Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Talking Why France is best place to live in world

Quote:
Bindi Dupouy, an Australian living in Paris, and her French husband, just had their first child, a son born in the country.

Dupouy, a 28-year-old lawyer, got almost five months paid maternity leave from her company for the birth. She can take another seven months off beyond that -- a year total -- unpaid, if she wants, with her job guaranteed under French law.

When her son Louis was born, healthy and by way of a normal delivery, she got to stay in her local French hospital, around the corner from where she lives, for five full days, to rest.

Welcome to France, voted the best place in the world to live for the fifth year in a row by International Living magazine, which has been analyzing data and publishing its annual Quality of Life Index for 30 years.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe...ex.html?hpt=T2

Who wants to come with me?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds sweet, but i hate the language

Prefer german personally

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiee™ View Post
Sounds sweet, but i hate the language

Prefer german personally
I decided to study French mainly because I liked how it sounds, and I wasn't dissapointed, just adore it and the country itself

Old 02-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

I think the people who review the place the best because himself is western people who feel ok with winter, for asian like me, I do like france and willing to spend some time there unless in winter, I hate cold and so that what make France not perfect place for me

Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

No wonder France is a beautiful place to live but for me I think New Zealand or Australia is the perfect and remarkable place to live because I love the farm. I always dream to have my own farm with horses and cows.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Contributing Member

Your argument on behalf of France is their uncompetitive business environment? That's a good thing? haha. Just look at Greece. That's where France is headed.

Sure, the job is guaranteed, IF YOU CAN GET A JOB AT ALL (9.1% unemployed at the beginning of 2010). And even if you do it will pay less because of said laws. Employers FACTOR in those types of laws. It's only old geezers who have their jobs. Youth, because of those stupid laws, can't get a job in France. Workers under 24 years old have a staggering 23.8% unemployment rate in France. Even third world countries have better unemployment rates for their youth.

Last edited by NewMedia422; 02-15-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMedia422 View Post
Your argument on behalf of France is their uncompetitive business environment? That's a good thing? haha. Just look at Greece. That's where France is headed.

Sure, the job is guaranteed, IF YOU CAN GET A JOB AT ALL (9.1% unemployed at the beginning of 2010). And even if you do it will pay less because of said laws. Employers FACTOR in those types of laws. It's only old geezers who have their jobs. Youth, because of those stupid laws, can't get a job in France. Workers under 24 years old have a staggering 23.8% unemployment rate in France. Even third world countries have better unemployment rates for their youth.
Well I think each country have his own problem:

US Youth Jobless Rates
Quote:
According to Lizzy Ratner, in The Nation article entitled “Generation Recession,” the “unemployment rate [in September] for people between the ages of 16 and 24 hovered morosely at 18.1 per cent.” This was nearly double the 10.1 per cent national average. Equally drastic was the low employment rate of those in the same age bracket, merely 46 per cent. This means less than half of all people ages 16-24 are employed on a regular basis. According to Ratner, this is the lowest employment rate for this age bracket since 1948, “the year the government began keeping track.”

Since the recession began taking its grip on the nation in December 2007, 16 to 24 year-olds have lost 2.5 million jobs, “roughly one-third of all the jobs lost, making them the hardest-hit age group of the recession.”
http://americanaffairs.suite101.com/...d_unemployment

Young Workers In Free Fall: 1/3 Under 35 Live With Parents
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/art-le..._b_274743.html

I am French living in US more than a decade, so I can have a global vision on these two different systems.

One system is not better than the other, it is just different! But the quality of life is better in France

Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

I think it was a cool place to live in.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:11 AM

I also like to live in France someday. I think it was also a cool place to live there.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned

Never been to France before but I have heard lots of compliments about France . I wish I could move there . My last assignment was in Romania - It's also a beautiful place !

Old 02-17-2010, 06:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Your argument on behalf of France is their uncompetitive business environment? That's a good thing? haha.
Hmm... one should not look at this in short term only. Demographics is a serious economic issue. The US is lucky to have the latino population having babies and a constant flow of immigrants, and this has proved to be enough to keep the population growing. Other states are not quite so lucky. If nothing is done to encourage natality, the population will get older and older, and less productive as they get past their prime. As this happens, the debt (and health and pensions) will fall upon the shoulders of fewer and fewer workers.

Quote:
My last assignment was in Romania - It's also a beautiful place !
Glad you liked it. I must admit I should see more of it myself, but Europe is too much of an attraction now that the borders are open.

As for maternity leave here, it's at 2 years. The state pays the parent 80% of the gross wage (up to 1000 euros, - average wage here is about 350 euros). The employer cannot fire the employee during this period of time. I suspect this very generous policy will still not be enough to convince most couples to have more than 1 child.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby