Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Practice, practice and practice!
I used to work in an english training company in which I learnt that there is no shortcut for learning of language. The only thing you need to do is to practise more and try your best to use it!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

In my experience the best way to learn a language is to move to or spend a lot of time in the country you want to learn the language for.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:16 AM

Hi

The best way is to start from the "phonetics" as the French pronunciation is difficult. When you'll learn how to pronouns the letters you can start to read words ...

Then start to learn the grammar for be able make sentences , If you'll do search you'll find easy lessons for the basic course.

Good Luck !

Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I started taking online Italian lessons at myngle.com last month. I have a wonderful teacher in Italy with whom I skype one-to-one everyday. Highly recommend it.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 AM
SEO Guru

The best way to learn a new language - Go to a particular school / institute which offer some package to teach new language.

Contact Neuronimbus.com for Mobile Application Development

Old 08-10-2010, 03:56 AM

One way to speed up even more is to get a good private tutor and have him/her push you forward. Get homework and do it. Do more. Have him correct your pronunciation ruthlessly until you completely get it

Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 AM
v7n Mentor

When learning a language, there really isn't a way around sitting down and learning the basic rules and grammar. It's icky, but necessary work. To make the experience more enjoyable, throw in some childrens' books, video games, surf the web with new vocabulary, or just make up random sentences. Good software also exists to help with listening, reading and writing/typing. I've used Fluenz French and liked the results so far (it's not the cheapest option out there, though).

Out of all the techniques above, surfing the web probably solidifies vocabulary better than anything. When learning Japanese, I can't get enough of searching the web on 金魚 or 自転車. This makes words stick.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

hmmm.. may be we have to join some language course to learn the language i guess

Old 08-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewomack View Post
When learning a language, there really isn't a way around sitting down and learning the basic rules and grammar. It's icky, but necessary work. To make the experience more enjoyable, throw in some childrens' books, video games, surf the web with new vocabulary, or just make up random sentences. Good software also exists to help with listening, reading and writing/typing. I've used Fluenz French and liked the results so far (it's not the cheapest option out there, though).

Out of all the techniques above, surfing the web probably solidifies vocabulary better than anything. When learning Japanese, I can't get enough of searching the web on 金魚 or 自転車. This makes words stick.
Great hint! You people should consider about direct learning like this. I've been there and I think it's the best way of learning new language, though many course of language already established.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Learning a new language is a unique skill. There are people who almost effortlessly learn them even without professional help. The proper way to pronounce a new language is crucial because it might mean differently or even offensively. Full attentive listening and practice are the best keys.

Last edited by snakeair; 08-16-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM

The best way to learn a language is to develop a large vocabulary using flash cards with the Leitner Box method. If you carry around an iPod Touch or Android phone, you can study 3 times per day for 15 minutes each time and learn optimally. You should learn the conjugations for the irregular verbs in common tenses because those will be used most often. You should also get a frequency dictionary. Don't waste time memorizing words that you will not often encounter!

About 70% of the words are the same in French and English, so it pays to first learn how to properly pronounce each phoneme.

You will learn a language fastest if you are single and living in a country where the language is spoken, or if you have a job where the language is spoken. Motivation is the most important factor, and nothing motivates better than the opposite sex.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You will learn a language fastest if you are single and living in a country where the language is spoken, or if you have a job where the language is spoken. Motivation is the most important factor, and nothing motivates better than the opposite sex.
Yes you are right in a country where the language is spoken from listening the same word 5- 10 times you are remembering it easily then if you'll go to lesson and learn the words with vocabulary or the teacher. But if the one don't have chance to go to the country where the language is spoken it can be done by watching TV , movies, songs .. I can say that the music helped me a lot for the learning language.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 PM

My Spanish teacher learned to speak English by watching the same movie 15 times. That would be really hard for me!

As an exercise in listening comprehension, I found a TV show that had English and Spanish versions, so I transcribed the Spanish and verified it using the English. I used Audacity to slow down the audio and understood 80% of the words. It was a useful exercise that I recommend.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Have discussions with someone who is fluent in the language, that way you can get an easy transition of what & what you arnt doing properly.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Pay for having a very good native speaking teacher harass you for as long as it takes

Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Or keep posting with English on every thread in this forum. lol

Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 AM

Hello!!!

I am trying to learn German,can anyone please help me out!!!!!!!!
================================================== ======
[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 08-19-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: use the signature feature

Old 08-19-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
My Spanish teacher learned to speak English by watching the same movie 15 times. That would be really hard for me!

As an exercise in listening comprehension, I found a TV show that had English and Spanish versions, so I transcribed the Spanish and verified it using the English. I used Audacity to slow down the audio and understood 80% of the words. It was a useful exercise that I recommend

This is also very helpful tip!!

There is also audio tutorials with the books you can listen them and learn with fun

Old 08-19-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well, first you should go to intensive language courses, and then go to the country to communicate with the native speakers there, it's live language that not a single teacher may give you

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby