LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

'Whale Wars' clash leads to charges

Quote:
A New Zealand activist who boarded a Japanese whaling vessel now faces charges in Japan. CNN's Kyung Lah reports.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor...ges.cnn?hpt=C2

Robespierre

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
He could face up to 3 years in prison? That is just not right.

I watch whale wars once and awhile and like what they do. This is just wrong... arresting him.

A restaurant in California was recently in the news for selling whale meat. It's bad when we have place's in the USA selling whale meat. At least one place has been shut down for good. Here is the story on this http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...t-illegal-meat

I don't think the whale wars people will change there tactic's in preventing Japan boats from hunting whales. This event will only make them work harder to find ways to prevent whales from being hunted or at least save a few whales each year.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Contributing Member

Why the heck do people want to save the whales?
You don't hear of any save the cows campaigns.

I can understand endangered whales. They have quotas for a reason. The MINKE whale is OVERPOPULATED and is actually so overpopulating that it is threatening to extinct some of the other whales by eating their food sources. The REAL fish that needs saved but no one is talking about is the shark, but there will never be a "Save the sharks" campaign with any teeth. So whales have no natural predator anymore. Some of them still struggle, but the minke which is the main target is in desperate need of culling with no natural predator left.

I speak Japanese (tho a westerner) and I get so irritated by Sea Shepherd I feel like offering my services to the Japanese free of charge to be security for their boat. I'll bring my own automatic weapons. I hate people who think ANIMAL life is so precious, meanwhile little iraqi and afghani children get blown to shreds by US bombs every day. Besides that whale food could feed starving children for example. And when it is an OVERPOPULATED whale like the minke then all the moreso. Protecting endangered animals, I am all for, and even most long-term thinking whale hunters would agree (as they could hope to cull them once they repopulate and are a stable population).

Old 04-03-2010, 02:08 AM
Individualist

Western bigotry. Here in Japan, the whale people are near universally recognized as bumbling idiots.

You don't see Japanese people protesting against Westerners eating cows. I doubt he will spend any time in prison, but he ought to.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scott View Post
Western bigotry. Here in Japan, the whale people are near universally recognized as bumbling idiots.

You don't see Japanese people protesting against Westerners eating cows. I doubt he will spend any time in prison, but he ought to.
My thoughts exactly. When it comes down to it, food is food. The minke whale is overpopulating and going to extinct some of the other whales by eating their food sources. The problem is the sea shepherds just don't want ANY whales killed, except of course by indigenous peoples. They even fly a native american flag on the ship but many other tribes are given special licenses to whale hunt for subsistence. But you would never see the sea shepherd trying to stop them.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM

I don't understand. If you think eating whale is bad than do you think killing cows is too?

…..

Last edited by snakeair; 04-05-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 PM

The end never justifies the means. I love whales and I wish that there are no brutal killings of any animals but what that guy did is illegal.

Thoughts of that guy who killed an abortion clinic doctor are still in my head...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby