Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 AM
v7n Mentor

AGHHH I am so stressed!

My site worked perfectly before it went live, now that it has gone live I have had nothing but problems. Why do things in life never work the way you expect them to?

I really need to rant or I am going to punch my computer. Sorry guys.

Anyone else having a particularly bad day?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member

Really sorry to hear that.Yeah, unfortunately there are such days when everything goes wrong, and at times it's really hard to plug up the strenths and go on, but still you have to do something with your emotional state, as it won't do.Hope for the better, desire success and move towards it doing everything possible, you'll then be rewarded with luck and good humor!
I wish you all the best with it!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 AM
v7n Mentor

Thanks, its just so hard when I don't know how to fix things which have gone wrong and I have to rely on others. Grrr the worlds a b**** sometimes!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

That's life Just be cool and try to make things work again.. Or else try some other promotions till you get what you want.. Don't give up

"THERE IS NO FAILURE"What matter is try it again with hard work and assured to yourself that you're really doing the right process..

Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 AM
v7n Mentor

I give up, I can't sort my issues the support for the products I am using is crap and I either don't get a response or it takes freaking ages. I am just going to go sit in a corner and cry.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:50 PM

The reason for bad days is....so you will appreciate good days......

Try asking some questions here....we have some really sharp folks that will try to help.....

Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Web Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifery Sanctuary View Post
I give up, I can't sort my issues the support for the products I am using is crap and I either don't get a response or it takes freaking ages. I am just going to go sit in a corner and cry.
If your site is riddled with issues your best shot is to put a message "Sorry but we're down for maintenance and we will be back in the next few days". Disable public access to all areas so any visitor will only be able to see the "We're down..." message, and either ask some dev to have a look at the site for you.

I know very well that websites can work flawlessly on a development instance and when they go live nothing works like it should. One possible solution for that is having a beta test group, nothing more than a bunch of friends who are willing to give you a hand testing the new features of the site before it goes live.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:50 AM
v7n Mentor

Hades omg if I took my site offline for maintenace my members will kill me LOL.

Some one has rudely replied to my post on jfusion so I will respond to their rude message in a rather rude tone my self and see if I can actually get any help instead of people just being rude.

Lets see what results that brings.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 AM
v7n Mentor

I have been having same issues with one of my sites for awhile now. The support for the product I am using is horrible. I was forced to shut down parts of the site.
My own fault though. This is the second time I paid for their script. Even though I had issues with the first one I still bought it again. Now I'll have to buy a whole other script, hope that it's better and try to figure out a way to migrate all the info from one to the other.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Sorry didn't mean to double post. Have no idea how I did that.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:26 AM
v7n Mentor

Luckily I am not paying for this allthough I do have another small script which I have paid for, it isnt fucntioning properly and their support forum is non exsitant.

Is it wrong of me that if I pay for something to expect decent support? I bought another script and the author was excellent always replied to my emails and he even altered the script to suit my exact needs for free.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 AM
v7n Mentor

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I am stressed again! Why do people write scripts/software/programs etc, but the support is either rubbish or non exsistent. Even for paid stuff.

It is really doing my head in, I wish I could code in phpbb and what not so i could write my own damn stuff and fix it my self!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

I see what may be a minor issue with the forum section. Are you sure your views aren't affected by a caching issue.

Try looking at your site through a proxy and force a reload if you use FF.

EDIT: I went through a similar thing last week. FF had cached the CSS file. Even though my site looked fine on local machine (or a test URL) it was broken when I viewed it the first time. Once I forced a reload it was magic.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 01-30-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
v7n Mentor

the site looks ok visually apart from what I am editing now, its my login which is screwed up and I am using jfusion. Basically the support for jfusion is very frustraing they claim to be one of the most popular and best bridges for joomla and phpbb3 but there support is rubbish.

Its very frustraing when I have users whinging at me all the time, 'I can't log on', 'it says path doesn't exsist' etc etc.

Thank the day when I ahve this all sorted when ever that may be, then thats it I am not doing anything else I retire from web stuff at the age of 20! lol

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby