Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Don't miss an Oscar winning performance in this sleeper movie!

I will freely admit that I seldom go to movies. I usually wait for the DVD. Once a year or so I take the plunge. This time I had to even pay a premium price for a matinee because of the movie house and I don't feel ripped off.

So when I read a blurb that Robert Duvall, one of my favorite character actors had a new one out and that it might be his his best ever, well I had to part with some cash and go see it. You will not find it at the main stream movie places. It will be playing where the arty type films play. Don't judge a movie by the screen it is using.

I personally think this will be a best actor nomination in a drama. It may not win but it deserves a nomination.

This movie is a serious drama with enough comedic interludes to lighten the load. Even Bill Murray is playing straight a big part of the time.

Quote:
There's something achingly human and simple in every Robert Duvall performance. He's been in bad movies (Get Low is one of his best), but he's been in more good ones, and he's often directly responsible for their success with his simple honesty and lived-in authenticity.

Expect Oscar to come calling once again for Mr. Duvall's work here................... source: http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/hu...ow-639644.html

An overview, not the best IMO is here: http://www.fandango.com/getlow_131980/movieoverview

This is the first time ever that I have seen and recommended a movie on on its opening week. I would love to know what you think after viewing it. Agree or disagree, tell me what you think.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby