LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Is Red Bull Unhealthy?

Is red bull unhealthy?

I have been drinking lot of red bull lately and people keep saying that it is really unhealthy.

And if I ask them why, they can not really come up with anything. They just say that it has caffeine in it, or a lot of sugar but so does coffee or coca cola or other soft drinks. Is there something that makes red bull especially unhealthy?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I drink everyday to. I think if you drink 10 a day is not health. because some people die

Old 04-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

i think there are no documented reports of negative health effects about this energy drink so far - is redbull considered sport supplement too?

Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
v7n Mentor

It's definitely not a health drink... but it has mega caffeine and seven times the goop that most regular pop has... it's not something you want to drink all of the time (what you ingest while you're young will come back when you're older).

Old 04-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

energy drinks don't really give you energy but they will just freshen you up and keep you active. Too much of it is certainly bad .

Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I don't know though, I'm just drinking it.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Everything could be dangerous if you take it too much. I have drinking Red Bull only one per 2-3 days. It does helped me refreshing when I was asleep. I did not say Red Bull is healthy but if you choose to drink this kind of drinking, you should already know its purpose. If you need heathly you may consider for 100% fruit juice instead of Red Bull.

Find your Best Rated Web Hosting. Company Today.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w-e-b-master View Post
I don't know though, I'm just drinking it.
Ditto.

Today at work, i drank 2 cans of redbull. Had a lot of energy and it was slow at work.

Although i thought i could feel my heart beating from drinking to much redbull.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

those types of drinks can give you a quicker heart beat cause of the stuff thats in them.

i think over long usage it will have negative effects cause of the sugar and high caffine in it

Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 PM

OK, flip the can around...read the label. if you can't figure out where most of the ingredients come from, then it's probably not that good for you. High fructose corn syrup in it...NOT GOOD. You're gonna end up having GI problems if you keep drinking that stuff in large amounts. I like it too, but that stuff gets my stomach twisted up if I drink too much. Just be careful

Old 04-15-2010, 05:10 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

energy drinks can help us to stay awake in the time our body clock is sleeping. for some graveyard shifts, or the people who work in the midst of hour, they need these drinks. but it can also harm them, as they say, all things have there advantages and disadvantages. it can affect the normal rhythm and pulse rate. especially to those who have heart problems. just drink it in moderation. and with the advice of physician

Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

if you need energy drinks to stay awake it means that you need more sleep.
for that get advice of physician

Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by donphant View Post
if you need energy drinks to stay awake it means that you need more sleep.
for that get advice of physician
yeah i agree, but to some that more sleep doesn't apply to them.. they need some stimulants, like those to make them alive and kicking, ehe

Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Of couse it's not good for your health, even un small ammounts, that may really couse heart problems if you are a ddicted to it.I guess the only "safe" liquid we can imagine is pure water...

Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i think accesses of nay thing is unhealthy it can be any thing so do not make habit of things same as red bull "it gives wings" donot make in habit i think ones or twice in the week is good.
Thanks

Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I should think Red Bull with it's caffeine content is about as equivalently unhealthy as drinking coffee, and I believe the safe limit for drinking coffee to be no more than 2 cups a day.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I heard a lot of people saying that energy drinks create unhealthy increase in blood pressure & heart rate.

here's what you get if drink too much caffeine which a single energy drink contains 300mg. (80mg for a cup of coffee.)

Increased anxiety and panic attacks
Increased blood pressure
Bowel irritability
Insomnia
Increased gastric acid

Source: sixwise

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

It's a caffeine addiction problem with Red Bull. It's not too bad, about one cup of coffee. Unhealthy if daily drinking the stuff or multiple cans a day. Red Bull is also popular to mix with vodka, energy and alcohol give a mixed relation to a drunk person.

If you want to know one of the worst sofa drink for you, it happens to be diet coke! Basically toxic posion in a can if you drink it daily. Coke is bad enough, but Diet or Coke Zero is actually worst.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet is an active ingredient in Diet Coke, rather than using sugar, a brain drug that stimulates your brain so you think that the food you're eating tastes sweet. The problem with it is it causes you to crave carbohydrates, wanting to eat more. Hence, you won't lose weight using it. So much for Diet?

Aspartame/Nutrasweet (aspartylphenylalanine-methyl-ester) also breaks down to poison constituents at 86 degrees (Aspartic Acid 40%, Phenylalanine 50%, and Methanol 10%). Remember your stomach is at 98.6 degrees! Therefore you should never use Aspartame/Nutrasweet in hot beverages or cooked foods. You are basically poisoning yourself. Burning Mouth Syndrome due to the acid?

Aspartic Acid is an "excitotoxin" in the brain and excites neurons to death, kills off brain cells.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet triggers Migraine Headaches.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet's breakdown products attack the bodies tissues and create Formaldehyde which builds up in the tissues forever. Formaldehyde is thought to cause cancer.

Aspartame/Nutrasweet also breaks down to diketopiperazine [DKP] which is proven to cause Brain Tumors!

Energy drinks and specially coke is high in sugar. Massive amounts of sugar in anything will cause bodily harm. Aside from bringing on Diabetes, excess amounts of sugar will increase your body weight, which makes your body work harder just to function daily. It gives a quick rush which the body craves, but doesn't last so you want more or will crash.

Colas also contain ethylene glycol, which is used in anti-freeze. Ethylene glycol is a slow poison, it won't kill you if you have it in small quantities but it will kill you in large quantities.

The last major reason cola's are bad for you is the extremely high acidity. The pH for colas is around 3.4, strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones.

Coke cola trucks require toxic signs for the Coke concentrate, or Coke syrup. It will desolve a nail if left in a glass of it. It's also really good stuff to clean the trucks engine and metals.

It's not the sugar in coke that will cause cavities it's the high acidity.

Coca — aka cocaine, use to be in coke, which is where the name came from. Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed. Coca-Cola still contains coca flavoring.

Enjoy drinking coke, I actually like the stuff.
Add bourbon with coke that's my favourite poison.

The thing to learn, is don't freak so much but too much of anything will kill you.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:40 PM

I typically stay away from those kinds of things except in the past 1.5 months, I've had TWO 5 hour energy shots (they do perk me up!). The caffeine and corn syrup is obviously not a healthy choice but you end up making the ultimate choice.

Even though I do work out, I tend to favor energy shots / drinks when I know I'm going to be working a late night at work. When you drink it in moderation (and not in excess), I see no harm in having a energy drink / shot. When you start to do it in excess (2-3 per day), that's going to mess with your body.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I think that it is just as unhealthy as soda, especially diet, but I still would recommend not drinking so much. it doesn't taste that good anyways

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby