Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
v7n Mentor

Good day Cricket & Dan,

Not every day can be strawberry sweet & ice-cream smooth, but like they say "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger" right

Cricket: U want me to include the v7n forum as "your site" in next months statistics? It would demolish all the rest of us but maybe put a smile on yer face

Dan: Ouch, major bummer, I go nuts when such things happen

I think I'm gonna have to go and do some digging in your site when I'm done with this round of updates. I haven't started submitting to directories yet.

What is it you're trying to do that's not working these days?

My progress:

Country section 70% finished, gonna finish all of it this afternoon and move over to the "Type" section.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2010, 06:09 AM

I'm trying something new today in my quest to develop in-bound links and boost my page rank.

I send out a weekly newsletter to about 4800 people. I normally just include links to my site. It has been a great traffic generator and keeps people coming back to my site once they discover it.

Last night I did something different. I did a newsletter on how to use a convection oven and included a Resource Section. There I included links to sites that had either convection oven recipes or convection oven info. Today I will send an e-mail to those sites letting them know I sent some traffic their way and include a link to the newsletter and my site. When I've done this type of thing before I've often gotten a link back or a shout out in their blog.

I'm just trying to find other uses for the space I have available in my newsletter. Will keep you posted if I get any response!

Crystal

Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 AM
v7n Mentor

Today was just greaterz~!
  • Finalized the last touch to the layout
  • Created a new background that feels more comfortable
  • Published 3 new guys
  • Released a 300 quote page about love
  • Got help from the website review section to fix a bunch of bugs
  • Uploaded a new sitemap
  • Installed and configured a google translator widget

Now I'm like falling off the chair

Cool approach with the newsletter Crystal, wonder when I'll ever have a newsletter of my own, that feels a bit distant

Gnite

Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 PM
v7n Mentor

QP I'm still in the weeds so no exciting progress to share, when I get back on track I'll get back in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QP
What is it you're trying to do that's not working these days?
Everything.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
v7n Mentor

Woaa... who said it got to be exciting

I woke up this morning, that's progress

These days my nephew is staying with us, he's totally going bananas with my son, they wreck the whole site wherever they go

Yesterday I pulled the TV plug since they were parking in front of there during the evenings, and holy frijoles, all of a sudden there was no end to the energy in em

Today I'm working on creating a new browse function, feels a bit heavy as it's a creative process, but got to get it done

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
QP I'm still in the weeds so no exciting progress to share, when I get back on track I'll get back in here

Everything.
You're still sharing that rut with me huh? Read my recent blog and you will see that I am still hanging out there.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 PM
v7n Mentor

QP and Cricket

Anyone that reads my Pisces stars for the last 4 or 5 weeks will see the rut I've been battling. It's a nightmare. The planets aren't aligning for me hence the galactic armageddon

Progress today, I've managed to get 1 of my inboxes down to single figures It's taken about 12 coffees though.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Anyone that reads my Pisces stars
Couldn't seem to find those, but I can certainly relate to Galactic Armageddon

I spent in average 3 seconds on each email in my inbox this morning, mostly fyi stuff and some I could delegate.

Leaves plenty of room for building my new category section, this unbelievably gigantic project that will simply never end

I'll see if I can put a "birthday quotes" page in the popular section, on demand from my wife last night, haha

Off we go

(Btw, got a lifesign from Cdin this morning, she was having a hard time)

Old 09-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Wake up everyone! No progress to report??

I will admit, I've been a bit crazy on the home front, but I'm trying to re-focus myself.

Today I ran across a dinner planning website the was eerily similar to mine. Hmmmm... There is not enough to declare copyright infringement but enough to make me sit up and get going on my site - I will not be beat at my own game!! If I do say so myself, I think my site is a lot more polished, but it just goes to show you, you can never slack off.

So tonight, I'm a link building...
I ran across a plug in code (I'll share with you!) that you can put into the google search bar to come up with blogs that allow comments and don't require a membership log-in
(type in site:.com inurl:blog "post a comment" -"comments closed" -"you must be logged in" "ADD YOUR KEYWORD" )
Then just replace the capitalized letters with the keyword you want to search for, I found some nice blogs that are related to my site concept that I could comment on and leave my url.

I'm also working on my photos tonight. I do get lots of requests for recipe photos and am terribly behind in posting them.
Hope all is well with the group!
Crystal

Old 09-06-2010, 06:00 AM
v7n Mentor

Hiya Crystal and everyone~

Well, I'm making progress pretty much every day as usual, but I don't bump my own threads and it's been awfully quiet around here, maybe I need to change the title to:

Sharing Everymonth Progress

Hehe

I didn't realize I couldn't edit the first message once it got started, that first post was a bit unsexy so I probably scared away most newbs.

I probably should get started working on my backlinks, but so far it's been too exciting just flushing out content and pictures.

This week I'm in Europe, didn't expect to be able to do much but have actually managed to pull off both some new ideas (browse via pictures), and some new content (thank you quotes & working on Hope/Faith quotes)

Got a solid increase in both traffic and click & time amount so it seems I'm heading in the right direction.

How u guys doing!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 AM

My day has just started, and I've a BIG ToDo list for today, including writing, rewriting, submitting, team management, talking to all the employers, forum posting, and more.

Looks like I will need some serious caffeine!

Old 09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
v7n Mentor

Good day~!

I begin to think that the caffeine has run out for today, a little bit too much traveling these days, now I'm looking forward to be back in Asia.

Had a good meeting with a company down in south Sweden today. Now I'm in a hotel in Tallinn just loaded up a few pages I put together in the Kastrup airport.

The bed looks inviting, think I'm gonna hit it right away~

Over and out

Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM

HI QUOTES PAPA!

REMEMBER ME?????

Still kickin' heheheheh which rather surprises me beings that i've been a sick little puppy thar.

Anyhoos HALLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

Hi! Good Day ~

My success story, I am quite simple man. At 20, I have a little cash and few options. Through hard-work, perseverance and astute planning, I purchased my first single family home later that same year. From my single property, ! proceeded to be involved in over 400 real estate transactions personally - building a rental portfolio of single family homes, office buildings and warehouses. Most of my investments today are owned free and clear of any mortgages. Real estate and wealth building are my passions. In 1996 I founded Allstate Funding Corp as Florida Certified Lender, requiring extensive background checks and net worth requirements.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 AM
v7n Mentor

Wow the Cdinerator!

Happiness defined: "Having a Cdin around"

So how shood I envision you these days... bandages? (Mummy @.@) ehe
Hope you're getting better, did you see all the oldies in this thread~ lovely

I'm working on Developer Alex too but seems he's sold his site and ramping up for a new one a bit later.

Henri left this planet for another so I'm not sure if he'll be around, but Sara is still Goddess, Crystal is still cooking, Power Michael energy as usual... Rockstar Lauren and Plantgal working hard. Then let me introduce Dan & Cricket, high caliber webnerds from this forum with lots of love

These two weeks I've been jumping around in EU, flying back today actually

And the beat goes on

Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Everything.
I too am still in the weeds on my New England boaters forum...big difference from e-commerce, but more enjoyable, because it requires more creativity. Now if we can find a member who can supply us with an infinite amount of coffee, we'll be golden.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM

Hello There All!

Wow i didn't get email notification that there was a new update to this thread! I just had to login and check for meself.

WELL... as usual i have all these PLANS and have FINALLY submitted articles to EZINEARTICLES plus i've been accepted to BUZZLE.

Verrrrry exciting

Next, will get up my new sites chosen with PROPER Keywords Tool Research that i FINALLY understand thanks to my wondrous new mentor. i needed a mentor who knew how to communicate with me at kindergarten level. : ) Yeah!!

And, i ALSO can now use the Insight tool with stunning precision. Well... yeah whatever.

Folks, i don't know how long i'll be around... could be a sec, could be centuries! It's all been given to God to deal with. He da MAN.

We'll juss hafta cee.

Movin' forward juss lak old times and Alex and Francois must be makin' millions and zillions.

Quotesdaddy ur site is AWESOME. I'm gonna hafta check out everybody else's site! WOW... is everybody pulling in BOOCOO buckaroos??????

How's our physicist???

If i get a chance i'm going to poke on Alex.

Love to EVERYONE!!!!

Cdinerationalist

Old 09-12-2010, 08:44 PM
v7n Mentor

Interesting there with Buzzle, first time I check them out, always something new to learn

There's an option for email notification, u may have to configure it. Just put it on "instant notification" or whatever frequency you like and TADA~~ it's working

So CDin will be creating new websites around proper keywords from now on? THAT I want to know absolutely everything about

As for buckaroos... well, I'm still on free mode with my new site and I'll keep it that way for now. Me such a missionary ahaaha. But actually QP is only a bit over 2 months now so no hurries.

I think I need to look into my SEO a bit, both the use of keywords and back links, not sure where to start

But let's start with lunch

Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM

Wish me luck quotedaddy. Now with my brain damagearoni i'm even slower and more scattered than EVER. But i'm loving the Lord and He's my Director.

So WATCH OUT buddy.

What the heck are you up to with your site? How are you going to monetize?? Me thinks ur having way too much fun.

ME: I'm watching liferegenerator, Dave the Raw Food Trucker, the Fruitarian, therawfoodfamilylife on Youtube all the time!!! Plus i'm blabbing up a storm on RawfoodRehab.

BUT NOW I HAFTA FOCUS ON INCOME!!!!!!!! Will u all still love me if i'm living in a car?

Yours Truly,
Missahib Cdin Sky

Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 PM
v7n Mentor

No worries, we'll love you even when you live like this:

Just make sure you have a laptop with wireless so u can be online all the time

How many websites are u managing nowadays btw, I reckon my fingers are not enough to count em, the question is just if it would be enough if I added my toes

These days I look upon my little web creation as a work of art. More like writing a book or something. I've already started adding my own quotes and that's just awesomely refreshing. I'm looking into adding a series of Asian celebrities to balance out a bit the heavy America taste.

Then I have got to add some Russians like Putin and Stalin etc, em doods have been on my mind for a loong time.

Just gonna finish the "Hope section" under categories so I can run a SEO test on those along with the "Thank You" and "Beginnings" quotes.

Yesterday eve I added a little traffic counter in the footer. Had to really maximize the length with 10 digits to display my immense faith in the future traffic, muahaha

And off we go

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby