving a goal. Most failures that I have seen (or experienced) have been due to loss of focus and confidence.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
v7n Mentor

It would be interesting to see how many V7N members can attract bright red boxes using these techniques.
Please post your results here.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Its complete BS.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Law of Attraction...

aka Karma, reap what you sow, the Golden Rule. It works, but not in the way we'd like it to, I suspect.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby