Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Exactly,, U must have heard a saying-"An uncomplete Information is more Dangerous than No information"
So we Shloud Look first what we say for the other side of monitor

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM

hi

I am trying to show respect for the other persons point of view...
Generally on a forum I generally respect the sons of Type info and not so much the view types...
I know that I am pastaelige and stubborn...I also understand that other members have different life experiences, which can change their point of view on a particular topic.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM

Really good post. By the online communication often we don't think of the people who will read our words. I also believe that if you want to achieve something you have to be nice and patient.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taschevapartner View Post
Really good post. By the online communication often we don't think of the people who will read our words. I also believe that if you want to achieve something you have to be nice and patient.
Definitely! By the way, this is exactly what makes v7n a better place than any other forum.

The situation is especially wrong in the IM field, where everyone wants to seem like a know-it-all guru and lie about how much they make, how much experience they have etc...

And when a "newbie" comes and asks a question (which takes a lot of courage at the first attempt) they just come and bombard him with how stupid or basic his question is etc...

This kind of discouragement is very hard to deal with, so that's why this thread is so great in my opinion!

Many forums could learn this from v7n:

Friendly, success focused discussions rule!

Steve

Old 12-19-2012, 07:42 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah, I am bumping this again because we all need a reminder now and then.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
One thing we know for sure though, on the other side of that monitor is a human being.

Am I asking that we be "nice" to those who we honestly feel don't deserve it?

I am simply suggesting that maybe we consider if our own response helps or hurts the community as a whole. Perhaps we can make a difference in someone's life today, just by giving a dang.

Just my 2 cents . . .
I for one will say that your 2 cents is right on the money! Most people think that the anonymity of the internet gives an instant boost to their ego. I for one will state that for this same reason I have stopped posting in certain threads because the responses I received in return were both ignorant and rude.

Some people seem to think that they are on a higher echelon or social plateau than others and this is not correct. No matter what position you hold, or how much money you make, or how smart you think you are; you are a human being who needs to respect other human beings.

Even on this forum I see some many smart-ass comments being made towards others and it shocks the soul to be quite honest. That is all I will share on the topic, and much thanks to Cricket for allowing me to vent on that issue.

Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster

Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiologyWebmaster View Post
I for one will say that your 2 cents is right on the money! Most people think that the anonymity of the internet gives an instant boost to their ego. I for one will state that for this same reason I have stopped posting in certain threads because the responses I received in return were both ignorant and rude.

Some people seem to think that they are on a higher echelon or social plateau than others and this is not correct. No matter what position you hold, or how much money you make, or how smart you think you are; you are a human being who needs to respect other human beings.

Even on this forum I see some many smart-ass comments being made towards others and it shocks the soul to be quite honest. That is all I will share on the topic, and much thanks to Cricket for allowing me to vent on that issue.

Thanks,

BiologyWebmaster
I hope I was not one of these people and if I was then I apologize, I would hate someone to stop posting in one of the forums due to my posting.

Beautiful post Cricket, we do need reminding every now and then.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM

A big bow for you Cricket. It's amazing how you see things differently. How you give a deeper sight to things. It's really true that we don't know what happens in other people's world and life. We don't know what problems they are facing. What we can only do is be nice and kind in our very own ways. Just understand these people and always think before we say something about them.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:52 AM

Lol, I particularly enjoyed Jim's first comment. Tempting to ask for a translation but probably better not to.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

“People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care”
― John C. Maxwell

Old 09-18-2013, 10:02 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are." (Author Unknown)

Old 11-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Autumn Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzon
But let me also add that we are humans as well and we also have our own emotions. There are times when we are offended, ridiculed or just abused!

At times like those, 90% of our brains rational and analysing abilities are shut off, and we end up responding harshly or may I say irresponsibly, which often at times CAN BE unjustifiable, but it comes as a natural response to many when their tolerance levels are stretched .

Now, I am not justifying our natural responses to negative or hostile comments, but just making a point that it is difficult for an average human to be calm and polite to unbearable behaviour.
Personally...
I find that words on the screen have less power over me, as I can choose not to read something that triggers a negative response... or.. read it in bits and pieces, and then process it... and respond after finding a calm place.

If there's a belief system being advocated that I feel is inherently disagreeable, I'm happy to point out the flaws... But I try to avoid attacking anyone as a person.

Some people do get caught up in the need to "win" by personal attacks...
And they forget that by so-doing, they have already lost.

Here's what I've discovered about internet discussion...
We aren't going to change the other person's view point

The best that we can hope for... Is to gain a clearer understanding of why we feel how we feel... and possibly win a convert or two over to our perspective... Providing we can state our own position with courtesy...

I'm reminded of what Prez Obama said... about how part of his job is to "have a thick skin".

Just because someone seems to be pushing your buttons... is no reason to say or do something that you will regret...

Old 01-13-2014, 10:46 PM

The one thing that is very much missing in today's world is empathy , i.e to exactly understand and feel what others feel . Only with empathy can we understand why the person choose to act that way or to respond that way . Only with empathy can we look under the cover to realize a person's real problems , and only with empathy can we hope to understand them .

This is just what I think ......

Old 04-01-2014, 12:37 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

I updated this a bit and added it to our community blog.
http://blog.v7n.com/2014/04/01/other...f-the-monitor/

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby